The Student Room Group
Reply 7340
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu

Complacency, my team are familliar with that, when we first started Basektball we always won, even during Ramadhan BUT things changed, we've been losing these past few weeks...ah well!

How is everyone?
Milli
Yes..lol :p: Don't worry i don't run around in an abayah.

No, i've been playing since i was 9. My parents had to make sure i had some hobby that i was good at. Other than the piano, i love basketball.

So you play for a team/ leisure? Sorry it wasnt too clear from the post...
Reply 7342
rashid1988
So you play for a team/ leisure? Sorry it wasnt too clear from the post...

Well, every fridays i go for practice.....so i have a private tutor who teaches me one on one. But then other people come..so we play as a team. More the practice..the better i get :p:
Reply 7343
rashid1988
What prisoner abuse thing?

This may help:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4707916.stm
Reply 7344
assalmaulakuym everyone

im back
Reply 7345
jazakhallah azs for the link

why cant they just stop this torture?
Reply 7346
ok i guess everyone goes off, whenever i come online:frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 7347
ok then ill be off aswell...

i think im speaking to myself
Assalaamu Alaikum everyone!
More prisoner abuse? :eek:
Reply 7349
Wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Yikes!! Sorry sister, i didn't think anyone was here

May Allah give those responsible for the abuse, their rightful punishment, whether it be in this world or the next, Ameen
Reply 7350
asalaamu alaaikum brothers and sisters

wats happenin around us? the average muslim is being victimised.. there's almost a battle for civil liberties going in the uk... while we are fighting for our lives and freedom overseas..

being a moderate.. i am appalled by what we are seeing but think we have to educate not retaliate

what does everyone else think

jak
ps. how does one go about joining this society?
Assalaamu Alaikum!

Just go to the socs link on the top of the page and request to join the Islamic society!
Reply 7352
Wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakuthu

Welcome, insha'Allah your time here will be beneficial!

I agree with you, times are becoming harsher and challenging, but I think it is important that we do learn to represent ourselves appropriately! As Muslims our character should be akin to the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s through this we can reflect the true Islam, I think practicing the traits of our beloved Prophet will help create a more realistic image of our religion!

Something definitely has to be done, because I think our youth are becoming disillusioned and disenfranchised, the more they are seemingly provoked, the harsher they will react! This needs to be changed as we live in a society where Islam is criticised but this is only due to the acts of the minority who fail to represent the true Islam.
Reply 7353
how are you MF??
Well said Asz*!
I'm alright alhamdullilah and yourself?
Reply 7355
:rolleyes:
azs*
......I agree with you, times are becoming harsher and challenging, but I think it is important that we do learn to represent ourselves appropriately! As Muslims our character should be akin to the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s through this we can reflect the true Islam, I think practicing the traits of our beloved Prophet will help create a more realistic image of our religion!

Something definitely has to be done, because I think our youth are becoming disillusioned and disenfranchised, the more they are seemingly provoked, the harsher they will react! This needs to be changed as we live in a society where Islam is criticised but this is only due to the acts of the minority who fail to represent the true Islam.

You look at the so called "free" west, its joke, you look at muslim countries, another joke as the leaders are mostly corrupt e.g. afghanistan OR some western puppet leader. I hate being here, i feel that the longer i stay, my faith in Allah(swt) is being muddied by the filth of liberalism and democracy. I cant wait till i qualify as a doctor as i am not doing to practise here, these people dont deserve the right to life. And this is from a muslim (sort of moderate), who was born in this country and effectively westernised except for faith.....
Reply 7356
sayed samed
it seems like you have a lot of anger... i completely disagree with your view that these people don't deserve life.. you say you are sort of moderate but this is a completely radical statement.. i belive you dont really think like this.. dont feel as if you are being subjected to western culture.. just try and learn from it..
there are too many angry muslims about today.. we need to learn how to live in harmony with our non-muslim brothers and sisters
Reply 7357
jakatak
sayed samed
it seems like you have a lot of anger... i completely disagree with your view that these people don't deserve life.. you say you are sort of moderate but this is a completely radical statement.. i belive you dont really think like this.. dont feel as if you are being subjected to western culture.. just try and learn from it..
there are too many angry muslims about today.. we need to learn how to live in harmony with our non-muslim brothers and sisters

Thats what i mean i was moderate but from what i have learned, whats the point. Since i am british, i shouldnt have a problem but when honkey people see you, ha its a f**kin joke! I am all for harmony but in junior school and senior school i was seen as different. Currently i have applied to medicine, and that system is a f**kin joke!

jakatak
....... dont feel as if you are being subjected to western culture.. just try and learn from it..
Dont worry, the best way to defeat the enemies of Allah(swt) is to learn there way of life, to find there weaknesses.
sayed_samed
Dont worry, the best way to defeat the enemies of Allah(swt) is to learn there way of life, to find there weaknesses.

Assalamu Alaikum just thought i'd drop in and say hi :smile: as some of you know, I do like to now and again.... its such a lovely soc :biggrin:

Sayed samed I hope i'm not out of line by not being an official member of the Islamic Society and I hope you don't mind me briefly posting :redface: but i'm a little confused by your post....:confused: Were you referring to the 'enemies' of Allah (swt) as all the people who are non-muslims?
everyone deserves life. Allah was the one who gave life to all of us. thus all of us deserve it

Latest