The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks sketchyCanvas...I didnt know this...Its so beautiful...

To doodle: yeah i guess you're right :wink:
So, have any ideas?
randomuser#6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
simple logo, the shahadah
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
i see where you're coming from apply eater. I enjoyed your story by the way. Its more of a - I studied hard for years and got all fails and therefore I will not study hard anymore. Ok, anyway I dont care where I go in the after life, point is, God hates me, I can see him now teasing me, I'm sure he's put me on here just to point and laugh at me, and so all the angels can laugh at me, and make Shane so happy so I can wreak of jealousy over him. When I was child, I used to sit up and pray all night looking in the stars and wishing everything would be better, I prayed and wished so hard back then, when I think of it now it makes me cry, I'm getting tears in my eyes right now typing this, I want to be a agood muslim, I really do, but also religion and culture will stop me from marrying Shane, and also stopped me from going to a really good university. I hate it, I wish I was never born.
why would it stop you from going to a good university, plus you know that shane is just an illusion, I mean be realistic saba hun, he is irish from irland married, this is not a sanderella story, where he will sudden;ly come looking for you and marry you and love you forever, I mean really do you think god hates you because he didn't answer that kind of wish?!, I've studied very hard this last year for my A2s, so that i could get a high A in physics I've got an a but not as high as I hoped, it would've raised my overall mark 10 whole marks, and that woulod lead to alot of stuff. and iyou don't know weither he hates you or not, and you wont marry shane. you know it, so why don't you just have a normal life, like music and everything but put some lines so that you wont obbssess over things in that way.be positive and happy and you'll meet maybe someone who you'll marry and he will be better than shane
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phoenix CG)
simple logo, the shahadah
Yeah my thoughts exactly...
I've attached some logos...
Attached files
randomuser#6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you know what number one is fine
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah me too I liked number one...lets wait for what others have to say
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh number 1. :top:
Xanthe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
BlueAngel, why do you feel religion stopped you from going to a good university? Didn't your parents allow you to go to a good uni or something?
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xanthe)
BlueAngel, why do you feel religion stopped you from going to a good university? Didn't your parents allow you to go to a good uni or something?
Its not really religion, its more like culture stopped me, but religion too I guess. My parents wouldnt let me move away from home, probably cant trust me, they think I would get corrupt and start drinking/sleepinga round, etc... So I only had two uni's to choose from that are near home, and the one Im in is crap, whereas I did get a place in really top uni's for my course, but are miles off and would have had to move away.
Xanthe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
Its not really religion, its more like culture stopped me, but religion too I guess. My parents wouldnt let me move away from home, probably cant trust me, they think I would get corrupt and start drinking/sleepinga round, etc... So I only had two uni's to choose from that are near home, and the one Im in is crap, whereas I did get a place in really top uni's for my course, but are miles off and would have had to move away.
Oh that's too bad.

So there was absolutely no way to try and convince your parents otherwise? Did you consider commuting to uni (even though they may have been miles away)?
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

One thing I think is important for al to know s that if we weren’t tested from Allah, would we be appreciative?

Think of it, if we had it all, glitz, glamour, and money whatever your inner hearts desires, would you really remember Allah?? Honestly, I know I probably wouldn’t, Astagfirullah!
It's true though, Allah places us in such situations so that we remember our Creator, who really has given us so much! If your loved ones hadn't died, would you thank Allah that they were alive? Would you really thank Allah?

Ok, I accept, as I have said before, things haven’t really gone your way, SO WHAT!! Sorry to be harsh but it has to be said; you are not looking at all the good in your life!! Your so wound up about how 'rubbish' your life is that you are not even attempting to change things!

Sister, you were born a Muslim, and your days may be numbered, so make a change today! Don't let Shaytaan con you into believing your life is a misery, at least your studying in a uni, isn’t that something like being in the top 2% of the world! There are so many illiterate people out there, at least you have family, you have friends, you know!

Sorry to hear about uni, but its done now, your in a uni, make the most of it! Are you part of the ISOC, be active in it, and Insha'Allah you will increase your Imaan!

Please tell me if I was out of order and I apologise in advance if I was

Take care sister

Here as always for you, and rememebring you in my duaas- azs*

Forgot to add i like #1 as well!

Wa alaikum asalaam
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree with Azs...
I like th eway u put ur ideas & thoughts across mashallah...she says it with such laudable conviction...its just great

Well I deem its kinda unanimous; numbah one!
We'll wait for some more replies...
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Jazakullah Khair sis, only using what Allah has blessed me with!

In a bit of a dilemma!

I have been prescribes medication to take 3 times a day, and the Doctor told me not to fast!

Now, if I make sure I have the medication, 3 times and still fast, is this ok?
I really don’t want to miss any fasts!

Let me know what you think I should do asap

:J: in advance

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What are the times for doses?
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
numba one!! definately..
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:d:d
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

No time was really given, just says 3 times a day!

I really don't know what to do, the medication is strong antibiotics for my 'insect bites'

Wa alaikum asalaam
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
As salaamu alaikum

One thing I think is important for al to know s that if we weren’t tested from Allah, would we be appreciative?

Think of it, if we had it all, glitz, glamour, and money whatever your inner hearts desires, would you really remember Allah?? Honestly, I know I probably wouldn’t, Astagfirullah!
It's true though, Allah places us in such situations so that we remember our Creator, who really has given us so much! If your loved ones hadn't died, would you thank Allah that they were alive? Would you really thank Allah?

Ok, I accept, as I have said before, things haven’t really gone your way, SO WHAT!! Sorry to be harsh but it has to be said; you are not looking at all the good in your life!! Your so wound up about how 'rubbish' your life is that you are not even attempting to change things!

Sister, you were born a Muslim, and your days may be numbered, so make a change today! Don't let Shaytaan con you into believing your life is a misery, at least your studying in a uni, isn’t that something like being in the top 2% of the world! There are so many illiterate people out there, at least you have family, you have friends, you know!

Sorry to hear about uni, but its done now, your in a uni, make the most of it! Are you part of the ISOC, be active in it, and Insha'Allah you will increase your Imaan!

Please tell me if I was out of order and I apologise in advance if I was

Take care sister

Here as always for you, and rememebring you in my duaas- azs*

Forgot to add i like #1 as well!

Wa alaikum asalaam
No you wasnt out or order, that was well said, and thank you. You're all so nice in this society Btw, I dont really have much good in my life,Ok I have a family, but they hate my guts and dont trust me no more and my mum is always saying Im a waste of space. I rather have no family than a family that are gonna hate and criticise everything I do. And you say I should change things - how can I change that???? I have friends yeah, but Im starting to beleve that the only reason they are friends with me is becos they pity me, I dont have a best friend, I wish I did. Yes I am doing my best in that uni.
Sorry I really do moan alot dont I, I'm really sorry, I bet there are millions out there who are worse of than me, and I just keep saying mine is worse, Im really sorry. Im always helpful and I love to help others thats a good thing about me. I am raising money currently for those families in need in pakistan/india/kashmir. Me and my mates are putting stalls up in the student union to sell stuff and we will throw eid parties too and hopefully send the money. Inshallah all would be good.
Its been good discussing all this here, thanks guys.
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Seems you are making good progress with the fundraising, Insha’Allah all will go well!

You may have heard a Hadith which states that: In worldly terms look at someone who is worse off then you, and in terms of Deen, look at those above you!

You can't give your family the excuse to call you a waste of space, prove them wrong!! I've had a pretty challenging time with my family, and my mum has gradually accepted the change over the past few years! It may take time, but Sister, sabr is essential! Think about it, why do they criticise you? There has to be a reason, and you need to tackle it

Make the most of this Ramadhan, it is meant to be a 'SCHOOL' after which you practise what you learnt throughout the year. You say you don’t fast nor pray, is that causing the family problems? Do duaa, it’s the weapon of a believer; Allah likes us to ask for things, for help, He is the only one who can! You are in difficulty so ask you Lord for help, he has put you through this by no mere coincidence, and it is in your Taqdeer!

Fast tomorrow, read the Qur’aan and pray too. Make duaa, see what happens, the change may not be immediate, but insha’Allah you shall be helped

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
As salaamu alaikum

Seems you are making good progress with the fundraising, Insha’Allah all will go well!

You may have heard a Hadith which states that: In worldly terms look at someone who is worse off then you, and in terms of Deen, look at those above you!

You can't give your family the excuse to call you a waste of space, prove them wrong!! I've had a pretty challenging time with my family, and my mum has gradually accepted the change over the past few years! It may take time, but Sister, sabr is essential! Think about it, why do they criticise you? There has to be a reason, and you need to tackle it

Make the most of this Ramadhan, it is meant to be a 'SCHOOL' after which you practise what you learnt throughout the year. You say you don’t fast nor pray, is that causing the family problems? Do duaa, it’s the weapon of a believer; Allah likes us to ask for things, for help, He is the only one who can! You are in difficulty so ask you Lord for help, he has put you through this by no mere coincidence, and it is in your Taqdeer!

Fast tomorrow, read the Qur’aan and pray too. Make duaa, see what happens, the change may not be immediate, but insha’Allah you shall be helped

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
Yeah I will fast tomorrow hopefully, but not sure about praying I dont really want to do that, becos I know my parents will take it the wrong way. e.g. earlier on this year, out of the blue I just decided to read namaz, it was maghrib time, and I thought I'd start getting used to it. My aprents took it the wrong way completely, they thought I was praying becos I was guilty of something and they started having a go at me, asking what the hell I had done etc... I just didnt want to do it ever again. :mad: I think the biggest problem with me is, that Ive just given up on everything, I dont have the motivation to do it. But I have set the alarm for tmrw morning to wake up and fast
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads