Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sketchy how comes you dropped Art? Maths, chemistry and biology are very demanding subjects....art would have been a breath of fresh air for you

I did chemistry A level in year 11...and now in my first year of college i'm doing, biology, maths, english literature. For me english literature is a fun subject...massively enjoying it....actually 'loving it' It's a breath of fresh air from all the other science subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    :hmmm: lol! :p:
    sorry about that sister sc

i think im getting a bit hyper or too excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Sketchy how comes you dropped Art? Maths, chemistry and biology are very demanding subjects....art would have been a breath of fresh air for you

I did chemistry A level in year 11...and now in my first year of college i'm doing, biology, maths, english literature. For me english literature is a fun subject...massively enjoying it....actually 'loving it' It's a breath of fresh air from all the other science subjects.
    suprisingly enough, Art was the one subject that took too much of my time with all the pressure and i didn't like the course either From the pressure, it was jeopardising my other 3 subjects which are more relevant to my career choice (midwifery) so i decided to drop it and concentrate more on the other 3

:eek: another English Lit fan! :eek: lol :p: What examboards are you doing for maths and biology?

ReputationRep:
    suprisingly enough, Art was the one subject that took too much of my time with all the pressure and i didn't like the course either From the pressure, it was jeopardising my other 3 subjects which are more relevant to my career choice (midwifery) so i decided to drop it and concentrate more on the other 3

:eek: another English Lit fan! :eek: lol :p: What examboards are you doing for maths and biology?
    hehe i think everyone loves English I'd be suprised if they don't. I'm doing edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    sorry about that sister sc

i think im getting a bit hyper or too excited
    hehe im only joking :p: but english lit is a bbaaadd subject lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    hehe i think everyone loves English I'd be suprised if they don't. I'm doing edexcel.
    oo so your doing biology edexcel too like me? Are you starting your coursework in that btw?

ReputationRep:
    oo mashAllah! i did Business Studies for GCSE :p:

btw, whats the difference between IB and A levels? :confused: :p:
    IB we do 6 subjects and its 2 yrs with no first yr exam. So its one big session at the end of 2 yrs. Also, we do CAS (Community, Action, Service - 50 hrs each so 150 hrs CAS total) and TOK (Theory of Knowledge :eek: first day the teacher walks in and asks 'how do you really know you're here? How'd u know this isn't a dream?' Then they ask stuff like 'What is truth?' and so on... To help reason out things with balanced judgement). You do 3 subject on Higher Level and 3 on Standard (generally). Also we have to do a ToK essay - 1500 words and oral presentation as well as Extended Essay - 4000 words.

Also, part of our final marks are based on coursework. For maths its portfolio's kinda mathematical essays. Basically a question sheet, although ur write-up should be a 'paper' so that someone can read it and know whats going on without the questions. Sciences are 60 hrs of pracs and then they mark lab reports. Spanish was orals + presentations. Eng was World Lit essay - 1500 words + Oral Commentary:eek: + Oral Presentation. Phew.... Glad thats over with...

ReputationRep:
    oo so your doing biology edexcel too like me? Are you starting your coursework in that btw?
    Yep....unfortunately i am. I hate experiment...it's my weakest point in the science subjects.

ReputationRep:
    i guess english lit is famous

yh sister milli's on my side....wooo hooo....pride and rejudeice fans:hugs:

yh i dont blame you sister sc, art is time consuming and it does take up timem for other subjects... thats one reason why my m8s dropped it

im thinking of contuinng with it on A2 because i want to becaome and art primary teacher or english literature

inshallah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    IB we do 6 subjects and its 2 yrs with no first yr exam. So its one big session at the end of 2 yrs. Also, we do CAS (Community, Action, Service - 50 hrs each so 150 hrs CAS total) and TOK (Theory of Knowledge :eek: first day the teacher walks in and asks 'how do you really know you're here? How'd u know this isn't a dream?' Then they ask stuff like 'What is truth?' and so on... To help reason out things with balanced judgement). You do 3 subject on Higher Level and 3 on Standard (generally). Also we have to do a ToK essay - 1500 words and oral presentation as well as Extended Essay - 4000 words.

Also, part of our final marks are based on coursework. For maths its portfolio's kinda mathematical essays. Basically a question sheet, although ur write-up should be a 'paper' so that someone can read it and know whats going on without the questions. Sciences are 60 hrs of pracs and then they mark lab reports. Spanish was orals + presentations. Eng was World Lit essay - 1500 words + Oral Commentary:eek: + Oral Presentation. Phew.... Glad thats over with...
    whoa :eek: You're making me feel thick now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)

:eek: ! you've got your work cut out for you then! :p: Jazakharah for telling me the difference thou!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rashid1988]IB we do 6 subjects and its 2 yrs with no first yr exam. So its one big session at the end of 2 yrs. Also, we do CAS (Community, Action, Service - 50 hrs each so 150 hrs CAS total) and TOK (Theory of Knowledge :eek: first day the teacher walks in and asks 'how do you really know you're here? How'd u know this isn't a dream?' Then they ask stuff like 'What is truth?' and so on... To help reason out things with balanced judgement). You do 3 subject on Higher Level and 3 on Standard (generally). Also we have to do a ToK essay - 1500 words and oral presentation as well as Extended Essay - 4000 words.

brother thats like philosphy:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Yep....unfortunately i am. I hate experiment...it's my weakest point in the science subjects.
    same :p: which experiment are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    i guess english lit is famous

yh sister milli's on my side....wooo hooo....pride and rejudeice fans:hugs:

yh i dont blame you sister sc, art is time consuming and it does take up timem for other subjects... thats one reason why my m8s dropped it

im thinking of contuinng with it on A2 because i want to becaome and art primary teacher or english literature

inshallah
    Inshallah!!

ReputationRep:
    same :p: which experiment are you doing?
    i chose quite an easy one. All the good options were taken unfortunately. I'm doing the effect of sodium hydrogen carbonate on the rate of photosynthesis. It's such an easy experiment..i could do it with my eyes closed:p: I just hope my teacher doesn't lower the marks because of this.

ReputationRep:
    i think ill be off brother rashid, sister milli and munise

need to pick up my little brothers from mosque

nice speaking to you

speak to you soon inshallah:hugs:

assalamualykum:ciao:

ReputationRep:
    What is Edexcel?? And in UK is A Levels/ IB college? Cos we did that in school... like Lower 6th form and upper 6 were still high school... Just curious...

ReputationRep:

nice speaking to you

salams rahmara...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    i chose quite an easy one. All the good options were taken unfortunately. I'm doing the effect of sodium hydrogen carbonate on the rate of photosynthesis. It's such an easy experiment..i could do it with my eyes closed:p: I just hope my teacher doesn't lower the marks because of this.
    oo lucky lol i have to do the catalase one with different livers :s: lol I'm sure your marks won't be lowered because of that, quote(my teacher)= just make sure you apply technique when carrying out the experiment and writing it up /quote. Whatever that means :p: lol

ReputationRep:

nice speaking to you

nice speaking to you too!

Inshallah :hugs:

W/salaams and take care

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.