The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
That's good to hear! Inshallah things will go well Anyways I'm off to bed got a long day tomorrow!

Night all x

P.s I'm a nice person really was just teasing ya so chill :p:

Inshallah

im off to sleep too, night :ciao:

Salaams and t/c all

Munise
azs*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
walaykum salam warahmatukahi wabaraktu

sister azs, how are you today?

i guess its just us two
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
Hey
Could someone explain me this please, I don't seem to understand this statement:

"The dust which settles on a man while he is out in the path of Allah; not only the fire, but the smoke of Jahannam is haraam for those parts of the body."

Ta.
Assalamu Alaikum to all. Sorry i havent been on to join your discussions cos of time difference! The above quote... I interpret it that anyone out on Jihad (proper - not killing/ violence/ Qital) then the parts of his body that are used for the improvement/ benefit of Islam will be free from 'evil/ hell/ shaytaan".

Refer Surah Al - Baqarah... (V .2:7) "Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and on their hearing, (i.e. they are closed to Allah's guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment.

This is referring to the non-believers. So i believe the vice-versa effect will be true for the mujaahids and true muslims. A covering from Allah that protects from evil and Jahannam for those are the people who are Allah-conscious and will stay true to His (swt) straight and righteous path.
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
walaykum salam brother rashid

how are you today?

may i just ask what time is it in Colombo?
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
Assalamu Alaikum to all. Sorry i havent been on to join your discussions cos of time difference! The above quote... I interpret it that anyone out on Jihad (proper - not killing/ violence/ Qital) then the parts of his body that are used for the improvement/ benefit of Islam will be free from 'evil/ hell/ shaytaan".

Refer Surah Al - Baqarah... (V .2:7) "Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and on their hearing, (i.e. they are closed to Allah's guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment.

This is referring to the non-believers. So i believe the vice-versa effect will be true for the mujaahids and true muslims. A covering from Allah that protects from evil and Jahannam for those are the people who are Allah-conscious and will stay true to His (swt) straight and righteous path.

glad to have you back on the discussion :yy:
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aj)
I'm sure this is the Islamic society but whenever I come in all I see is inviduals involved in 'personal' conversations. Don't get me wrong, it's fair enough saying aSlaam, but a little Islamic conversation (topics) would not go a miss!
Salamun Aleykum Everyone

Hope you're fine.

In response to what Aj said about the 'personal' conversations. When you meant 'personal' were you referring to the A level conversation we were having with the other members. I'm sure you don't expect us to pm everyone one by one asking them what A levels they are doing. This society is a place where all muslims gather and speak about anything and everything. We talk about islam...we get to know each other....we help others who have problems. Its hard to come up with topics every time, because most of them are already covered. Do you have any suggestions?
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Salamun Aleykum Everyone

Hope you're fine.

In response to what Aj said about the 'personal' conversations. When you meant 'personal' were you referring to the A level conversation we were having with the other members. I'm sure you don't expect us to pm everyone one by one asking them what A levels they are doing. This society is a place where all muslims gather and speak about anything and everything. We talk about islam...we get to know each other....we help others who have problems. Its hard to come up with topics every time, because most of them are already covered. Do you have any suggestions?
walaykum salam sister milli

alhamdulilah were all fine

hope you are too
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh Yeh, By The Way Sister Milli, I Started My English Courseowrk With The First Sentence On Your Signature....cool...because Im Looking At Marriage And Love As Two Themes.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams sisters Rahmara and Milli. Thanks Rahmara (read: your Highness!:p: haha) good to be back. Its 21:48 which is if im correct - 15:48 or so in UK as i think we're 6 hrs ahead.... So your 6pm is my midnight! :eek: Anyways im good! I finished my first complete week at classes. Otherwise i kept skiving/ was ill. I was determined - i even wore a black long-sleeved button down shirt to mark the event (even tho a week at class is only like three days lol) !
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
Oh Yeh, By The Way Sister Milli, I Started My English Courseowrk With The First Sentence On Your Signature....cool...because Im Looking At Marriage And Love As Two Themes.
That sounds cool... you should quote asia and arranged marriages. A friend once told me she thought that arranged marriages work out more (i disagree) as the two people go into it without set expectations. Conversely, love marriages, she says sometimes dont work out because of the pre-set expectations. Maybe that'll give another viewpoint to your essay. What are your opinions of this theory? (its not mine, i really dont know and dont like to classify one system over the other... My parents got together through an arranged marriage and many people in my family are stable though they had arranged marriages which is one of the only reasons im impartial...)
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams sisters Rahmara and Milli. Thanks Rahmara (read: your Highness!:p: haha) good to be back. Its 21:48 which is if im correct - 15:48 or so in UK as i think we're 6 hrs ahead.... So your 6pm is my midnight! :eek: Anyways im good! I finished my first complete week at classes. Otherwise i kept skiving/ was ill. I was determined - i even wore a black long-sleeved button down shirt to mark the event (even tho a week at class is only like three days lol) !
HAHA, YES THE HIGHNESS IS BACK...yep your right brother rashid,its 16.00 now... so your must be 22.00

you should get some sleep...

mark what event, clases for what brother rashid:cool:
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Great I love that quote. Hope you do well in you're coursework
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That sounds cool... you should quote asia and arranged marriages. A friend once told me she thought that arranged marriages work out more (i disagree) as the two people go into it without set expectations. Conversely, love marriages, she says sometimes dont work out because of the pre-set expectations. Maybe that'll give another viewpoint to your essay. What are your opinions of this theory? (its not mine, i really dont know and dont like to classify one system over the other... My parents got together through an arranged marriage and many people in my family are stable though they had arranged marriages which is one of the only reasons im impartial...)
Rashid, when you say 'arranged' marriage..do you mean forced marriage? Or is it when parents arrange the girl you should meet..and the boy decides whether he likes her? Sorry, i'm slightly confused
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Great I love that quote. Hope you do well in you're coursework
jazakhallah sister milli
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Rashid, when you say 'arranged' marriage..do you mean forced marriage? Or is it when parents arrange the girl you should meet..and the boy decides whether he likes her? Sorry, i'm slightly confused
latter option - not forced. Just that theyd never met... As in the parents find a girl and propose, the two meet and if they hit it off they get married. There are the obvious flaws that one can't truly know someone in about 3 weeks or whatever. Then again in Asia rumours go round like everyone's completely jobless! I came here bearded and they thought i had joined a jamaat movement and things... Sometimes they blow things out of proportion so if someone has a bad rep then it most of the time gets around...
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
HAHA, YES THE HIGHNESS IS BACK...yep your right brother rashid,its 16.00 now... so your must be 22.00

you should get some sleep...

mark what event, clases for what brother rashid:cool:
Yeah 22:12 - sleep and miss out on the good discussions?! I dont think i've slept before 11 since the day i got here! Its peaceful at night without the hustle and bustle of the city at day what with mad drivers and all! Oh classes at college. I've been going for abt 2 months but this is the first time i've stayed for all classes during the week, i think... Something im not proud of btw...
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
jazakhallha brother rashid.... so you do have some backgourund on this... thats nice to hear

i ll just add that in my coursework:yy:
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah 22:12 - sleep and miss out on the good discussions?! I dont think i've slept before 11 since the day i got here! Its peaceful at night without the hustle and bustle of the city at day what with mad drivers and all! Oh classes at college. I've been going for abt 2 months but this is the first time i've stayed for all classes during the week, i think... Something im not proud of btw...
you should be proud in whatever you do
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you should be proud in whatever you do
Thanks but skiving off class is not something to be proud of! Anyways it was alot of fun! Were you surprised at the post abt marriage? Cos you seemed amused that i talked abt marriage :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (43)
44.79%
Pro-humanity (53)
55.21%

Watched Threads