The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
azs*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Good to hear you are going to fast at least!

Let them think your guilty, at the end of the day you know you aren't and so does Allah! Do you know how much reward there is waiting to be given to us in Ramadhan, stock up on your good deeds!!!

May Allah swt guide your parents, so that they become more supportive insha'Allah

Wa alaikum asalaam
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
Yeah I will fast tomorrow hopefully, but not sure about praying I dont really want to do that, becos I know my parents will take it the wrong way. e.g. earlier on this year, out of the blue I just decided to read namaz, it was maghrib time, and I thought I'd start getting used to it. My aprents took it the wrong way completely, they thought I was praying becos I was guilty of something and they started having a go at me, asking what the hell I had done etc... I just didnt want to do it ever again. :mad: I think the biggest problem with me is, that Ive just given up on everything, I dont have the motivation to do it. But I have set the alarm for tmrw morning to wake up and fast
Bit by bit and your'll get there Just explain to your parents the reason why you started to do your namaz and im sure they'll understand after
randomuser#6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
at the medication person, I would strongly be against having medication on an empty stomach. Are your insect bites that bad for medication/tablets, can you not use creams?
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ur not praying for the sake of ur parents..let them make assuptions, ur praying for Allah and him only.U will get more reward for being strong and continuing in the path of Him the All Mighty..go for--it makes u feel so much better wen u pray..and u kno u wer sayin sumin bout nt wanning to make du'aa coz u cry..thers sumink about tht..sumin gud about tht..ill try n find it..tc
salaams
xx
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dooooodle Salaams :hello:
:p:
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by doodle)
ur not praying for the sake of ur parents..let them make assuptions, ur praying for Allah and him only.U will get more reward for being strong and continuing in the path of Him the All Mighty..go for--it makes u feel so much better wen u pray..and u kno u wer sayin sumin bout nt wanning to make du'aa coz u cry..thers sumink about tht..sumin gud about tht..ill try n find it..tc
salaams
xx
Speaking of which, I bought myself a "Be Strong" band today, those ones for charity. It does, the dua gets me depressed and I always cry and start aching.
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

I am the medication person lol

I got an insect bite 3 weeks ago, which made my leg completely swollen, so I couldn’t walk. I was prescribed steroids and antihistamines!

Now on Monday I notice a few big spots emerging, quite painful and full of pus, went to the Doc apparently it isn’t connected to the previous bite, as it’s too far apart from it. SO, I have some antibiotics! I won’t be having them on an empty stomach, it’s before meals so one at Suhoor, one at Iftaar, and another later in the evening.

I really don’t know what to do, the Doctor said not to fast, I don’t want to end up even worse, but then again why should I miss a whole weeks fasts?

I haven’t been given any cream! Darn doctors, A & E refused to see me yesterday after the Head at College sent me there, silly NHS worries about waiting times!

*sighs*

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
--------------
As salaamu alaikum

crying can be a good thing, we are in a weak postion where only Allah has the power to alleviate this!

Wa alaikum asalaam
randomuser#6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Walaikumsalam,

I see, well in that case it is a medical condition, and you can repeat your missed fasts...

walaikumsalam
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phoenix CG)
Walaikumsalam,

I see, well in that case it is a medical condition, and you can repeat your missed fasts...

walaikumsalam
Yeh thats what im doing too, i missed a few days because i had a chest infection so im gonna make up the days after ramadan
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

I'm overdue a TETANUS BY TWO YEARS APPARENTLY! gave me a little shock lol, but will get that sorted soon insha'Allah, once the nurse is done with the over-60's flu jabs

Jazakullah Khair for the replies!

Wa alaikum asalaam
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
BlueAngel..sum stuff i found out..
:p:
'Abdallah bin Ash-Shikh-kheer said: "I came upon the Messenger of Allah and to his inside was an "uzzering", like the "uzzering" of a copper cauldron, due to crying".
---------------
Dua can be beautified and perfected by certain actions:

1) Have Wudu, face Qibla, be neat and clean

2) Raise both hands up to the shoulder with palms open facing up

3) Ask by Asma alHusna- Allah's Beautiful Names

4) Ask Allah by your good deeds

5) Be insistent-repeat (i.e. 3x's)

6) Glorify Allah and recite Durud for the Prophet (SAW) at both the beginning and end

7) Show humility, entreaty, desire and fear while making Dua

8) Repent and try to make amends where one has wronged

9) Confess mistakes, shortcomings, and sins

10) Keep voice between a whisper and speaking aloud

11) Show the need for Allah's help and implore Him for release from weakness, hardship and tribulation.

12) Seize the opportunity of time, situation and circumstance in which prayers are answered

13) Crying when making Dua

14) The Dua of (Yunus) by which he invoked Allah from within the belly of the whale was: "Laa ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka innee kuntu min ath-thaalimeen." No Muslim ever makes Dua with it but Allah answers it." [At tirmidhi]

15) End with "Alhamdulillahi rabbil alameen"
------------
And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell - in humiliation!" (Quran 40:60)

"Call upon your Lord Humbly and in secret" (Qur'an 7:55),

"Is not He (best) who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering." (Qur'an 27:62)
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Salaams,
Thanks for that doodle

W/salaams
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i thought tht stuff was kwite nice and so i thought id share it spesh if it gna benifit pplz glad yer liking it.. whassup?hows college going?
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i thought tht stuff was kwite nice and so i thought id share it spesh if it gna benifit pplz glad yer liking it.. whassup?hows college going?
Meh college, dont even say that word! :p: lol Got loadddds of homework :bawling: and have 7hrs of chem to do, maths test on monday, bio on friday... how long have u got? lol
You? Hows life
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm..InshAllah, jus keep ontop of ur work and it'll b all good.Got mocks in Jan .. but more in the nr future, ive gt two enterance exams, City Of London Girls and South Hampstead Girls.. i cnt believe i hv 2 take an exam!! i did tht 4 secndary skool..so i gta prepare 4 tht..ones on the 7th Nov and the otha is lyke 3/4th..which mite b eid so im re-schduling with them .. the coursework is jus pillling up,fin all maths!!!Yay!! And nw i gt 3 sci(which im in the process of doing) and english left and course tonnes of art bt im k with tht..hehe
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm..InshAllah, jus keep ontop of ur work and it'll b all good.Got mocks in Jan .. but more in the nr future, ive gt two enterance exams, City Of London Girls and South Hampstead Girls.. i cnt believe i hv 2 take an exam!! i did tht 4 secndary skool..so i gta prepare 4 tht..ones on the 7th Nov and the otha is lyke 3/4th..which mite b eid so im re-schduling with them .. the coursework is jus pillling up,fin all maths!!!Yay!! And nw i gt 3 sci(which im in the process of doing) and english left and course tonnes of art bt im k with tht..hehe
Good luck Inshallah your'll do great in your exams and past the entrance exam And your coursework too
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
loll..thanks
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no probs
doodle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey, cn i add u 2 my msn?if u dnt mind,,if u do,no probz and also, whts ur name?
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey, cn i add u 2 my msn?if u dnt mind,,if u do,no probz and also, whts ur name?
yeh sure, just check out my profile My name?........ well its very complicated and hard to pronounce :s: :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed