BlueAngel..sum stuff i found out..
'Abdallah bin Ash-Shikh-kheer said: "I came upon the Messenger of Allah and to his inside was an "uzzering", like the "uzzering" of a copper cauldron, due to crying".
Dua can be beautified and perfected by certain actions:
1) Have Wudu, face Qibla, be neat and clean
2) Raise both hands up to the shoulder with palms open facing up
3) Ask by Asma alHusna- Allah's Beautiful Names
4) Ask Allah by your good deeds
5) Be insistent-repeat (i.e. 3x's)
6) Glorify Allah and recite Durud for the Prophet (SAW) at both the beginning and end
7) Show humility, entreaty, desire and fear while making Dua
8) Repent and try to make amends where one has wronged
9) Confess mistakes, shortcomings, and sins
10) Keep voice between a whisper and speaking aloud
11) Show the need for Allah's help and implore Him for release from weakness, hardship and tribulation.
12) Seize the opportunity of time, situation and circumstance in which prayers are answered
13) Crying when making Dua
14) The Dua of (Yunus) by which he invoked Allah from within the belly of the whale was: "Laa ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka innee kuntu min ath-thaalimeen." No Muslim ever makes Dua with it but Allah answers it." [At tirmidhi]
15) End with "Alhamdulillahi rabbil alameen"
And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell - in humiliation!" (Quran 40:60)
"Call upon your Lord Humbly and in secret" (Qur'an 7:55),
"Is not He (best) who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering." (Qur'an 27:62)