The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
Bro's and Sis', if someon of the opposite sex outwardly flirts with you, what can one do to resist said temptation?
slap them :p: and then apologise. That would put them off.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
Bro's and Sis', if someon of the opposite sex outwardly flirts with you, what can one do to resist said temptation?
Ooooh, its hard man. Although i never flirt/ have been come upon by anyone. I suppose you think of something bad that might happen. One imam said this... To ask yourself 'what if'?

What if the world ended today? Are you ready for heaven? Are you prepared to face the hereafter?
I find those questions and the answers to which, if i do commit sins, keep me from thinking badly/ giving in to temptations.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
In line with Rukayah's questions i wanted to ask how many here talk/ intermingle with the opposite sex on a personal basis..? As in, not online, face to face. Do you go to mixed school? Seating arrangements? Are you happy about it/ do you think the segregation is good?
I have cousins who i speak with and who are my age. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Afterall they are family.
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In line with Rukayah's questions i wanted to ask how many here talk/ intermingle with the opposite sex on a personal basis..? As in, not online, face to face. Do you go to mixed school? Seating arrangements? Are you happy about it/ do you think the segregation is good?
Admittdely, I have a few female friends at School, but we only just talk about general stuff (nothing explicit, honest!). I try to lower my gaze but I could try harder inshallah.

We don't really have seating arrangements as such.
rukayah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmm yeh. bt most ppl r jst gna b dancin n drinking.. n i dnt think its right to dance in front of guys like tht.. i dno
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rukayah)
hmm yeh. bt most ppl r jst gna b dancin n drinking.. n i dnt think its right to dance in front of guys like tht.. i dno
no ofcourse you're not suppose to dance. I didn't.
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooooh, its hard man. Although i never flirt/ have been come upon by anyone. I suppose you think of something bad that might happen. One imam said this... To ask yourself 'what if'?

What if the world ended today? Are you ready for heaven? Are you prepared to face the hereafter?
I find those questions and the answers to which, if i do commit sins, keep me from thinking badly/ giving in to temptations.
I know bro! A little satisfying temptation is nothing compared to what's to come in the afterlife. But, believe me bro, it's quite easy saying that but when it actually comes down to it, only a guy with immense will power can resist, especially when the girl is nice! :p:
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
lol, that would consitute touching them, wouldn't it? :p:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Touche violent girl... lol :p:
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Touche violent girl... lol :p:
Trust me bro, Milli's got a few tricks up her sleave! She knows some wrestling moves as well. I'd hate to encounter her in a fight!
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I go to an all girls school, so alhamdullilah that isn't a problem. But I do to take private classes and there are a few guys in the group. Thankfully, we're all muslims (including the teacher) so everyone knows what limits not to cross. My tutor also make sure there is quite a bit of distance between the guys and girls and hates it when some of them mingle.

I have a question...Do you get sins for listening to music that is being played although you have absolutely no control over it? For example, my math tutor always plays classical music (the volume is quite low) while teaching because apparently it helps with absorbing information...
Also, during my graduation ceremony in May, music is going to be played. I can’t control that and I MUST attend it…
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
no ofcourse you're not suppose to dance. I didn't.
Yeah i never broke it down either. Dont think my beard would've complimented a little two step or power slide! :p:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
I know bro! A little satisfying temptation is nothing compared to what's to come in the afterlife. But, believe me bro, it's quite easy saying that but when it actually comes down to it, only a guy with immense will power can resist, especially when the girl is nice! :p:
Ameen, i know what you mean bro...
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
Trust me bro, Milli's got a few tricks up her sleave! She knows some wrestling moves as well. I'd hate to encounter her in a fight!
ahaha lol Dimez. You're going to scare Rashid away.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
And you know this how? Care to enlighten us bro... :p: just kidding man!
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
I go to an all girls school, so alhamdullilah that isn't a problem. But I do to take private classes and there are a few guys in the group. Thankfully, we're all muslims (including the teacher) so everyone knows what limits not to cross. My tutor also make sure there is quite a bit of distance between the guys and girls and hates it when some of them mingle.

I have a question...Do you get sins for listening to music that is being played although you have absolutely no control over it? For example, my math tutor always plays classical music (the volume is quite low) while teaching because apparently it helps with absorbing information...
Also, during my graduation ceremony in May, music is going to be played. I can’t control that and I MUST attend it…
Since you have no control over it, I doubt it's sinful upon you and Allah knows best. But we should still repent for allowing haraam to enter our body. (Taken from askimam.com)
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And you know this how? Care to enlighten us bro... :p: just kidding man!
Don't get deceived by her hijab man! She threathened to chock-slam me once?! :eek:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)

No idea sister... Really unsure about it. I heard that Rasoolullah (SAW) used to stuff his fingers into his ears when he heard music.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dimez)
Don't get deceived by her hijab man! She threathened to chock-slam me once?! :eek:
Hahaha! and all the people in Debate and Discussion say that the women are oppressed by the violent men! :p: jj
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hahaha! and all the people in Debate and Discussion say that the women are oppressed by the violent men! :p: jj
I told you i was violent :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (76)
44.97%
Pro-humanity (93)
55.03%

Watched Threads