The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
O_o Silent_Star o_O
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
Assalamu Alaikum everyone! Happy happy birhtday to you Gameplayer! May Allah give you many more happy years ahead and all the best! Hope you had a wonderful day!!
thank you inshallah the few remaining hours will be wonderful
O_o Silent_Star o_O
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
salams

happy birthday.....:cake::party::bumps::dancing::hugs:

:birthday::flowers:

thank you
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
Assalamu Alaikum everyone

Saba- Happy Birthday! :birthday: :hugs: May Allah give you a great day to celebrate your birthday
Wa alaikumus Salaam. Sup Sketchy? Hows ur day been?
O_o Silent_Star o_O
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Assalamu Alaikum everyone

Saba- Happy Birthday! :birthday: :hugs: May Allah give you a great day to celebrate your birthday

thanks Munise

ive got to go now

salaams and t/c
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey whats with the avatar sister milli? Ur creative streak showing through is it...? Talking about creativity... Is it permissible to dye ones hair in Islam?
salams brother Rashid,

hmmm about the avatar...i thought the old man looked quite cute. :p:

I read somewhere that you are allowed to dye you're hair any colour other than black since black is 'supposed' to be a very attractive colour.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wa alaikumus Salaam. Sup Sketchy? Hows ur day been?
Alhamdulilah im good Today has been good I finished early from 6th Form, instead of the usual time of 3:30pm, i finished at 2:10pm lol lesson cancelled cos teacher wasn't in :p: how was your day?
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gameplayer_no1)
thanks Munise

ive got to go now

salaams and t/c
Your welcs

W/Salaams and take care
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gameplayer_no1)
thank you inshallah the few remaining hours will be wonderful
Inshallah
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
salams brother Rashid,

hmmm about the avatar...i thought the old man looked quite cute. :p:

I read somewhere that you are allowed to dye you're hair any colour other than black since black is 'supposed' to be a very attractive colour.
Yes i also heard the same thing, wanted to be sure... Also, i heard that you can't dye it black as that symbolises youth. but then what if you're a natural blond or brunette i suppose... I dunno.... Thanks tho,m happy now!
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes i also heard the same thing, wanted to be sure... Also, i heard that you can't dye it black as that symbolises youth. but then what if you're a natural blond or brunette i suppose... I dunno.... Thanks tho,m happy now!

well if someone's a natural brunette then i suppose they're lucky. I'm not 100% sure about the dye thing though. In islam aren't we supposed to be happy of what Allah gave us..rather than change it in order to make ourselves better looking?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Alhamdulilah im good Today has been good I finished early from 6th Form, instead of the usual time of 3:30pm, i finished at 2:10pm lol lesson cancelled cos teacher wasn't in :p: how was your day?
cool, i also finished about half an hour early cos some guys came to meet with my uni lecturer. So that was good! W/salaams Saba!
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
well if someone's a natural brunette then i suppose they're lucky. I'm not 100% sure about the dye thing though. In islam aren't we supposed to be happy of what Allah gave us..rather than change it in order to make ourselves better looking?
Thats the reason why i asked.... I was also thinking that. :confused:
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thats the reason why i asked.... I was also thinking that. :confused:
oh right...we better wait for misfizzy or Abbas to help us with that question. They probably know.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah best wait. I'm not hell bent on doing it, i'd just like to know the Islamic stance. Cos i know some moulana's use henna on their grey beards so i was wondering...
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah best wait. I'm not hell bent on doing it, i'd just like to know the Islamic stance. Cos i know some moulana's use henna on their grey beards so i was wondering...
I'm not sure what henna is....is it when asian women apply henna patterns on their hands and feet? I didn't know you could use henna on beards :confused:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes exactly that. I think henna is made from a root/ is a root so its natural and not artificial. Thats why you can apply it on the beard mayb cos u aint using anything artificial to beautify yourself (i think the orange beard is horrid anyway!!). But i know my mom used to use it on her toes (the dark one like a blackish brown - no orange toes thank goodness!) as its different to nail ppolish in that its not a 'film' so u can take wudhu. So it has lots of uses... All cosmetic i think. Dunno if its used for anything else!
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh okay..sounds interesting. Probably used on hair as well.
azs*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As salaamu alaikum

Insha'Allah everyone is well, haven't been here for ages!!!

I found this for you:

"I know that it is permissible for a woman to use henna to color her hair, but i am wondering if it is okay to use bleach or other hair coloring on womens hair."

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked about that and he said:

If the hair is dyed black, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that when he commanded a man to change his white hair, but to avoid black. He said: “Change this white hair but avoid black.” (See Saheeh Muslim, 5476). A stern warning has also been narrated to the one who does that, namely the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There will be people at the end of time who will dye their hair black like the crops of birds; they will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4212; al-Nasaa’i, 8/138; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8153). This indicates that it is forbidden to change the hair with black dye. With regard to changing it with different colours of dye, the basic principle is that it is permissible, unless it is done in the manner of kaafir women or immoral women, in which case it is forbidden for that reason, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 5/109).

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/121. (www.islam-qa.com)
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Oh okay..sounds interesting. Probably used on hair as well.
Yeah my aunt does it with all the grey hairs on her head.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by azs*)
As salaamu alaikum

Insha'Allah everyone is well, haven't been here for ages!!!

I found this for you:

"I know that it is permissible for a woman to use henna to color her hair, but i am wondering if it is okay to use bleach or other hair coloring on womens hair."

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked about that and he said:

If the hair is dyed black, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that when he commanded a man to change his white hair, but to avoid black. He said: “Change this white hair but avoid black.” (See Saheeh Muslim, 5476). A stern warning has also been narrated to the one who does that, namely the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There will be people at the end of time who will dye their hair black like the crops of birds; they will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4212; al-Nasaa’i, 8/138; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8153). This indicates that it is forbidden to change the hair with black dye. With regard to changing it with different colours of dye, the basic principle is that it is permissible, unless it is done in the manner of kaafir women or immoral women, in which case it is forbidden for that reason, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 5/109).

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/121. (www.islam-qa.com)

Thanks Azs...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1373)
79.55%
Leave (353)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed