Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_Princess)
    I dont think we are talking about the same one
    oh okh, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Affectation)
    Salaams everyone.
    Hope whoever received module results was happy.
    walaykum salam sis

yep inshalah were all happy

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum as Salaam zee and Affectation(Zahra right?)

ReputationRep:
    I am not totally agaisnt listening to arabic music, and i admit i do, but the new stuff thats coming out now, plastic women with islamic names like hayfa etc to me its just scary that this stuff is acceptable
    Most of these women aren't muslims to begin with and the names are more Arabic than islamic.

People (friend tbh) have said that its nothign to do with them, they are just getting entertained, what i dont understand is that what so entertaining about a half naked women made out of plastic?!
    Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    what does hayfa mean?

(Original post by mizfissy815)
    Most of these women aren't muslims to begin with and the names are more Arabic than islamic.

Nothing.

I can't help but feel you are almost telling me off :confused:
    Listening to music isnt haram in Islam, and believe me, these ladies were born in Muslim families, i accept that some of them arnt but the majority are Muslim ladies
    And as i have already said, i do not like watching these videos, i listen to arabic music, and english music, but then again i listen to nasheeds and i listen to the quran
    xxxx

(Original post by rukayah)
    what does hayfa mean?
    Its a name of an arabic singer!

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but feel you are almost telling me off :confused:
    Listening to music isnt haram in Islam, and believe me, these ladies were born in Muslim families, i accept that some of them arnt but the majority are Muslim ladies
    And as i have already said, i do not like watching these videos, i listen to arabic music, and english music, but then again i listen to nasheeds and i listen to the quran
    xxxx
    glad you like nasheeds sis

i luv them

speaking of nasheeds, i alwys listen to them while doing my work

im listening to zain bhika at the monet-give thaks to allah

ReputationRep:
    Its a name of an arabic singer!
    ...It's also the name of one of the largest cities in Israel!
    That's the first thing that came to mind when I first saw "hayfa" in your post lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but feel you are almost telling me off
    xxxx
    No no no...I didn't mean it that way at all! I apologize if it came out that way. :o:
    I suppose...but the majority of the plastic female singers happen to be Lebanese and non-Muslims. The ones that usually come from Muslim families are usually Khaliji or Egyptian and they (usually) look like they are actually wearing something.

As for the music issue…I used to as well. Personally, after doing some major research on the issue I decided that yes it was…and even if isn’t it really isn’t worth the risk. It’s a personal decision and to each his own.

ReputationRep:
    It's also the name of one of the largest cities in Israel!
    That's the first thing that came to mind when I first saw "hayfa" in your post lol
    lol...Me too!

(Original post by mizfissy815)
    No no no...I didn't mean it that way at all! I apologize if it came out that way. :o:
    I suppose...but the majority of the plastic female singers happen to be Lebanese and non-Muslims. The ones that usually come from Muslim families are usually Khaliji or Egyptian and they (usually) look like they are actually wearing something.

As for the music issue…I used to as well. Personally, after doing some major research on the issue I decided that yes it was…and even if isn’t it really isn’t worth the risk. It’s a personal decision and to each his own.

KK just a misunderstanding! I agree with the comment on the lebonese woman, although alot are muslims, the egytions or khaliji woman, they dont exactly dress appropriatly!

ReputationRep:
    whys hafya an unislamic name?

ReputationRep:
    KK just a misunderstanding! I agree with the comment on the lebonese woman, although alot are muslims, the egytions or khaliji woman, they dont exactly dress appropriatly!
    Unfortunetly...Then there are young pre-teen girls who grow up thinking its OK to dress and act that way. If they don't, they're considered to be the outcasts and 'uncool' ones.

(Original post by rukayah)
    whys hafya an unislamic name?
    its an islamic name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    alahmdulilah sis

how about you/
    Alhumdulilah i am good!

ReputationRep:
    o sorry i just read it wrong i thought u said it was an unislamic name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azs*)
    Alhumdulilah i am good!
    thats good

ReputationRep:
    sis ruks, 10 more posts before i reach 800

(Original post by rahmara)
    thats good
    I am soo nervous about tomorrow, wallahi, I feel sick! I dunno what to do, my mums like "calm down" ohhhhhh

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.