The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Asalaamu Alaikum everyone! How’s everyone doing?

Ok…This is what I know and heard/learned…So plz don’t take this for an attack of any sort.

Abortion-
This is only permissible if you have a valid reason for it. For example- if the pregnancy affects the mother’s health in anyway. But to refuse to have children with the excuse that you can not afford to provide for them, that I heard was haraam. You never know how much blessing that child can bring you.
There is also a certain time in which you can abort a child and I heard that is during the first 4 months as that is when the soul will be blown into the foetus.

Children & contraception-
Pretty much the same thing…you don’t have the right to say, I’m going to have 2 kids and that’s it or I’m not going to have any children’ without a legitimate reason. You are, however, allowed to say that you’re going to take a break before having another child, or finish your studies before having children.

Adoption-
All I know is that you cannot give the adopted child your name (the father’s) nor is he/she subjected to the same rules and regulations of that of your ‘real’ children. By that I mean, that for example, your son’s wife (daughter in law) is Islamically your mahram. However, if it were your adoptive son’s wife than she isn’t and she would have to cover up in your presence. (assuming you’re the boy’s adoptive father). I think…
Furthermore, there is the issue of mahram. I’m not sure but any child you may adopt may not be your or your husband’s mahram…unless you breast-feed the child of course.

And Allah knows best.

I’ll try to find some link on this issue.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
is anyone here?

sister princes,, milli, sc, hira, sabah, ruk...anyone?
Oh i see... It's like a feminist foundation huh? I see i'm not missed! haha... So how is the highness doing today?

Salaams to all btw!
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Here are some link from Islam Q&A-

Abortion-
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=42321&dgn=4

Children-
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=32479&dgn=4

Adoption-
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=10010&dgn=4
mizfissy815
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wa Alaikum as Salaam Rashid!
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
Oh i see... It's like a feminist foundation huh? I see i'm not missed! haha... So how is the highness doing today?

Salaams to all btw!

walaykum salam

im sorry about that, hope you forgive me.

hignheness Monwara is doing very well today alhamdulilah

thank you for asking little prince rashid
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
salams mizfissy

ill be back later on

need to go and pray maghrib
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams sisters and brothers

Adoption...no problem with it whatsoever.

And kids. I love kids! So no problem with them either. :p:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So is there any topic of discussion up for tonight besides abortion and adoption? Wat do you think of Michael Jackson becoming muslim? Is it true? Wat about Will Smith?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Salaams sisters and brothers

Adoption...no problem with it whatsoever.

And kids. I love kids! So no problem with them either. :p:
Salaams Milli, how are you? I also love kids... Actually i love babies!
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams Milli, how are you? I also love kids... Actually i love babies!
Yeah lol...babies are so cute...they all look the same to me. :p:

I'm fine alhamdulillah and yourself?
hiky
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey
Thank you soo much for the link habibti
I wasnt asking about abortion, i dont agree with it and i feel it is wrong
But take me for example, i dont want kids, i may wish to get married, but i dont want to marry a guy who only marries me for kids. If i do get married, i am thinking of possibly adopting later, is that okay, or do i need to have kids?
And about micheal Jackson, if he converts he will be joining the cult of NofI which i feel strongly about, all i can say is inshallah he converts to main streem islam and no clan or cult.
Secondly Will smith isnt a muslim, of yet, i personally htink he wont convert, but insahlalh i am wrong
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Yeah lol...babies are so cute...they all look the same to me. :p:

I'm fine alhamdulillah and yourself?
I'm good Alhamdulillah... Lols @ the babies comment! I think many look very different! I like kids when they're smaller tho... Not babies but not kids yet, like around 1/2/3/4...
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by TSR_Princess)
Hey
Thank you soo much for the link habibti
I wasnt asking about abortion, i dont agree with it and i feel it is wrong
But take me for example, i dont want kids, i may wish to get married, but i dont want to marry a guy who only marries me for kids. If i do get married, i am thinking of possibly adopting later, is that okay, or do i need to have kids?
And about micheal Jackson, if he converts he will be joining the cult of NofI which i feel strongly about, all i can say is inshallah he converts to main streem islam and no clan or cult.
Secondly Will smith isnt a muslim, of yet, i personally htink he wont convert, but insahlalh i am wrong
Hey TSR_Princess

I don't really believe men marry women only for that reason. I mean, is it really right to tell you're future husband that you dont want children just because you think thats the 'only' reason why he married you. It's most likely that someone would marry only for love, right? What other reason could there be? Other than it being forced marriage.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm good Alhamdulillah... Lols @ the babies comment! I think many look very different! I like kids when they're smaller tho... Not babies but not kids yet, like around 1/2/3/4...
Oh i don't really mind...as long as they are cute age doesn't matter :p:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Hey TSR_Princess

I don't really believe men marry women only for that reason. I mean, is it really right to tell you're future husband that you dont want children just because you think thats the 'only' reason why he married you. It's most likely that someone would marry only for love, right? What other reason could there be? Other than it being forced marriage.
Money could be a reason...? Although it's improbable, but i know it can happen...
hiky
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Hey TSR_Princess

i dont know if you read my other post regrding marriage, My family are planing to go to Libya, intentioanlly to get me married, i have the choice who, but they dont really want me marrying anyone else of a different nationality, which i personally feel is just total narrowmindedness
at the end of the day, i dont want to let my parents down, they dont deserve it, but then again i dont want to marry someone just to please them
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Money could be a reason...? Although it's improbable, but i know it can happen...
possible. But then who would sink that low?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Oh i don't really mind...as long as they are cute age doesn't matter :p:
Haha yes true true... We're still talking about 'babies' right ^o) lol, no offense just kidding. So anyone know about MJ becoming a muslim?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
possible. But then who would sink that low?
My aunt meh... :mad: But i dont know that for sure. Just a theory.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by TSR_Princess)
i dont know if you read my other post regrding marriage, My family are planing to go to Libya, intentioanlly to get me married, i have the choice who, but they dont really want me marrying anyone else of a different nationality, which i personally feel is just total narrowmindedness
at the end of the day, i dont want to let my parents down, they dont deserve it, but then again i dont want to marry someone just to please them
Agree with that being narrowminded (mine might do the same) and agree with wanting to please them.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed