Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Milli)
    I agree..i've known many people who had a love marriage without the interaction.
    Thank you Rashid and Milli for replying
    I am agree with love interaction thing, but how do you define "interactioN!
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_Princess)
    Thank you Rashid and Milli for replying
    I am agree with love interaction thing, but how do you define "interactioN!
    xxxx
    I primarily meant without the pre-marital relationship ie dating, which is commonly practiced in these societies.

ReputationRep:
    I think with dating...you cannot say it's completely wrong.

In my opinion, it's okay to go somewhere as long as you bring people along with you...someone like you're brother, father, cousin, mum......they shouldn't be left alone. This applies to the male as well.

(Original post by Milli)

In my opinion, it's okay to go somewhere as long as you bring people along with you...someone like you're brother, father, cousin, mum......they shouldn't be left alone. This applies to the male as well.
    Personally I dont think its very okay unless the couple have the intention of getting married. Come to think about it, that probably what you meant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_Princess)
    Personally I dont think its very okay unless the couple have the intention of getting married. Come to think about it, that probably what you meant
    yeah, ONLY if they have the intention of getting married. Just to know each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)

Yeah i'd say thats fine, as long as someone comes along. By dating in my post i meant like the modern version where only the two people go out. With/without the intention to get married. That is wrong Islamically. I think that what you posted above is fine, and is basically how my parents did it. Oh and they had the intention to get married, they only met through the proposal.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Allaikum brothers and sisters

how are you?

and about the latest topic i have found a hadith, which i dont no help a lot but i think it does

raise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds. May the peace and blessing of Allah be showered upon the Prophet Muhammad, his family, companions, and those who follow them with sincerity.

Yes, dating is a sin. According to the Reliance of the Traveler, a classical text on Islamic jurisprudence, it is absolutely unlawful for a man to be alone with a woman who is not his wife or a member of his unmarriageable kin (maharim). There is also the hadith of the Prophet, peace be upon him, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman, the Devil makes a third." (Tirmidhi)

This prohibition on dating or being alone with a member of the opposite sex is based on the principle that what leads to the unlawful is in itself unlawful. Thus, if you are in a situation where you are alone with a member of the opposite sex and you obviously have some romantic interest in each other, it will only be a matter of time before you are tempted to disobey Allah by becoming intimate, i.e., fornicating. This is a grave sin. Therefore, to protect yourself from falling into such a sin, you shouldn’t be in a situation where you are tempted. Dating is one such situation.

Why expose yourself and this other person to this kind of sin? Think about the consequences for yourself, your friend, and your families. What if a child results from this relationship? I am not exaggerating when I say this. One only has to look around at the popular culture to note the heartbreak and illegitimate children that are a result of illicit relationships. These relationships start somewhere and that somewhere is often what seems like an innocent, casual date.

Please protect your deen and stop dating. If you want Allah’s pleasure and your own peace of mind, then seek the company of the opposite sex by halal means: preparing yourself spiritually and emotionally for marriage to a suitable spouse. Ask Allah’s forgiveness and seek His help in doing what is right. Pray to Allah to send you someone who will benefit you. And involve your family. Their love and guidance are crucial in this process.

And Allah alone gives success.

And Allah knows best.

(Original post by liverpool)
    Assalamu Allaikum brothers and sisters

how are you?

and about the latest topic i have found a hadith, which i dont no help a lot but i think it does

raise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds. May the peace and blessing of Allah be showered upon the Prophet Muhammad, his family, companions, and those who follow them with sincerity.

Yes, dating is a sin. According to the Reliance of the Traveler, a classical text on Islamic jurisprudence, it is absolutely unlawful for a man to be alone with a woman who is not his wife or a member of his unmarriageable kin (maharim). There is also the hadith of the Prophet, peace be upon him, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman, the Devil makes a third." (Tirmidhi)

This prohibition on dating or being alone with a member of the opposite sex is based on the principle that what leads to the unlawful is in itself unlawful. Thus, if you are in a situation where you are alone with a member of the opposite sex and you obviously have some romantic interest in each other, it will only be a matter of time before you are tempted to disobey Allah by becoming intimate, i.e., fornicating. This is a grave sin. Therefore, to protect yourself from falling into such a sin, you shouldn’t be in a situation where you are tempted. Dating is one such situation.

Why expose yourself and this other person to this kind of sin? Think about the consequences for yourself, your friend, and your families. What if a child results from this relationship? I am not exaggerating when I say this. One only has to look around at the popular culture to note the heartbreak and illegitimate children that are a result of illicit relationships. These relationships start somewhere and that somewhere is often what seems like an innocent, casual date.

Please protect your deen and stop dating. If you want Allah’s pleasure and your own peace of mind, then seek the company of the opposite sex by halal means: preparing yourself spiritually and emotionally for marriage to a suitable spouse. Ask Allah’s forgiveness and seek His help in doing what is right. Pray to Allah to send you someone who will benefit you. And involve your family. Their love and guidance are crucial in this process.

And Allah alone gives success.

And Allah knows best.
    Thank you for that, it was very useful

Next Topic when anyone is on!
    Is donating your organs Haram in Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

ReputationRep:
    Salaam

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone

Just recieved this and wanted to share it with you all!!

There was a professor of philosophy who was a deeply committed atheist.

His primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester attempting to prove that God couldn't exist.

His students were always afraid to argue with him because of his impeccable logic.
    For twenty years, he had taught this class and no one had ever had the courage to go against him. Sure, some had argued in class at times, but no one had ever really gone against him because of his reputation.
    At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his class of 300 students, "If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!"
    In twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going to do next. He would say, "Because anyone who believes in God is a fool. If God existed, he could stop this piece of chalk from hitting the ground and breaking. Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet He can't do it." And every year, he would drop the chalk onto the tile floor of the classroom and it would shatter into a hundred pieces. All of the students would do nothing but stop and stare.
    Most of the students thought that God couldn't exist.
    Certainly, a number of Christians had slipped through, but for 20 years, they had been too afraid to stand up.
    Well, a few years ago there was a freshman who happened to
    enroll. He was a muslim, and had heard the stories about his professor. He was required to take the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for three months that semester, he prayed every morning that he would have the courage to stand up no matter what the professor said, or what the class thought. Nothing they said could ever shatter his faith...he hoped. Finally, the day came. The professor said, "If there is
    anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!" The
    professor and the class of 300 people looked at him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the classroom. The
    professor shouted, "You FOOL!!! If God existed, he would keep this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground!" He proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out of his fingers, off his shirt cuff, onto the pleat of his pants, down his leg, and off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken. The professor's jaw dropped as he stared at the chalk. He looked up at the young man, and then ran out of the lecture hall. The young man who had stood, proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared his faith in Islam for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened as he told of Allah's love for them and to be the followers Of our beloved prophet Mohammed (saw).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone

Just recieved this and wanted to share it with you all!!
    Is that a true account?

ReputationRep:
    Mashallah enlightening story but it seemed somewhat too flattering to be given any credence.

ReputationRep:
    Salaams SC, Milli and Zee! How are all you muslim sisters doing today? I had an eventful evening to say the least!! SC, that was a pretty beautiful story!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

SC: that was a really nice story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Hey everyone

SC: that was a really nice story
    Salaams sister, hows things going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    Salaams sister, hows things going?
    It's going good...I'm happy that I started basketball practise today and yourself?

That story was beautiful!
    Organ donation, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    It's going good...I'm happy that I started basketball practise today and yourself?
    I'm good! I went to watch the Sri Lanka vs Pakistan match but then it was abandoned cos of rain.

Hey since many people have slated our greeting with salaams i just thought i'd post this: It's one of the only actions where a sunnat is more highly rewarded than the related fardh act. Example, if i say salaams it is sunnat but the person i say it to must reply ie it is fardh for them to reply. So the person who greetes first will get more thawab (for a sunnat act) and the person who replies the greeting gets less (for a fardh act).

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.