hmmm, not quite lol :p: :rolleyes:
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Abbas6)
...I'm here lol.
So what's it like living in Colombo? You lived in Botswana for quite a bit too right? You seem quite well travelled bro!
Fairly, never been to America though. Well, it's fairly hectic here! Which is good and bad. Bad = traffic and constant hustle and bustle of the city. Good = Happening place with a thriving rock scene and entertainment is mondo cheap! Basically cost of living is pretty cheap! So even going out for dinner and stuff is affordable... which is great for a student!

Like to go and watch the SL vs Pakistan cricket match i payed something like 50 rupees (cheapest tickets) which is about 25 pence! :eek:

Botswana on the other hand is much more laid back, but it's developing quite well! Too bad for AIDS though... That and the way they take it is a damn shame!
Poison Ivy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams
Hello what's happening here?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
Salaams
Hello what's happening here?
Salaams! Whats up PI? U havent been with us for a while... not much is going on. How've you been? Care to suggest a topic for discussion?
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey yes I've been kind of busy and Yes! I have a topic but I really need people to be open minded as much as possible k?

P.s how are you? not chatted to you have I?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey yes I've been kind of busy and Yes! I have a topic but I really need people to be open minded as much as possible k?

P.s how are you? not chatted to you have I?
I'm about as liberal as it gets so go ahead...
Yeah, havent chatted to you much, i think i once answered your quessy about a quote you were troubled with... Not sure if it was u tho. So, the topic.... (I'm already interested! )...
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol ok it's about homosexuality. I'm quite open minded about it I see it as it's their life, their business, I won't preach or hate them or anything as long as they appreciate what I believe and for who I am I'll not interfere in their personal lives. The problem is I got ****ged for it by a lot of fellow muslims and I think that we know that they will get punished in the hereafter/judgement day. Only Allah decides what to do to them not us....am I wrong to believe this? Because I'd rather not cause any trouble or "muddy the water" between anyone whatever their sexuality or beliefs.

Also I met a gay person who is/was muslim, I don't say anything to him because it may make him want to rebel more I just simply pray for him and others because I think I need to improve my faith as I'm not perfect and that comes first before I go "preaching" to others but for some reason it's really bugging me deep down I don't know if it's because he's "muslim" that's stopping me if he weren't I wouldn't bother as I know so many homosexual people and I don't bother with them just pray that they will follow the right path. Do you know what I mean?
hiky
Report 12 years ago
Lol ok it's about homosexuality. I'm quite open minded about it I see it as it's their life, their business, I won't preach or hate them or anything as long as they appreciate what I believe and for who I am I'll not interfere in their personal lives. The problem is I got ****ged for it by a lot of fellow muslims and I think that we know that they will get punished in there hereafter/judgement day. Only Allah decides what to do to them not us....am I wrong to believe this? Because I'd rather not cause any trouble or "muddy the water" between anyone whatever their sexuality or beliefs.

Also I met a gay person who is/was muslim also I don't say anything to him because it may make him want to rebel more I just simply pray for him and others because I think I need to improve my faith as I'm not perfect and that comes first before I go "preaching" to others but for some reason it's really bugging me deep down I don't know if it's because he's "muslim" that's stopping me if he weren't I wouldn't bother as I know so many homosexual people and I don't bother with them just pray that they will follow the right path. Do you know what I mean?
Salam PI
I agree with everything you have written. I feel no one is in no postion to judge except Allah
xxxx
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol ok it's about homosexuality. I'm quite open minded about it I see it as it's their life, their business, I won't preach or hate them or anything as long as they appreciate what I believe and for who I am I'll not interfere in their personal lives. The problem is I got ****ged for it by a lot of fellow muslims and I think that we know that they will get punished in there hereafter/judgement day. Only Allah decides what to do to them not us....am I wrong to believe this? Because I'd rather not cause any trouble or "muddy the water" between anyone whatever their sexuality or beliefs.

Also I met a gay person who is/was muslim also I don't say anything to him because it may make him want to rebel more I just simply pray for him and others because I think I need to improve my faith as I'm not perfect and that comes first before I go "preaching" to others but for some reason it's really bugging me deep down I don't know if it's because he's "muslim" that's stopping me if he weren't I wouldn't bother as I know so many homosexual people and I don't bother with them just pray that they will follow the right path. Do you know what I mean?

Yeah i know what you mean. As muslims we must respect humankind, with all their flaws and corrupt ideologies, even if we don't accept them because this, to me, is the true meaning of peaceful co-existance. Being able to live and cope with the differences of others. Which you seem to have gotten pretty well! So all the others who are homophobic and against someone for this are in Islam quite wrong. Unless i am very much mistaken.

Edit: Yes, only Allah can judge, which is why the overall respect for all 'beings' including plants and animals alike is mandated Islam.

That being said, there is nothing that says you have to be perfect to preach, although i hate it when people have double standards. So i suppose some kind advice wouldn't be too bad but perhaps deal with it first with alot of tact. Show him/her kindness in the face of the blind cruelty that (s)he may encounter from the rest of the people. Gain their trust till they knwo that your advice is pure and you're doing it for the right reasons, and in their best interests. Then perhaps your advice will lead to more success.
The thing is these are sensitive issues and some people who go to preach do it straight out and say it's wrong but to the other party it isn't so it will fall on deaf ears. As Morpheus from The Matrix said: We can only show you the door, it is you (your choice) who has to walk through it. Which is what you should do, while allowing that person to make their own decision.

Islamically, i'm not sure if it is mandated to preach, but if he is a non-muslim then it should anyways be done in the kindest manner. See my sig for quote. Hope this helps!
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Phew I'm glad I'm not alone in the way I think because for someone who covers their head I get stereotyped so easily and if I say hey look at what you're doing first before you judge others they kinda don't chat to me anymore...I hardly got any muslim friends because they get too judgemental for me to put up with.

Anyway the reason I'm not saying anything is that he knows what's right and wrong he knows about Islam but sadly he's been led astray and all I do now is pray for him whenever I can pray that one day he gets back on the right path because he such a good friend etc. I think this is the best option but deep deep down I want to have a go at him (in the nicest possible way obviously!) but I can't all I ahve to be is patient.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by TSR_Princess)
Salam PI
I agree with everything you have written. I feel no one is in no postion to judge except Allah
xxxx
Salaams princess! How you been? Hows the wknd going? Nice eye in the avatar btw... Is it your eye?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Phew I'm glad I'm not alone in the way I think because for someone who covers their head I get stereotyped so easily and if I say hey look at what you're doing first before you judge others they kinda don't chat to me anymore...I hardly got any muslim friends because they get too judgemental for me to put up with.

Anyway the reason I'm not saying anything is that he knows what's right and wrong he knows about Islam but sadly he's been led astray and all I do now is pray for him whenever I can pray that one day he gets back on the right path because he such a good friend etc. I think this is the best option but deep deep down I want to have a go at him (in the nicest possible way obviously!) but I can't all I ahve to be is patient.
Ameen!
hiky
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
Salaams princess! How you been? Hows the wknd going? Nice eye in the avatar btw... Is it your eye?
Salam Rashid,
How are you, inshallah everyone is fine
thank you for comment about my avatar, yeaa its me!
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
salams everyone

how are you all?

:hugs:

XXX
hiky
Report 12 years ago
Salam Rahmara!
How are you?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salam Rashid,
How are you, inshallah everyone is fine
thank you for comment about my avatar, yeaa its me!
Yeah it's really nice! I'm also fine thanks... not doing much. What you upto?
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
brother rashid...

is that you in your avatar?
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salam Rahmara!
How are you?
walaykumm salam sis

:hugs:

alhamduililah im well

how are you?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
brother rashid...

is that you in your avatar?
Yes it is now. With the hair in my eyes. The previous one was of Jimi Hendrix!

Salaams btw... How are you?

Edit: Anyone know why the pic is so small though?
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
right everybody

time for magjhrib prayers in london

im going to go

ill be back inshallah

salams
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (60)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.47%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise