Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol, you can call me Munise like everyone else
    InshAllah Muslims will understand that there is no innovation with celebrating Prophet (pbuh) birthday as we are honouring him by taking part in a mawlid. This surely cannot be bid'dah. Nevertheless, we are all Muslims alhamdulilah

I have to go, Salaams and take care everyone :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santa_banta)
    thanks SketchyCanvas for your post too... it really gives a strong case against anyone who thinks the Prophets birthday shouldnt be celebrated!i love it!
    JazakAllah, heres the full website if you want to read it http://www.sunnah.org/publication/en...tml/mawlid.htm

ReputationRep:
    AssalamuALlaikum brothers and sisters

inshallah you are all good

the reason why some people dont celbrate this day/month is because the prophet died in the same month. so its like saying your celebrating his birth AND death. i myself will NOT celebrate this day/month however some people wll and theirs nothing i no YET of which says its wrong as i have little knoledge in this.

everybody take care, and start revising!!

WsalamuAlaikum

ReputationRep:
    As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Insha'Allah everyone is well

I agree with Brother Dimez and think it is incorrect to celebrate the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

If celebrating the Prophet’s birthday was prescribed, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have told his ummah of that, because he is the most sincere of people and there is no Prophet after him who could explain anything he did not speak about. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the Seal of the Prophets and he explained to the people what he had to explain of the truth, such as loving him and following his sharee’ah, sending blessings and salaams upon him and other rights of his that are explained in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. He did not tell his ummah that celebrating the day of his birth was something prescribed so that they would do that. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do that during his lifetime and his companions (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who were the dearest of people to him and the most knowledgeable of his rights did not celebrate that day, neither did the Rightly-Guided Caliphs or any others. Then those who followed them in truth of the best three generations did not celebrate this day either.

Source: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=70317&dgn=4

Other relevant answers: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=13810&dgn=4

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=1196&dgn=4

Wa alaikum asalaam

ReputationRep:
    Muslims shouldn't celebrate Prophet Muhummad (SAW)'s birthday. It is an act of bid'ah, and it should not be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice cube)
    Muslims shouldn't celebrate Prophet Muhummad (SAW)'s birthday. It is an act of bid'ah, and it should not be done

why?

I find it absolutely difficult to understand how someone could live this important day without celebrating it. I'm sure most of the members here celebrate their own birthday. What makes you so important?

When i say 'celebrate' i'm not saying we should sing 'happy birthday to you.' We should read more about the prophet's sunnah and life...and celebrate the birth of islam.

ReputationRep:

Ditto!

ReputationRep:
    Salaam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    why?
    read azs* 's post above mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santa_banta)
    no i am NOT gravely mistaken! i agree wid milli. she is 100% correct... WE DO CELEBRATE the Prophets birthday! it is celebrated in a way that facts about the Prophets life (and how we can draw lessons from it) are told, the miracles in the Prophets life are told, the incidents of the wars are told.....
    there were atleast 4 very big and respected Aalims at the place where i went. they each gave a half an hour speech!!!!
    how can you say that i am gravely mistaken??!!!!! people all over the world go to mosques, feed as many people as they can and pray on this day!!!!!!! your telling me that everyone in the whole world is worng?! im not signifying celebrations that include lights, or wearing new clothes, or going to each others houses (like Eid)...
    how can we not celebrate the 'birth' of Islam?! how can we not celebrate the birth of the Prophet?! i have lived in kuwait, ksa, pakistan, london and (right now) am living in dubai. EVERYWHERE i have ALWAYS witnessed people mark this day! or 'celebrate' it! SPECIAL PROGRAMS are aired on ALL ISLAMIC channels on this day! we are advised to FAST!!!!!!!
    would we be advised to fast if this day were not to be celebrated?! i dont think so!
    the rest is up to you. if u STILL believe that this day shouldnt be celebrated, so be it. but i would like everyone else to know: sunnis DO celebrate the birth of the Prophet. sunnis ALL OVER THE WORLD! any one who thinks otherwise, please provide ample proof and share it with us...
    (P.S: i live in dubai, U.A.E, STRICTLY an Islamic country, and this day is declared a HOLIDAY to mark its IMPORTANCE! all neighbouring countries, including pakistan, india, SAUDI ARABIA mark this day as a day of celebration! its a public HOLIDAY! im really shocked that people dont believe in celebrating this day....WHY NOT?!)
    What proof have you provided? All you merely said was "this country and that country celebrate his birthday thus all Sunnis celebrate it".

I don't know whether it's me being dense or not, but that isn't proof.

I've provided my 'proofs' in the few posts I made preceding this one, all you've done is rant on with your sporadic use of caps lock.

-----------
    Liverpool, you make a valid point. Records show that the Prophet (PBUH) left this world on the same date/month as his birth. Why should we celebrate his demise also? The Prophet's (PBUH) death brought sadness and calamity upon his closest kin and companions, and what are we to do? Celebrate? Nay, that'd be absurd.

May Allah guide us all.

ReputationRep:
    read azs* 's post above mine
    i want to know what you've got to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Doesn't the Shari'ah say that muslims should seize the opportunity in blessed days and do good deeds. We should celebrate the prophets birthday so as to thank Allah for guiding us to Islam through Prophet Muhammad.
    We thank Allah by trying to lead our lives everyday the way the Prophet (SAW) lived, as well as the rest of our obligations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    i want to know what you've got to say
    in all honesty, I am not some expert of islam, however I have been brought up to believe that we should not celebrate the Prophet Muhummad (SAW's) birthday. I have been told by parents, imams, friends etc. It is an act of Bid'ah because many muslims celebrate in hope of reward, while failing to know that is not written in the quran / sunnah that we should do this. We celebrate 2 things as muslims and that is Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha

ReputationRep:
    salam everyone!

ReputationRep:
    One of the best way i think for muslims to celebrate b.day of our beloved prophet that everyday we practice according to his preaching. Thats how we will please Allah and everyday will get us closer to our destiny-JANNAT. Inshallah

ReputationRep:
    why is every body fighting? has satan corrupted out thoughts and our mind so much that we fight on the Prophets birthday? those who celebrate this day, let them celebrate... those who do not, well and good! has the seed of disent among muslims been planted so deep that we are going for each others throats?! guys, please! stop fighting! i can already see people taking sides.... we are ALL Muslims! this supposed to be an Islamin society. just go a few pages back and read all the posts... the pages are filled with argument!
    brother dimez, i mean no disrespect. i even mentioned that i am not trying to force you to accept my side of the story! please, everyone calm down! we should be ashamed of our selves.. im ashamed of my self the most... i let anger get the best of me... remember anger is Haram
    w/salam driving seat! odd name!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driving_seat)
    One of the best way i think for muslims to celebrate b.day of our beloved prophet that everyday we practice according to his preaching. Thats how we will please Allah and everyday will get us closer to our destiny-JANNAT. Inshallah
    thank you driving seat! finally! some one has sense enough!
    (who ever didnt hear of uncommon common sense should see our blogs :P no offence to anyone! please! im your brother! a fellow muslim! dont attack me :p: )

ReputationRep:
    This nick keeps me in the driving seat... hehehe

ReputationRep:
    so wat do u do banta?

ReputationRep:
    Assalamoalakum!

How are we all?

This revision is taking over!!!

Sana

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.