This discussion is closed.
The Green Manalishi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rukayah)
salaam n welcome back bro!
Thanks Rukayah! Wa Alaikumus Salaam btw... And Salaams to everyone else! How is everyone??
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
welcome back brother rashid!
remember me :P
lol! i see u had a very good umrah!
rukayah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anyone know whether all hadiths from al-bukhari and muslim are saheeh? or are some of them daeef? and how do u know whether theyr daeef or not
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can anyone tell me if it is ok to read the Quran wearing shoes?
iv been told by a number of people that its wrong.
an example is reading the Quran in, say a bus (while wearing shoes)
is that ryt?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anyone know whether all hadiths from al-bukhari and muslim are saheeh? or are some of them daeef? and how do u know whether theyr daeef or not
the only hadith we can be sure is right are from Sahih Muslim, and Sahih Bukhari. i dont noe about the rest.
Sahihs are the most correct books available in Hadith. all Hadith in them have been verified PROPERLY.
what i mean to say is, even if a hadith some one knew was partly correct, it was not put into this book.
we were taught about how stern the authors were in putting the hadith in thier books. if you want i can post a few chapters here.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by santa_banta)
can anyone tell me if it is ok to read the Quran wearing shoes?
iv been told by a number of people that its wrong.
an example is reading the Quran in, say a bus (while wearing shoes)
is that ryt?
Surely there's nothing wrong with it? I've never heard of this before... I can't think of a problem with wearing shoes and reading Qur'an. Of course i remember you btw... Hey Ayaz, are you from Dubai? So are you of Arabian origin? Or are you just living there...?
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh ok thx

(Original post by santa_banta)
the only hadith we can be sure is right are from Sahih Muslim, and Sahih Bukhari. i dont noe about the rest.
Sahihs are the most correct books available in Hadith. all Hadith in them have been verified PROPERLY.
what i mean to say is, even if a hadith some one knew was partly correct, it was not put into this book.
we were taught about how stern the authors were in putting the hadith in thier books. if you want i can post a few chapters here.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey guys, please could you start calling me Abdur-Rashid. Thing is, Ar-Rashid is one of the 99 names of Allah and some people say i shouldn't use it and should use Abdur-Rashid, whereas some people (like the ones my parents checked with before naming me) think that it's perfectly fine.

So i'd prefer Abdur-Rashid and the certainty of it being fine, than Rashid and the probability of it being wrong. Thanks. AR for short is always ok too :p:
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does any1 know why camel meat breaks wudoo?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does any1 know why camel meat breaks wudoo?
Where did this come from? I'm a shafi mazhab follower and it doesn't break our wudhu. I never learnt about it breaking wudhu in Deeniyaat classes anyway... Give us a source so i can read a bit please. Thanks!
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
about the camel meat:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=7103&dgn=4
O_o Silent_Star o_O
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
Hey guys, please could you start calling me Abdur-Rashid. Thing is, Ar-Rashid is one of the 99 names of Allah and some people say i shouldn't use it and should use Abdur-Rashid, whereas some people (like the ones my parents checked with before naming me) think that it's perfectly fine.

So i'd prefer Abdur-Rashid and the certainty of it being fine, than Rashid and the probability of it being wrong. Thanks. AR for short is always ok too :p:
Salaams Brother Abdur Rashid

i didn't know it was wrong to use one of the 99 names of Allah because i know a muslim called Aqib and thats one of the 99 names of Allah i think it is anyway :confused:

btw happy birthday AR (sorry its kinda late)
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gameplayer_no1)
Salaams Brother Abdur Rashid

i didn't know it was wrong to use one of the 99 names of Allah because i know a muslim called Aqib and thats one of the 99 names of Allah i think it is anyway :confused:

btw happy birthday AR (sorry its kinda late)
Ah thanks Sabah, well I'm really unsure about the issue, but would rather be safe than sorry. Either way, the Abdur bit is pretty dashing imo :p: haha!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! Got something i really wanted in Madinah that day!

Good on u for hating Coldplay too! Well said, can't stand em! :ninja:
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks alot Rahmara, you really know how to make someone feel welcome!
haha

yep very much so
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
haha

yep very much so
Salaams Rahmara, how are you doing?
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams Rahmara, how are you doing?
walaykum salam bro

alhamdulilah im well

how about yourself?
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Surely there's nothing wrong with it? I've never heard of this before... I can't think of a problem with wearing shoes and reading Qur'an. Of course i remember you btw... Hey Ayaz, are you from Dubai? So are you of Arabian origin? Or are you just living there...?
no im not of arab origin, although i do have an arab nationality (my grandad moved here 40 years back)
your right when you say that we should call you Abudr-Rashid.
my cousins name is Hannan, and we have been told to call hm Abul-Hannan for the same reason!
are you sure about the shoes? coz im really confused... help me out someone!
oh yeh! camels meat DOES break your wudu. ill tell you why exactly later.
take care of your self! and oh yeh! u remember me!
lol!
Allah Hafiz!
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
TSR sure is full of muslims..
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I come from a muslim family as well..How many members do this society have?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Haha, one week of Umrah doesn't mean i'd forget u! Well, my example for the not being able to read Qur'an with shoes means how does someone who is debating in congregation at a secularised arena quote or read Qiraat then? Prime example being the Jamal Badawi talk i attended. The opening person who read the Qiraat was in suit and trousers and all.

I'm alright Rahmara, just adjusting to time difference lols!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (698)
80.51%
Leave (169)
19.49%

Watched Threads