Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    really? I put 3 teaspoons of sugar in my tea :p:

Salams Abdur Rashid

I'm glad you had a great time.

woah thats loads, i dont know how you can taste the tea when you put sugar in it, all you can taste is the sugar

ReputationRep:
    wow, its been ages since i have posted in here........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santa_banta)
    hey sister munise! :itsme:
    Inshallah you are doing well!
    :juggle:
    Salaams brother Ayaz

I'm good alhamdulilah, at the moment... very sleepyy :sleep: just came back from an Islamic Relief Concert was amazing mashAllah
    InshAllah you are well,
    Allah Hafiz
    Sister Munise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driving_seat)
    Salamz everyone! and waleikum as salam sis Munise.

My name is Sulaiman Dawood,from Pakistan.

W/Salaams,

MashAllah beautiful name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    today is THE EVEINING OF INSPRIATION ate the royal albert hall,

i know sister munise is going :rolleyes:

anyone else???
    Salaams sister Rahmara

I just came back: was amazing! And i managed to take some pictures for you But.. must warn you, that they are not so good :s: because the seats were very restricting view from the stage So took some pictures of Sami Yusuf from the huge TV screen that was near me :p: InshAllah will post them soon.

InshAllah you well,

Munise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    Salaams, good to be back, although i must say that i definitely miss the peace and sanctity of the Haram, Makkah and Madinah in general. Yeah it was fine, not much of a crowd except on Nabi (SAW) it was much more crowded with people doing tawaafs.
    Yeah, got to kiss the black stone [special story about something here, but will wait for sister Milli to come on to post it :p: ] started my Umrah tawaaf by touching it yay! Yeah touched everything, Maqaam Ibrahim, Yemeni corner and all.

Not too bad, just make sabr and wait. I'm pretty large aswell so i could just like throw my weight and stand against the crowds pushing! It's so peaceful that you don't even feel angry at anyone or anything, i'd love to live there one day...

Agree with anaesthesia, when any of my family go under, i'm always like really really terrified! I like read everything i know at such times!

^^ Like when i went on that blessed rollercoaster in Gold Reef City, Jo'burg! :p:
    MashAllah!! May Allah accept your Umrah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    really? I put 3 teaspoons of sugar in my tea :p:

Salams Abdur Rashid

I'm glad you had a great time.

:ditto: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    wow, its been ages since i have posted in here........
    Salaams :wavey: how you been?

ReputationRep:
    Heres the pics

First: the view from where i was sitting
    Second: thats the restricted view of the stage :hmpf: Native Deen
    Third: Zain Bhikha on the huge tv screen :p:
    and the last two is ... and this one is for you Rahmara.. Sami Yusuf but on the tv screen lol

MashAllah they raised £100,000 for charity!! One muslim sister gave £10,000 :eek: MashAllah!!!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Salamz Rashid Bro,

I see that ur Umrah was pretty good. How did u feel when u got to interact muslims from around the world in a sacred place. Please Share some experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driving_seat)
    Salamz Rashid Bro,

I see that ur Umrah was pretty good. How did u feel when u got to interact muslims from around the world in a sacred place. Please Share some experiences.
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    Well, there's one guy especially whom i got to know pretty well. He was a Sudanese brother (It'd been a while since i'd seen people of African origin so i was thrilled! ) and we got on well and had some cool chats. He engraved a ring i bought with Kalima and we got chatting from there. One thing i love about Makkah is the way u can greet with Salaams and everyone greets back cos you're sure they're muslim and they're all very humble (unlike a ...... (trying to give up swearing) that i met in Jeddah Duty Free).

Also, since anything you do in/ around the Haram is multiplied 10000 times then people show such trust. Like at namaaz times they leave their shops open and go to the masjid. So anyone can steal anything but no one does. In fact, on my birthday i was in Madinah and saw a great huge pair of boots which i'd been looking for, so when i bought it i asked for a receipt, the sales guy was like "No receipt, in Saudi no receipt, we trust"..! :eek: :cool:

So yeah it was awesome! Another thing i loved about it was the unity of the place, in the Haram you would see all kinds of ethnicities and all, it was so cool!

Only problem i had was the language. Although i did learn that 'Yella' is something like Get Out or Go Away hehe... That's what they would shout to the women when Iqaamat goes. :p:
    Oh and that one fellow in the Jeddah Duty Free, that was like a un-fitting end to a wonderful experience... On the whole it was great though!

EDIT:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    That’s what I heard…but I’m not quite sure. They are many, I mean many people here named Rashid, Rahman…and almost all them are muslims and I haven’t heard anyone make a fuss of it just yet, so I’m gonna guess and say it’s ok.
    I figure i'll write to a Mufti on this and ask his opinion also... But i know where you're coming from. Incidentally on the Saudi Airlines flight u know the on-board duty free, well they had this set of stories called "The World of Rashid" for kids which i was thinking of getting for my bro... And they have a "Port Rashid" in Dubai i think (Ayaz - help me out here, it's your time to shine bro :p:) So that's why i thought all this time that it would be alright. I was just wondering about the 'controversy' around. And if it was 100% right then there wouldn't be a controversy. So i shall consult the Mufti and get back to you. *Watch this space*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Salaams brother Ayaz

I'm good alhamdulilah, at the moment... very sleepyy :sleep: just came back from an Islamic Relief Concert was amazing mashAllah
    InshAllah you are well,
    Allah Hafiz
    Sister Munise
    Salam sis!
    the pictures tell me you had fun!
    any news? im so sick of bio ryt now...

ReputationRep:
    Yo ayaz wats up mate? Salaams to you. Hows things in Dubai? So where are you originally from then? And when did u move to Dubai?

I loved that place, but then i preferred Malaysia. U ever been to Malaysia?

ReputationRep:
    - The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who, when the time for a prescribed prayer comes, he does wudoo’ properly, has the proper attitude of khushoo’, and bows properly, but it will be an expiation for all his previous sins, so long as they were not major sins (kabeerah). And this is the case for life” (Reported by Muslim, 1/206, no. 7/4/2)

ReputationRep:
    Hello Rashid. No you didn't scare me away....We had a power cut. Yes i am an atheist now...dont think thats falls in the category of being converted though..

ReputationRep:
    hi nuheen. just wondering out of interest why you 'converted'?

ReputationRep:
    Well I believe that religion has been made for people, not vice versa. It is system to keep poeple on the path of good. I have no objections till that point, but what I dislike about religions is the presence of gods whom you have to worship. I do find it ridiculous (Sorry if anyones offended, it is just my view)

Oh rashid, yes i live in bangladesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    Hello Rashid. No you didn't scare me away....We had a power cut. Yes i am an atheist now...dont think thats falls in the category of being converted though..
    Lol @ power cut, i love when that happens during lectures and we get most of the afternoon off. Hate when it happens at home cos it's so blinking hot and humid!

"Converted" - for the lack of a better word :p:

So what's Bangladesh like? I used to have a Bangladesh-y friend in my IB class, really smart girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    Well I believe that religion has been made for people, not vice versa. It is system to keep poeple on the path of good. I have no objections till that point, but what I dislike about religions is the presence of gods whom you have to worship. I do find it ridiculous (Sorry if anyones offended, it is just my view)

Oh rashid, yes i live in bangladesh.
    No it's fine, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Conversely, i fail to see how things could come into play this way without a God or Supreme Being. For example, many scientists argue that they cannot prove God and are happy with this although they have theories that explain everything else... These theories are in fact, just theories/ models that help to explain things better. Are you a very science orientated person?

So i don't see how some random collisions and such chaos can result in the cohesion or order of the world today unless there was something controlling it all ie God. That's just my view also.

EDIT: In case you were wondering, i am very much into science especially atomic and nuclear physics. Except once my physics teacher told me something quite potent in nature. He said "The only thing we are certain about now, is that everything we know is wrong. And that they are just models that serve to explain events better". Something along those lines.

Also, i'm discussing this from a perspective which may not echo your own. So u may not believe in a God through something other than science, i just thought to use it to better explain my view of why i believe in God. I'm off to spend some of my birthday money (YAY! ), enjoy everyone!

ReputationRep:
    asalaamu alaikum, about the reading Quran while wearing shoes thing, i just read this:

Praying wearing shoes

13- It is permissible to pray barefoot, or to pray wearing shoes.

14- It is better to pray sometimes barefoot and sometimes wearing shoes, according to what is easy; one should not make it difficult to put shoes on or to take them off in order to pray If a person is barefoot, he should pray barefoot and if he is wearing shoes then he should pray wearing shoes, except when there is a reason not to do so.

thats from:
    http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=13340&dgn=4 so if ur allowed to pray wearing shoes, u must be allowed to read Quran wearing shoes

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.