Report 12 years ago
(Original post by santa_banta)
Salam sis!
the pictures tell me you had fun!
any news? im so sick of bio ryt now...
W/Salaams Ayaz!
Yeah it was amazing mashAllah
How are you?
Haven't been on TSR for a while, been busy with work.
InshAllah you are well,
Sister Munise.
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Assalamu Alaikum everyone
driving_seat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rashid: Seems thar ur imrah was full of thrill and fun plus it was an ajr(reward) for u. So do u plan to go there again?
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
salaam bros and sisters.. i have a q- does any1 know if shias slap their thighs at the end of their prayers instead of saying salaams? and if they think that aisha is a prostitute? (sorry if saying that upsets anyone but i didn't know how else to word it)
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ws, i'm good thanks, my days been ok how was urs?

(Original post by driving_seat)
Assalam-o-Aleikum sis rukayah,
How has ur day been?
liverpool
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rukayah)
salaam bros and sisters.. i have a q- does any1 know if shias slap their thighs at the end of their prayers instead of saying salaams? and if they think that aisha is a prostitute? (sorry if saying that upsets anyone but i didn't know how else to word it)

AsslamAllaikum brothers and sisters

insahallah you are all good

about the topic above, i think we should leave it as it led to quite a AGRESSIVE debate earlier on. i have my views on this topic and others have theirs.

i can however say one thing , the way they ( shia) pray is completely different to our ways, if your sunni that is. im not 100% sure how it is done but they say differnet things during prayer.

would not want to comment on 2nd question. i had done ealrier in this theread if you want to search, but led to arguments.

ok gtg and pray isha.

everyone take care

WsalamAllaikum
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
W/Salaams Ayaz!
Yeah it was amazing mashAllah
How are you?
Haven't been on TSR for a while, been busy with work.
InshAllah you are well,
Sister Munise.
Sister munise! Salam!
iv been too buzy with revision..
dont think ill be on for a couple of months.
spending way too much time on TSR.
take care of yourself! and best of luck for your exams!
Inshallah ull do very well! my prayers with you!
Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaam
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't believe it...Someone neg-repped me from this soc just because I said Salaam?! :mad: Ridiculous...
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha AR ur a 'metal head *****' r u? luigis hilarious
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
um what? :confused:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rukayah)
haha AR ur a 'metal head *****' r u? luigis hilarious
(S)he's a right foolish bugger... Either way i was just playing along haha! Oi and u can't call me that. :p:

Salaams Hira, i just +repped u! Dunno why someone would neg rep for that. How much was that neg rep worth?
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
(S)he's a right foolish bugger... Either way i was just playing along haha! Oi and u can't call me that. :p:

Salaams Hira, i just +repped u! Dunno why someone would neg rep for that. How much was that neg rep worth?
W/salaam & thanks alot for the rep bro
I dont know...:confused: I dont care about its worth...It's just that the whole idea was ridiculous
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Neo~)
W/salaam & thanks alot for the rep bro
I dont know...:confused: I dont care about its worth...It's just that the whole idea was ridiculous
True that, the idea is mad! :eek:
O_o Silent_Star o_O
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaams everyone :wavey:

i met up with a friend of mine a few nights back. shes muslim but she live pretty far from me so we don't see each other that much

anyway we were talking and we got onto the subject of reading the Quran. She said shes reading it in the english translation. I asked her had she read it through in arabic and she replied by saying she had but it was some time back.

She then went on to say that she den't remember how to read arabic anymore :eek: and she explained because of the pressure from school and exams that she's forgot most of it :eek:

at this point i was kinda shocked she said that it doesn't matter what language she reads it in becuase it doesn't make her any less of a muslim for trying to understand Allahs message in a language she understands. She said that she prefered reading it in english anyway becuase ahe can fully understand the message where as repeating in arabic was useless becuase she didn't understand the arabic at all

I was just wondering is it bad that she's forgotten how to read it in arabic or is it better that she's reading it in english so that she can understand the message :confused:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by driving_seat)
Rashid: Seems thar ur imrah was full of thrill and fun plus it was an ajr(reward) for u. So do u plan to go there again?
Insha Allah whenever i get the chance... I'd recommend it for everyone! It's a really great experience!
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rashid1988)
True that, the idea is mad! :eek:
Ditto
Stranded
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sALAAM everyone BTW
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (16)
19.51%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (35)
42.68%
Nope, not that interesting (31)
37.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise