The Student Room Group
Alhamdulillah i'm fine Saudi... And urself? So tell us a little about yourself then... Are you Saudi arbian or do you live there? Or both? :smile: I was there like 2 weeks ago so thats why im curious lol :smile:

Much better font, green is cool btw... :biggrin:
Reply 12161
aw thx saudi
Reply 12162
green is cool but pink is cooler :p: maybe i should start writing in pink..
rashid1988
Alhamdulillah i'm fine Saudi... And urself? So tell us a little about yourself then... Are you Saudi arbian or do you live there? Or both? :smile: I was there like 2 weeks ago so thats why im curious lol :smile:

Much better font, green is cool btw... :biggrin:

Fine Alhamdulillah . I`m a saudi girl & i live in Taif near Mecca.:smile:

How do you find saudi arabia ??
Do not be sad, because sadness causes you to regret the past, to have misgivings concerning the future, and to make you waste away your present.
Do not be sad, because it causes the heart to contract, the face to frown, the spirit to weaken and the hope to vanish.
Do not be sad, because the sadness pleases you enemy, anger your friend and makes the jealous rejoice.
Do not be sad, because by being sad, you are complaining against the divine decree and showing vexation at what is written for you.
Do not be sad, because grief cannot return to you the one that is lost or is gone away. It cannot resurrect the dead; it cannot change fate and bring any benefit whatsoever.
Do not be sad because sadness is often from the devil is a kind of hopelessness.

- ‘Don’t be sad’ (La Tahzan) for ‘Aaidh ibn Abdullah al Qarni

Assalaamu Alaikum everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to share that bit with you. I recommend everyone to buy the book...it's amazing.
saudi_ittihadi

Yeah i loved Makkah and Madinah and would like to live there one day... I met one fellow in Jeddah who put me off though :p: Otherwise i had an awesome time!

(La Tahzan)
A great book .
rashid1988
Yeah i loved Makkah and Madinah and would like to live there one day... I met one fellow in Jeddah who put me off though :p: Otherwise i had an awesome time!

:p:
Is it your first visit to Saudi Arabia ?:smile:

&
Where are you from ?
rukayah
green is cool but pink is cooler :p: maybe i should start writing in pink..

No women dislike pink:p:
But
I prefer green since it is the colour of the saudi flag.:smile: :p:

rukayah , Where are you from ??:smile:
saudi_ittihadi
:p:
Is it your first visit to Saudi Arabia ?:smile:

&
Where are you from ?

Yeah it was my first time to Saudi Arabia, but i've been to dubai many times and also to Abu Dhabi. :smile:

I live in Sri Lanka, moved here 5 months ago, i used to live in Botswana for 16 yrs approx.
Reply 12170
:p: i'm from England
Reply 12171
saudi_ittihadi

Assalamu'alaykum

...you're from the glorious city of Taif!? Masha'Allah! :smile:
I'm sure we've all heard the narratives from the times of the Prophet (saws) about his visit to the city of Taif, and about how the inhabitants at first rejected Islam and the Prophet! There is much for us to learn from the conduct of the Prophet, insha'Allah!!

In Taif, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) first met the chiefs and leaders of Thaqif whom he invited to accept Islam. They were, however, rude and discourteous in their treatment of the Prophet (Peace be upon him). Not being content with their insolent reply, they even stirred up some gangs of the town to harass him. These riff-raffs followed the Prophet (Peace be upon him), abusing and crying and throwing stones on him, until he was compelled to take refuge in an orchard. The Prophet (Peace be upon him) consequently had to endure even more obstacles in Ta'if than he had to face in Mecca. These jerks based on either side of the path threw stones at him until his feet were injured and smeared with blood. These oppressions grievously dejected the Prophet (Peace be upon him), whereby being in such a state of depression, a prayer citing his helplessness and pitiable condition and seeking the aid of God spontaneously came through his lips:

"O Allah", said the Prophet, "To Thee I complain of my weakness, resourcelessness and humiliation before the people. Thou art the Most Merciful, the Lord of the weak and my Master. To whom wilt thou confide me? To one estranged, bearing ill will, or, an enemy given power over me? If Thou art not worth on me, I care not, for Thy favor is abundant upon me. I seek refuge in the light of Thy countenance by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world and the next is set right, lest Thy anger should descend upon me or Thy displeasure light upon me. I need only thy pleasure and satisfaction for only Thou enablest me to do good and evade the evil. There is no power and no might save in thee."

The Lord then sent the angel of mountains who sought the Prophet's (Peace be upon him) permission to join together the two hills between which Ta'if was located but the Messenger of God (Peace be upon him) replied, "No, I hope God will bring forth from their loins people who will worship God alone, associating nothing with Him." (Muslim, Kitab-ul-Jihad).

Moved to compassion by the grief of the Prophet (Peace be upon him), 'Utbah and Shayba Ibn Rabi'a sent for 'Addas, one of their young Christian slaves, and told him to take a bunch of grapes on a platter for the Prophet (Peace be upon him) to which the bondman obeyed. While in the Prophet's presence, Addas observed his kind demeanor that compelled him to talk to him and instantly professed his faith in Allah and His Prophet (Peace be upon him). (18)

http://www.islamvision.org/JourneytoTaif.asp
rashid1988
I hope you will visit the kingdom again .:smile: & visit the saudi capital.:smile:

rukayah

Glad to have a British friend .:smile:

Am I the only saudi here??:redface:
Abbas6
Assalamu'alaykum

I'm sure we've all heard the narratives from the times of the Prophet (saws) about his visit to the city of Taif, and about how the inhabitants at first rejected Islam and the Prophet! There is much for us to learn from the conduct of the Prophet, insha'Allah!!

wa alaykum as salam :smile:

They were stupid :frown: :mad:

Abbas6
Where are you from ?
Reply 12174
thx:smile:
Abbas6
Assalamu'alaykum

http://www.islamvision.org/JourneytoTaif.asp

Yes very true, one of the only things that stopped me from shoving my size 12/13 boot and into that cocky Jeddah officials face was thinking... What would Nabi (SAW) do? Then i extended my hand and said sorry if i caused anything... It serves as a pretty good deterrent. :smile:
Asslaamu Alaikum everyone and Welcome Saudi! :smile:

InshAllah you are all well.
Reply 12177
haha how funny, u really dont like that guy do u!
rashid1988
Yes very true, one of the only things that stopped me from shoving my size 12/13 boot and into that cocky Jeddah officials face was thinking... What would Nabi (SAW) do? Then i extended my hand and said sorry if i caused anything... It serves as a pretty good deterrent. :smile:
saudi_ittihadi
No women dislike pink:p:
But
I prefer green since it is the colour of the saudi flag.:smile: :p:

rukayah , Where are you from ??:smile:

hehe :itsme: i dont like pink :p: But i really like the green cos it was our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) favourite colour :smile:
Reply 12179
really? where did u get that from?

Latest