The Student Room Group
Mashallah, the forum is nearing 500 pages!!!!
its come a long way...
Salam everybody!
how is everyone?
Inshallah everyone will be doing fine.
rukayah
actually.. does anyone know what to do if you're 2 top scores are the same? would the rank number be 0.5? and then the next rank after that would it be 2?

Well suppose the top score is awarded a rank of 5 so then you'd have two 5's and no 6. Then you take the number u have (5) and the missing one (6) add em, and divide by the number of tied ranks (2). So you'd get 11/2 = 5.5.

Thats the ranked score. Then find the difference and use the formula....
santa_banta
i dont think so.
the Prophet said: he who does not perform the Hajj in his life time, let him die the death of a Jew.
i personally hav nothing against them...
what EXACTLY do you mean sis rukayah?

Surely this just means that they will go to hell, be cleansed (which is a nice way of saying burning with damnation but im a nice kinda guy :smile:) and then enter paradise. Also, Hajj is only compulsory on those who have the will and are in a position to go.

Secondly, i hardly think this is a precedent for hating them, which is abrogated by nearly every other peaceful verse in the Qur'an. See my sig. Kindly exhoration and hatred/ aversion are pretty much in opposition of each other.
Reply 12283
ok thanks ar.. and 1 more thing- if i get 0.65, is that a strong or weak positive correlation? its quite strong right?
Reply 12284
well what i mean is some people say that they hate all jews cos of the whole isreali palestinian conflict so i was just wondering if anyone agreed with this
santa_banta
i dont think so.
the Prophet said: he who does not perform the Hajj in his life time, let him die the death of a Jew.
i personally hav nothing against them...
what EXACTLY do you mean sis rukayah?
rukayah
ok thanks ar.. and 1 more thing- if i get 0.65, is that a strong or weak positive correlation? its quite strong right?

Nope it's not strong, because the coefficient of variation which is the square of the coefficient of determination is less the 0.5.... ie 0.65 x 0.65 = 0.4225.

This is 42.25% so the change in the independant variable only causes a 42.25% change in the dependant variable which is not much so weak relationship.
Reply 12286
jazakallah
Reply 12287
hm did u know that the j-soc is more active than the isoc at the mo
rukayah

Yep, i was also posting with some of our Jewish friends. No one seems to be on ISOC at this anymore.
Assalaamu Alaikum everyone! I hope you're all do well.

I'm guessing everyone has mocks/exams to prepare for...tis almost May/June! :eek:
:wavey: Salaam
rukayah
can u believe someone gave me a neg rep for sayin 'i like calvin klein limited edition perfumes' ! how stupid and then they put'calvin crap!'

:rolleyes: You got neg repped from this soc?
Wa Alaikum as Salaam Hira. How's things going?
mizfissy815
Wa Alaikum as Salaam Hira. How's things going?

W/salaam Muhiba. Um yeah good considering my mocks are over...
How was your synoptic paper? Your mates were saying that it was uh...:biggrin:
rukayah
btw who gave me tht pos rep a while ago and said'to make up for grasshopper' thnks whoever did tht:smile:

Grasshopper?
W/salaam Muhiba. Um yeah good considering my mocks are over...
How was your synoptic paper? Your mates were saying that it was uh...

T'was a disaster but most of them answered this paper with their tutor...I ,on the other hand, don't take physics tutions, but by the end of this month I'll probably take for everything.
Physics is giving me such a hard time...I'm tempted to drop it, but I've come this far so might as well continue...
I have an exam on Wendesday and my make-up mocks next week...ecckk.
How was your exam?
mizfissy815
Twas a disaster but they most of them answered this paper with their tutor...I ,on the other hand, don't take physics tutions, but by the end of this month I'll probably take for everything.
Physics is giving me such a hard time...I'm tempted to drop it, but I've come this far so might as well continue...

How was your exam?

Physics gave me hell cos one of my teachers for the first year was a bit of a nut! He tried to race through the syllabus and spent most of the time talking about randomn things like nando's, dancing, mighty magnets and paradoxs or opposites to laws. Like how everyone spoke about the speed of light, we wanted to find the speed of darkness and stupid things like that. Then in my 2nd year, i had to learn 2 years worth of physics in like 6 months which sucked. Tuition like 5 sometimes 6 days a week. It was hectic but i had a great physics tutor which was great! Keep at it! You'll only get better! :smile:
mizfissy815
T'was a disaster but most of them answered this paper with their tutor...I ,on the other hand, don't take physics tutions, but by the end of this month I'll probably take for everything.
I have an exam on Wendesday and my make-up mocks next week...ecckk.
How was your exam?

Hehe yeah I could see it :biggrin:
Well, we had chem unit 3b today...it was ok I guess. I never really practiced any past paper before :frown:
I think my chem was good overall. Unit one & 2 were OK. 3B was a bit dodgy & practicals were so so.
As for Bio, unit one & 2 went fine. 3 was moderate but W1 was a disaster! :frown:

Physics was monumentally good. I did some silly mistakes in proving the homogenity of equations, but apart from that it was OK. The practicals on the hand went H.o.r.r.i.b.l.e!
The Green Manalishi
Physics gave me hell cos one of my teachers for the first year was a bit of a nut! He tried to race through the syllabus and spent most of the time talking about randomn things like nando's, dancing, mighty magnets and paradoxs or opposites to laws. Like how everyone spoke about the speed of light, we wanted to find the speed of darkness and stupid things like that. Then in my 2nd year, i had to learn 2 years worth of physics in like 6 months which sucked. Tuition like 5 sometimes 6 days a week. It was hectic but i had a great physics tutor which was great! Keep at it! You'll only get better! :smile:

Hehe nandos :rofl:
Physics gave me hell cos one of my teachers for the first year was a bit of a nut! He tried to race through the syllabus and spent most of the time talking about randomn things like nando's, dancing, mighty magnets and paradoxs or opposites to laws. Like how everyone spoke about the speed of light, we wanted to find the speed of darkness and stupid things like that. Then in my 2nd year, i had to learn 2 years worth of physics in like 6 months which sucked. Tuition like 5 sometimes 6 days a week. It was hectic but i had a great physics tutor which was great! Keep at it! You'll only get better!

One can only hope...:rolleyes:

Hehe yeah I could see it
Well, we had chem unit 3b today...it was ok I guess. I never really practiced any past paper before
I think my chem was good overall. Unit one & 2 were OK. 3B was a bit dodgy & practicals were so so.
As for Bio, unit one & 2 went fine. 3 was moderate but W1 was a disaster!

Physics was monumentally good. I did some silly mistakes in proving the homogenity of equations, but apart from that it was OK. The practicals on the hand went H.o.r.r.i.b.l.e!

Overall you seem to have done well alhadmullilah. That's good. :smile:

Latest