Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    You used to play CS? :eek: I didn't know so many people on here played comp games, we should like start an ISOC clan hehe :p: We can call the team "Mujahideen" hehe!
    Oh yeah! We should! Half life is the best; Cs even better! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    lol @ ISOC clan :p:

Yeah i used to play CS...was very addicted to the game. It came a day when i decided to stop playing...uninstalled it from my pc...threw the game away...and haven't played since.
    Excellent! You're the first girl I know who likes CS!

ReputationRep:
    assalmuakyum all

hope you are well inshalalh

i shall go back to my critical thinking revision soon

ReputationRep:
    LOL! :eek: :eek: Now the real question is why?!?!?!?! :p:

It's a great game though! We used to have these lan thingy's where we'd pitch at one person's house with our computers and play! It was sooo much fun!

Much better playing with real people instead of bots :p:
    I wasn't really paying attention to my studies when i used to play CS :p:

Yeah it is a great game and definitely much better when playing against real people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo~)
    Excellent! You're the first girl I know who likes CS!

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum Salaam everyone! Where'd Milli and Hira disappear to? :p: :hmmmm:

EDIT: Oh sorry i didn't see the above posts. Has anyone found TSR to be running slowly lately? I think there's even a thread in about on that...

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum Salaam everyone! Where'd Milli and Hira disappear to? :p: :hmmmm:

EDIT: Oh sorry i didn't see the above posts. Has anyone found TSR to be running slowly lately? I think there's even a thread in about on that...
    yep

same problem with me too

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Been saying this all day, going to say it here too. Good luck to you Muslim boys and girls taking exams. You'll need it, trust me. Insha Allah may you all do well.

Now how about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshapple)
    Been saying this all day, going to say it here too. Good luck to you Muslim boys and girls taking exams. You'll need it, trust me. Insha Allah may you all do well.

Now how about that.
    brilliant

jazakhalalh bro

hope all is well with you inshalalh

assalmaukyum

ReputationRep:
    I am confused, how can you say its not allowed, like i said before the prophet doesnt just make up rules, they are told to him by Allah swt, How can you say he changed the rule, why would he go against what Allah swt told him to say.
    True...I've already said this previously, the Hadith I've posted basically overwrites those previous ones. The Prophet(saws) did not come up with it by himself, rather with Allah's(swt) guidance as always.

Also it seems to be that sahih bukhari/muslim are quite contradictory as these are hadiths from these books:
    If the Quran has verses that can abrogate others, I’m pretty sure the ahadeeth can.

Hadiths are sayings of the Prophet, Imams his companions and viwes etc. Sahih bukhari is made up of hadiths compiled by the sahaba and narrated by them too.
    If you accept the hadith you posted as authentic than surley mine is too, its from the same book. (sahih muslim)
    I was under the impression that a Hadith is the saying or doing of the Prophet (saws) which is narrated by his companions and passed along. By Imams, I’m guessing you mean the descendents of the Prophet’s (saws) family? This is probably one point we’re not going to agree on, so to each his own and lets move on.

ReputationRep:
    asslamuakyum sis mizfissy

i didnt know you were online

you ok?

ReputationRep:
    "The Verse of Mut'a was revealed in Allah's Book, so we did it at the time of Allah's Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Quran to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But a man (who regarded it illegal) expressed what his own mind suggested."

[ Note: For the above Hadith, the Saudi translator of Sahih al-Bukhari (Muhammad Muhsin Khan) has changed the word "Mut'a" to "Hajj-at-Tamatu". This is while in the Arabic text of the Hadith of al-Bukhari which is beside the English text, the word "Mut'a" has been used alone: ]
    Ok…this is just an opinion of mine and I’m not scholar so plz don’t take my word for it.
    If infact the word Mu’tah was used in the Arabic version of the Hadith, than unless you know exactly what the narrator was talking about you can’t really say whether it’s about Hajj or marriage. So naturally, whoever is going to translate this verse needs to understand where it came from. I’m pretty sure that the translator did his research before claiming that it was referring to Hajj Tama’tu. Furthermore, I don’t think he’s the only translator who came to that conclusion. If this Hadith was translated in Saudi Arabia, I can guarantee you he did his research. Before any Islamic related book is even published in the Kingdom, it has to go through the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowments Call and Guidance and I’m not exaggerating when I say this but they scrutinize every little word and its intended meaning. They don’t take matters like this lightly at all. I have a lot of faith in them when it comes to issues such as this.

As for the other 2 ‘hadiths’, I can’t really comment on them at the moment as I need to do some background reading first. With exams on the way…I’m afraid it might be awhile.

ReputationRep:
    asslamuakyum sis mizfissy

i didnt know you were online

you ok?
    Wa aalikum as Salaam sis! I'm fine alhamdullilah and yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Wa aalikum as Salaam sis! I'm fine alhamdullilah and yourself?
    alahmdualilah good sis

its 22;45pm here

so illl be off now

asslamuakyum sis and take care

:hugs:

btw what time is it in your area?

ReputationRep:
    :hug: Wa alaikum as Salaam and take care too!

Tis pretty late here...2 am! ...Right about bedtime I think. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    Coming back to this debate over nasheeds with instruments, i personally have no opinion on them. It's not my place to judge them, however i'd like to know what the rest think?

There's one other question i'd like to ask, if indeed someone is spreading the word of Islam through these means, does it then suddenly make it permissible? Assuming of course that the general concensus on music with instruments is that it's haraam. What happens if people embrace Islam through this music? I'm not sure about it and i personally hold no opinion on it atm.

Let me make clear once again, i am not criticising nasheeds, before people snap and shout, as that would make me a hypocrite.
    I'm not one to sing along to my heavy metal and criticise anything Islamic as sister Milli said some do, instead i'm just asking for opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to wish everyone good luck and hope you'll have a very prosperous exam season! Insha'Allah you'll achieve your desired grades!

ReputationRep:
    insha'Allah we will have good exams. However, brtoher, spare a few prayers for me and ask God to make me revise- i just can't do it.

Jazakallah hu khair lol.

Wassalaam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    insha'Allah we will have good exams. However, brtoher, spare a few prayers for me and ask God to make me revise- i just can't do it.

Jazakallah hu khair lol.

Wassalaam
    Insha'Allah we will.

Duas going out for all insha'Allah

-Rashid

ReputationRep:
    Insha'Allah brothers Usama and Rashid. I ask the same of you also! I just can't seem to revise alot here... Insha'Allah i hope to do my Business Maths exam this coming weekend and am working through some questions, hopefully it will be alright Insha'Allah.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.