The Student Room Group
Reply 120
can i join also.
sure! welcome Abbassi will formally welcome u by adding ur name :smile:
Hey what up?

Listen i think we need to start to discuss some issues for this islamic society to be interesting...

My first question is " IS WANKING HARAAM?"

All answers and comments are welcome. No body take any offence please i believe in discussion and logical arguments for the betterment of our lives.

allah Hafiz :smile:
Reply 123
prospector60
Hey what up?

Listen i think we need to start to discuss some issues for this islamic society to be interesting...

All answers and comments are welcome. No body take any offence please i believe in discussion and logical arguments for the betterment of our lives.

^^ Straight to the point eh?
Reply 124
salamm all, today i have a new question, i was reading some reply this thread by giordado i thinknot so very sure and he gave some website that he wanted us to read about, actually what they were saying about Islam.
my fellow believers is faith, i ask of you to please go to this site WWW.secuarislam.org and check for this article.THE LAMENT OF A MUSLIM WOMAN. i would like the muslim men to please read this article and see what we women in the islamic society have to say.....i mean this with all earnesty.
i read the article and i tell you that i was in tears...in my country i can say that since we are not an Islamic state we are not governed by should i say these crude laws, yes they are our laws but i must say that they are pretty harsh on the women and that is one thing that the muslim women in these Islamic state go through.
id really love to know what you men have to say and also the women in this chat have to say, im sure that in one way or another you have seen the harsh treatment that may have beffalen another muslim woman.Please read this article and tell me what you think.....even thought there is nothing that we can do about our laws that were written long ago im sure that our men can try and change in some of the crudeness.....well then lets hear what the others have to say.
Reply 125
Misinterpretation leads to Extremism

Extremism leads to Suffering

Suffering leads to negative image of religion

And that's whats happening nowadayz

Root of all evil? Misinterpretation of the Quran
Reply 126
is this related to what i have just asked or thisis just a word of advice???just asking!!!!!
Reply 127
mkenani
is this related to what i have just asked or thisis just a word of advice???just asking!!!!!

can't be bothered to read the link you posted, but i know what's gonna be written anyway.

And yeah, it's written as a reply to your topic.
Reply 128
mkenani
salamm all, today i have a new question, i was reading some reply this thread by giordado i thinknot so very sure and he gave some website that he wanted us to read about, actually what they were saying about Islam.
my fellow believers is faith, i ask of you to please go to this site WWW.secuarislam.org and check for this article.THE LAMENT OF A MUSLIM WOMAN. i would like the muslim men to please read this article and see what we women in the islamic society have to say.....i mean this with all earnesty.
i read the article and i tell you that i was in tears...in my country i can say that since we are not an Islamic state we are not governed by should i say these crude laws, yes they are our laws but i must say that they are pretty harsh on the women and that is one thing that the muslim women in these Islamic state go through.
id really love to know what you men have to say and also the women in this chat have to say, im sure that in one way or another you have seen the harsh treatment that may have beffalen another muslim woman.Please read this article and tell me what you think.....even thought there is nothing that we can do about our laws that were written long ago im sure that our men can try and change in some of the crudeness.....well then lets hear what the others have to say.

I cannot view the page for some reason!! :confused:
Add me to the list :smile:
sqa7
^^ Straight to the point eh?

yeh, bloody shame no1 replied :confused:
prospector60
yeh, bloody shame no1 replied :confused:

ya it is
prospector60
Hey what up?

Islam strictly forbids the waste of seminal fluid through masturbation. The
one who discharges his seminal fluid with his hand is damned. This evil
practice removes the normal bright look of a man's face, and he looks
melancholy and dejected. He loses his health and quite frequently his
vitality and sexual stamina through this disgusting practice.

The Qur'aan declares: "The Believers are those who abstain from sex except
with those joined to them in marriage bond, or those whom their righht hand
possess for (in their case) they are free from blame, but those who crave
something beyond that are transgressors."

Beyond the wife and slave woman all ways and means of sexual satisfaction
are unlawful. They include adultery, sodomy, masturbation, etc. From this it
can be deduced that masturbation falls under the context 'but those who
crave ...' and is therefore immoral and a sin in Islam. Views expressed by
the Shafi'i jurists on this matter are clearly illustrated by Imam Nawawi
whose opinion is typical of the Shafi'i Jurists as a whole. He declared that
masturbation was absolutely forbidden. It was only permitted when it was
performed by the hand of a man's wife or concubine, for he has a right to
the enjoyment of her hand as he has to the rest of her body."

The author of Subul al Salam according to al-Juzairi, states: "Some of the
Hanbali and Hanafi Jurists are of the opinion that masturbation may be
permissible in the event that one fears (that is, not engaging in it) would
lead to his committing adultery, fornication. But be cautious that such a
view is weak and is not to be relied upon."

According to Maliki school of thought masturbation is deduced to be illegal
from the following hadith narrated by 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (Radhiallaahu
Anhu): "We were with the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) while we were
young and had no wealth whatsoever. The Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi
Wasallam) said: "O assembly of youths ; whoever among you possesses the
physical and financial resources to marry, should do so, because it helps
him guard his modesty, and whoever is unable to marry, should fast, as
fasting diminishes his sexual power.'

Therefore, the jurists of this school are of the opinion that if
masturbation was permitted, the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) would
have acknowledged its permissibility because this is much simpler than
fasting. Since the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) did not mention it,
demonstrates that it is prohibited.

From the evidence presented so far, it can be seen that Shari'ah not only
classifies this type of unnatural waste of seminal fluid as illegal, but
also advocated strict measures for its prevention.

source: http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=6483
Reply 133
please can i join this society?
Mathemagician
Islam strictly forbids the waste of seminal fluid through masturbation.................

source: http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=6483

WOW....ooookaaaay...thnx for that very informative piece. No seriously, that was cool may Allah (swt) give u ajar as im sure you have informed alot of muslim guys of the right path :smile:
WELL DONE!!!!
Reply 135
mkenani
my fellow believers is faith, i ask of you to please go to this site WWW.secuarislam.org and check for this article.THE LAMENT OF A MUSLIM WOMAN. i would like the muslim men to please read this article and see what we women in the islamic society have to say.....i mean this with all earnesty...

Dear mkenani,

I’m feeling really tired now… :sleep:
but I’ll have a look at the site you’ve posted tomorrow morning, God-willing.

Take care
Can u plz add me?
Allah Hafiz
Reply 137
mkenani

Thank you for bringing this topic up.
I'd like to say that firstly as Muslims we are not to lie, especially about our religion. Islam has the proof for everything that it teaches. The two sources of guidance and rulings in Islam are the Qur'an and the sayings and narrations of the Prophet Muhammad(known collective as the Hadith, or Ahadith).

There are very many points raised in the article that you refer to. I will attempt to address a few of these points, because many of them are repeated and pop up several times in the article.

Firstly the faith of the author, who undersigns as being Jahanara Begum is very uncharacteristic of a Muslim No Muslim, whatever his/her situation, would utter such words as "Your lack of concern for us is eternal" and "Oh Allah, you have given us one and only one privilege and that is to weep. Please therefore let us weep in peace and leave us alone. “And so forth. I feel this article may have been collaboration between many, but God knows best.

It also seems that the site you have posted is hell-bent on condemning Islam as an outdated and barbaric way of life and presenting a biased and incorrect representation of Islamic teachings.

Anyhow, on to the content of the article.

What an unbearable existence for us to live and survive among co-wives! Innumerable children, unhealthy surroundings, poverty and lack of education have made a mockery of our social lives.

N.b. For many of the points I will refer you to external sites which I feel address the named issues much better and in more depth.

Firstly polygamy. Yes it does exist in Islam, but no that does not mean every Muslim man will have four wives. The Islamic viewpoint on this issue is explained further in Does Polygamy Degrade Womanhood? .

The question arises, why then aren't women allowed more than one husband?
This is not allowed in Islam because Islam has made the man the head of the family and responsible for the livelihood of the family. A second marriage of a Muslim woman would create two heads which would go against the organised family set up that Islam wants to promote. Also important is that a woman having several husbands could create problems and doubts about the parenthood of children.

One should keep in mind that this is not favouring either of the sexes in anyway. The Qur'an gives rights and responsibilities to men and women based on their natural capacities and capabilities. (See Why does Islam not Allow Polyandry?

What a horrible, inhuman and illogical existence we have! Leaving his hundreds of concubines behind, the octogenarian Sheikh from Arabia comes to India to ‘marry’ a Muslim teenager. The news is flashed in all papers but behold, not a single political leader even registers a protest. Not a single mullah or maulvi declares ‘jihad’ or holy war on such goings-on. On the other hand, the mullah presides over these "Muta Marriages" that last for only a short fixed time.

Two points here: slavery and concubines (Please see: Slaves & Concubines : Questions, answers and articles

Secondly Muta marriages or 'temporary marriages". These have no basis whatsoever in Islam and they are a cultural practise of pre-Islamic Arabs. The concept of mutah is "in contradiction to the Qur'anic stress on chastity and loyalty".,which are sadly still practised in some parts of the world by some deviant groups of Muslims.

Innumerable children
what’s wrong with having many children? Does the Bible not say “Go forth and multiply” and Muhammad (pbuh) will be proud of the large community of believers on the Day of Reckoning?
Although I know for a fact in many societies having a large family is very much liked, for reasons other than religious, but that would again be a cultural issue if that is the case, as would be certain societies which dictate that women can't do and shouldn't do much else other than be a housewife!

“The unhealthy surroundings and poverty”
can be blamed on the selfishness and greed of the many leaders in charge of the mainly Muslim countries. Take Saudi Arabia for example where the royal family live in pure luxury, exploiting the country’s vast resources for their own satisfaction, while a large majority of the population are finding it difficult to meet ends, to access basic healthcare facilities, decent schools and so forth.

The
“lack of education”
is not because of Islam. Indeed “seeking knowledge is compulsory for every believer (every man and woman)” is a saying of Muhammad(pbuh). It is certain communities which do not value education much and consider women only housewives and such and so do not educate women. To further emphasize the importance of knowledge there are whole books of Ahadith(sayings of the Prophet) relating to Knowledge and it’s merits. During the time of the Prophet women excelled in knowledge and other fields as much as men did, indeed some women did better than men all together and many people (including men) came to these women to learn from them, for example Aishah, daughter of Abu Bakr(may God be pleased with them).

And then, God forbid, if the miyan or husband gets into the fray, then we get beaten like a beast until we cannot take it anymore. And after the beating, to make it even more degrading, the miyan takes his other wife into the bedroom and shuts the door into our face.

Again such a practise has no basis whatsoever in Islam! Beating one's wife is contrary to a teaching of the Prophet which says: "The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manners and kindest to his wife." [Sunnan of Abu Dawud]

Contrary to popular belief , the Qur’an does not instruct men to beat their wives. Please see "Then Beat Them"? (Your Wives) for a detailed analysis of the verse (Chapter 4, Verse 34) claimed to promote domestic violence.
:eek:
Reply 138
The sword of ‘Talaq’ or divorce could come down on her any moment. The slightest inattention eoulo provoke a divorce. All is in the hands of the Muslim husband. Just the pronouncement of the word ‘Talaq’ three times can move the earth from under the feet of the Muslim wife. The consequence? Cheap labour or prostitution. The little children suffer from lack of mother’s love, a sense of awesome insecurity and an unhealthy environment.

Several points are made in this article about the issues of divorce, re-marriage etc. Their specific rulings are complex. Many of the things said in this article are simply wrong or misinterpretations of rulings governing divorce, remarriage and custody of the children in the case of a divorce. Please see:
- Women's Right to Divorce
- Pronouncing Tripple Talaaq at the Same Time
- Remarriage with one's Ex-wife
- Regarding Some Decisions Consequent upon Divorce
- Divorce and Re-Marriage

Another interesting article is available at:
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=58408

The author points out how a man is not allowed to remarry his divorce wife for a time. This situation can be avoided and is often avoided, because Islam prescribes a 'waiting time' before the divorce is finalised for both parties to reconcile.

In fact if you go to www.understanding-islam.com , you can search for any topic using the search function and find detailed answers to questions and issues people have raised, both Muslims and non-Muslims, and which people continue to raise.

There is also a really good book available on marriage by Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood called "The Muslim Marriage Guide" , which you get a copy of online or from a good local library or Islamic bookshop.

The Islamic soldiers of Pakistan’s Yahya Khan gang-raped hundreds of thousands of women in Bangladesh. More than two hundred thousand women became pregnant. A great number of these women later became insane. Only Mujibur Rahman tried to help a little, but the rest of the Islamic world maintained a complete silence. Khomeini’s Iran is currently killing hundreds of women. Their fault is that they do not support his rule. So, in the name of Islam, these women are being butchered.

Rape is an appauling crime and condemned in Islam, the punishment for a man found guilty of rape can be death in some cases. Many think that the women is automatically sentenced to death, but this is not the case, as rape is not the same as adultery.

As does killing another person without reason warrant the death penalty. Islam is in favour of capital punishment, but Islam is against the merciless, killing of men, women or children. Often like the author has pointed out, people do things in the name of Islam and in the name of religion, as one can see in Iraq for example, as countless foreigners and civilians are executed and murdered. This is far from Islam and my opinion is such people are far from being Muslims aswell, judging by their outward actions.
The Qur'an says:

"..If anyone kills a person for any reason other than for (the killing of) a person or for sowing corruption in the land, it will be as if he had killed the whole of mankind." (5:32)

As the article rightly says there are many communities of Muslim women who lack the security, safety and rights guaranteed by Islam. This is because aspects of pre-Islamic culture and unislamic teachings have been mixed in with religion and some teachings and tenets of Islam have been ignored altogether.

I hope you do not mind the many links I've posted to external sites, but I feel these sites, which are run by very knowledgeable people, can address issues and answer questions alot more comprehensively in light of the teachings of the Qur'an and the Hadith.
I think it is fair to say certain people confuse what they think islam should be whith what it actually is-so to fit islam to their own attitutde they stretch, misrepresent and misinterpretate Islam to fit their needs.

Latest