The Student Room Group
The Green Manalishi
Not sure about whether they practise this, but i also disagree with it completely.

Yes and I think there was some discussion baout this issue some time back? :hmmmm:
:hello:
Neo~
Yes and I think there was some discussion baout this issue some time back? :hmmmm:

Yeah... Myself, Muhiba and Jennah were discussing it. Dimez also added something useful about the Sahaba IIRC.

Salaams Farhan :smile:
justfarhan
:hello:

Salaam
The Green Manalishi
Yeah... Myself, Muhiba and Jennah were discussing it. Dimez also added something useful about the Sahaba IIRC.

Salaams Farhan :smile:

Oh yeah the quetsion raised by Jennah.
I don’t think anyone has the right (a’alim or not) to call someone a kafir, as long as they believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammed is His Messenger.
To call a group of people disbelievers because you don’t agree with their beliefs is a little extreme. I’m sure Shias have their reasons to believe and follow what they do, as does any other Islamic sect, including Sunnis. In the end of the day, it all falls down to faith and belief. Only Allah (swt) knows what lie in the heart of His slaves.
As per my knowledge, Shias believe that the Caliphate should have been passed on to the family of the Prophet (saws) starting with Ali (r.a) not Abu Bakr (r.a).

Personally, I don’t agree with quite few of the Shias ideologies, temporary marriages being one of them, but I don’t regard them as kufaar, as I don’t believe I have the right to.
Reply 14206
Apparently, some Shias hold that the Qur'an is incomplete or something, in that sense, those that hold this errenous belief are kafir since the Qur'an is regarded as the complete word of God.
Really?

In that case, yes, that would be regarded as kufr.

Would anyone like to clarify this?
Reply 14208
mizfissy815
Really?

In that case, yes, that would be regarded as kufr.

Would anyone like to clarify this?

That's what I heard, but it could be a grave misconception. Ask around. :wink:
Will do...but I honestly doubt it.
Reply 14210
The Green Manalishi
Not prophethood, handing down of the caliphate (leadership) should have gone to Ali (RA) instead of Abu Bakr (RA) i think... If someone could back this up i'd appreciate it :smile:

Oh okay..still, could they be called a muslim for thinking that. I also heard that they have different declarations of faith and do not perform sunnah prayers.

Apparantely shia's also add another 10 chapters to the original Quran :confused:
Milli
Oh okay..still, could they be called a muslim for thinking that. I also heard that they have different declarations of faith and do not perform sunnah prayers.

Apparantely shia's also add another 10 chapters to the original Quran :confused:

The Shia shahadah (declaration of faith) states:

"There is no god but Alláh, Muhammad is the Messenger of Alláh, Alí is the Friend of Alláh. The Successor of the Messenger of Alláh And his first Caliph."

If you are already familiar with standard Sunni beliefs, you will immediately notice the addition to the shahadah regarding Imam Ali (ra), cousin of the Prophet (pbuh), husband of his daughter Fatima, father of Hassan and Hussein and the second person ever to embrace Islam. The term Shia or Shi'ite derives from a shortening of Shiat Ali or partisans of Ali.

I googled it and a site showed me this, which is a bit disturbing... I didn't know they had their own Shahadah.
http://www.islamfortoday.com/shia.htm
No idea about the Qur'aanic alteration.

Btw Milli, on our topic of Jinns, i just got confirmation that they can possess a lifeform that is not human. Such as a plant/ animal.
The Green Manalishi
Not prophethood, handing down of the caliphate (leadership) should have gone to Ali (RA) instead of Abu Bakr (RA) i think... If someone could back this up i'd appreciate it :smile:

asslamuakyum all

yep, your right there bro

well all i know is something between these lines,on the death of Uthman, Ali was chosen as the fourth caliph. Despite this, he had to counter several rebellions from Aisha, daughter of Abu Bakr, and from Muawiyya, a cousin of Uthman. The Shi'a came to be identified as those who fought alongside Ali during these rebellions.
rahmara
asslamuakyum all

yep, your right there bro

well all i know is something between these lines,on the death of Uthman, Ali was chosen as the fourth caliph. Despite this, he had to counter several rebellions from Aisha, daughter of Abu Bakr, and from Muawiyya, a cousin of Uthman. The Shi'a came to be identified as those who fought alongside Ali during these rebellions.

Assalamu Alaikum sis :smile:
Yeah that's right, it's explained in the link i gave. Although i don't like to use internet sources for this kinda thing... Propaganda and the like is rife, but that link seems pretty good.
The Green Manalishi
Assalamu Alaikum sis :smile:
Yeah that's right, it's explained in the link i gave. Although i don't like to use internet sources for this kinda thing... Propaganda and the like is rife, but that link seems pretty good.

walaykum salam brother

ok then

jazkahalah bro

yh the first 2 sentences were a bit of a shock

ill be off now

asslamuakyum and take care
Reply 14215
The Green Manalishi
I googled it and a site showed me this, which is a bit disturbing... I didn't know they had their own Shahadah.
http://www.islamfortoday.com/shia.htm
No idea about the Qur'aanic alteration.

Btw Milli, on our topic of Jinns, i just got confirmation that they can possess a lifeform that is not human. Such as a plant/ animal.

Jazakallah brother for the website. I've just been reading it....and i'm suprised that they have their own shahadah.

Jins can possess a plant? lol. I still find it funny...but ah well. When you think about it, thats pretty scary..they could be everywhere :eek:
Milli
Jazakallah brother for the website. I've just been reading it....and i'm suprised that they have their own shahadah.

Jins can possess a plant? lol. I still find it funny...but ah well. When you think about it, thats pretty scary..they could be everywhere :eek:

Indeed they could be, my friend was telling me he thinks there's one in his house cos of strange circumstances like lights randomnly switching off (As in with the switch :p:) And the radio randomnly being turned down soft...

I'm hesitant to believe in such things/ ghosts and stories and all though. I dunno i think people can over-exaggerate such things... :s:
Reply 14217
rahmara
walaykum salam brother

ok then

jazkahalah bro

yh the first 2 sentences were a bit of a shock

ill be off now

asslamuakyum and take care

heey Rahmara,

I've just been looking at your hi5 profile..and checked out your clips of outlandish. I met that group by the way, here in london. It was last year. That song 'Ayesha' is really nice. What type of nasheeds do you listen to?
Reply 14218
The Green Manalishi
Indeed they could be, my friend was telling me he thinks there's one in his house cos of strange circumstances like lights randomnly switching off (As in with the switch :p:) And the radio randomnly being turned down soft...

I'm hesitant to believe in such things/ ghosts and stories and all though. I dunno i think people can over-exaggerate such things... :s:

Yeah same here...but it's interesting to hear about them
Milli
Yeah same here...but it's interesting to hear about them

It is fascinating although sometimes not very funny :p: but fascinating none the less :biggrin:

Latest