Salaams and take care :ciao:
rahmara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
heey Rahmara,

I've just been looking at your hi5 profile..and checked out your clips of outlandish. I met that group by the way, here in london. It was last year. That song 'Ayesha' is really nice. What type of nasheeds do you listen to?
wowwwwwwww

youve met them :cool:

yh that sings really cool, and 'ive seen',gunatanomo, walou

erm, well im into sami yusuf nasheeds, and ahmed bukhaitr, zain bhika, loadz more

didnt know you had hi5 profile sis :confused:
TheWildChild
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ooh ive seen that jin clips you guys are chatting about. i dont think its a jon though...
TheWildChild
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
still scary though i must say. her eyes!
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Mashallah Sketchy thats excellent. You taken up Art in college?
i have and its fab
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
wowwwwwwww

youve met them :cool:

yh that sings really cool, and 'ive seen',gunatanomo, walou

erm, well im into sami yusuf nasheeds, and ahmed bukhaitr, zain bhika, loadz more

didnt know you had hi5 profile sis :confused:
Yeah 'walou' is really nice as well.

Yep, listened to sami yusuf. Did you know he recently got married to a german muslim?

Hi5 profile? No i was on my friends account at her house....just checked out your account since you said you had one
A Y A Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i have and its fab

heeeeeey you
whats up?
i was just reading da-vinci code... awesome book!
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
alo alo alo!
hows everyone!
im hyper!!!!!!!! just finished c3, c4, phy4, phy5 and bio unit 5!!!!
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
alo alo alo!
hows everyone!
im hyper!!!!!!!! just finished c3, c4, phy4, phy5 and bio unit 5!!!!
revision or the exam?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heeeeeey you
whats up?
i was just reading da-vinci code... awesome book!
They banned the movie here in Sri Lanka...

Assalamu Alaikum to all! Anyone got a topic?
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A question i've been wanting to ask.

When a wedding takes place..is it a 'must' that both halls, men and women, have to be seperated. What if the bride is wearing the hijab and the halls aren't seperate? No music...apart from nasheeds. Totally islamic. Is it permissable then? The reason i asked this is because i just attended a wedding...it was mixed but perfectly islamic, as in no dancing. I was wondering whether this was allowed?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
A question i've been wanting to ask.

When a wedding takes place..is it a 'must' that both halls, men and women, have to be seperated. What if the bride is wearing the hijab and the halls aren't seperate? No music...apart from nasheeds. Totally islamic. Is it permissable then? The reason i asked this is because i just attended a wedding...it was mixed but perfectly islamic, as in no dancing. I was wondering whether this was allowed?
I think that now people are beginning to segregate it more... I don't think it's so bad to have it in one hall, if all the hijab rules are adhered to though. Although since half the time it's not, then i suppose the two halls would be better.

Is mixed 'perfectly' Islamic? Which leads to another question i have, if hijab rules are adhered to then is the mixing possible? Like if both lower their gaze and so on and so forth... Just curious as to your opinions.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
umm.. the revision :p:
marriages are not what they used to be.
yes, it is advisable that the men and the women do not mix, and that there be no music, but thats not 'possible' now, if you know what i mean.
you can download the movie Rashid! and if you cant do that, ill send it to you thru mail :p: (ill have to download it first, and then compress it.)
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes, it is advisable that the men and the women do not mix, and that there be no music, but thats not 'possible' now, if you know what i mean.
you can download the movie Rashid! and if you cant do that, ill send it to you thru mail :p: (ill have to download it first, and then compress it.)
Why is that not possible? Music can easily be avoided. They're not too strict on mixing, although it is getting better.

Yeah i might do that to watch it. What do you think of the book so far?
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
I think that now people are beginning to segregate it more... I don't think it's so bad to have it in one hall, if all the hijab rules are adhered to though. Although since half the time it's not, then i suppose the two halls would be better.

Is mixed 'perfectly' Islamic? Which leads to another question i have, if hijab rules are adhered to then is the mixing possible? Like if both lower their gaze and so on and so forth... Just curious as to your opinions.
There is a hadith that states a man and woman cannot be alone, because the Shaitan will be the third party. I agree with that.

However, i think that if a woman is covered, modest and there are several other people, then it is permissible.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
There is a hadith that states a man and woman cannot be alone, because the Shaitan will be the third party. I agree with that.

However, i think that if a woman is covered, modest and there are several other people, then it is permissible.
Yeah ok... Also, they don't have to be next to each other, like you can have male tables and female tables in the same hall. Which would anyway make a pretentious approach extremely difficult
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Yeah 'walou' is really nice as well.

Yep, listened to sami yusuf. Did you know he recently got married to a german muslim?

Hi5 profile? No i was on my friends account at her house....just checked out your account since you said you had one
yep

he got married in april, apparantely shes a gemrna student

did you see my background wallappar sis?
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Yeah ok... Also, they don't have to be next to each other, like you can have male tables and female tables in the same hall. Which would anyway make a pretentious approach extremely difficult
Yes exactly :p: And i'm sure no muslim whether they are female or male..would do that..in such a gathering.
Milli
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep

he got married in april, apparantely shes a gemrna student

did you see my background wallappar sis?
Yep i did. Really nice. You must really like Sami Yusuf? It's full of his pictures..i mean the background
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads