?
Report 12 years ago
i hafta get rahmara a gem fast :p:
mortderire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's a bit harsh isn't it? Teasing someone in another language....especially your teachers.
oops, i thought thats why they're there for
A Y A Z
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol usama!
got the rep?
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yh thanx bro.
now ill think twice before i infuriate someone.lol
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol. ok all!
Allah Hafiz! got loads to study!
will be up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall night....
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmara)
walaykum salam bro

been wuite a long time :rolleyes:

alhamdulilah all is well

how about yourself?

hows the BF2 coming along?
Asalaam alikum everyone and Rahmara!

Yeah been on TSR, but just for couple minutes or so. Too addictive and i end up not getting things done in time......

yeah playing BF2, so fun!

Hope all is well! I am well alhamdullah!
meelas5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Salaam everyone, I wanted 2 ask about polygamy...When I found out it existed in Islam a few years ago I was really shocked...to be honest it seems a little messed up to me and I can't really see the advantages of it (apart from wanting kids if the 1st wife can't have any) but some of the examples I know are just men who have affairs and turn it into a marriage.
Could anyone explain some more about its positive aspects?
Thanks
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
erm well, its not really recommended i believe- if you can't do justice to both then dont marry another one
however, for example if theres a war, and half the men get killed theres no one to marry the women. so one could mary four.

erm polygamy as posed to polyandry is kinda better cos there is no doubt as to who the father is. (obviously we got DNA stuff these days)

erm there are other reasons its allowed but i cant remember em. lol
Milli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by usama-ahmed)
oops, i thought thats why they're there for
lol :rolleyes:
rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
i hafta get rahmara a gem fast :p:
hehe

very kind of you bro

rahmara
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dr_SS_Lecter)
Asalaam alikum everyone and Rahmara!

Yeah been on TSR, but just for couple minutes or so. Too addictive and i end up not getting things done in time......

yeah playing BF2, so fun!

Hope all is well! I am well alhamdullah!
walaykum salams big bro

haha, you too addcitvie???

more like me bro, (siggy) as bro rashid also says

good good bro

FUN :eek: yh, it MUST be :rolleyes:

enjoy the game
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
erm pardon my blatant ignorance, but what is BF2? im guessing it's some sort of computer game, and is it any good?
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Asslaamu Alaikum :hello:

BF2 is BattleFields 2 lol

Why is Allah sometimes spelt as Allaah? :confused:
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
Asslaamu Alaikum :hello:

Why is Allah sometimes spelt as Allaah? :confused:
Phonetically I presume.
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes battlefield 2 and the next expansion pack is Armoured Fury when the MEC and China invade USMC on there home turf! Yeah!
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A Y A Z)
i have a question for everybody:
if a non-Muslim greets you by saying As-Salam alikum, should you reply?
*waits for mizfissy*
Assalamu Alaikum,

Sorry i haven't been on for a while, we had an electricity problem and the power pack for my router blew out... Got it fixed today thankfully!

In regard to your question: I too have heard that we should reply with Wa Alaikum. I think this is because - It's not fact but my personal reasoning - As-Salaam if i'm not mistaken is one of the 99 names of Allah.

Therefore Assalamu Alaikum = May peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.

So Wa Alaikum - Peace and blessings be upon you.

Leaving out the 'of Allah' i.e. 'Salaam' as a non-believer obviously does not believe.
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by meelas5)
Salaam everyone, I wanted 2 ask about polygamy...When I found out it existed in Islam a few years ago I was really shocked...to be honest it seems a little messed up to me and I can't really see the advantages of it (apart from wanting kids if the 1st wife can't have any) but some of the examples I know are just men who have affairs and turn it into a marriage.
Could anyone explain some more about its positive aspects?
Thanks
W/Salaam.
Your question is indeed an interesting one and one that puzzled me for some time as well.
The ruling, i believe, originally arose during times of war. Sometimes men (comrades) would ride into battle together and some would be slain (I don't get to use fantasy style language much so i'm having fun with it haha - ride into battle, be slain... ) leaving behind their widowed wife and children.

In such a case, a comrade or another man is allowed to marry the widow (even if he has a wife i.e. polygamy) in order to provide for the widow and her family.
Hence he helps her, gives her shelter and his protection. This was, i can only assume, customay of friendship during the battles.

Also, polygamy itself is not allowed whereby the man just feels like having another woman. He must provide equally in both love and material possessions and treat both well. Same applies with adoption. Also the wife's (widow) consent is necessary.
Hope this helped
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Milli)
Assalamu'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

I came up with a small topic that we could discuss.

Are women allowed to be rulers in the islamic shariah? I'd like it if everyone contributes to answering this question rather than the usual one or two people.
Not sure really, but it's good to see some Islamic discussion going on, amidst the bengali lessons :p:

I know that a woman cannot lead Salaat when they're mixed prayers. Like she wouldn't be able to lead Salaat in the Haram i don't believe. I don't think because an Imam is a position of authority or a highly learned position (see below) instead i think it's because of the obvious saff arrangement, i.e. men at the front and woman at the back (kids in between as a 'buffer zone' :p:) Therefore the woman would be in plain sight of the male section and all the other subsequent consequences...

An Imam, is someone elected to lead the prayer (Salaat) although it doesn't have to be the most pious, the most learned or respected of the gathering. Hence why they allow boys (obviously baligh and studying hifz/ haafiz course) to lead Tharaweeh Salaat [or at least they did in Botswana]
Also shown by how Fathima (RA), Ayesha (RA) would have assumedly had a greater knowledge of Islam compared to some others but they never lead the Salaat. So no, women cannot lead Salaat as an Imam.

That being said, there was one woman who was permitted to be an Imam by Rasoolullah (SAW). I asked Professor Jamal Badawi personally about this (Since people might doubt this ) and this is what he told me.

I can't remember her name, she was a widow and was permitted to lead Salaat in her house as there was no other male who had the ability to do so.
According to Prof. she was the only one in history allowed to do so, IIRC [This is in response to brother Mortimers post about religious positions]

Women are allowed to teach Qur'an and religious studies though, the equivalent to a Moulana is an Aapa (sp?) generally teaching the female students. Which brings about the point of mixing, i don't think it's a question of authority (as women and men are equal Islamically, but have different roles) rather a question of modesty and such (as mentioned above due to the saff arrangement)
mortderire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not sure really, but it's good to see some Islamic discussion going on, amidst the bengali lessons
lol bro- as far as i can see, only one word has been learnt so far, i dont really care to repeat it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (270)
80.12%
Leave (67)
19.88%

Watched Threads