Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people smoke. ofcours it is bad for health.
    but is it Haram?

ReputationRep:
    oh, and JazakAllah Sis Munise for the rep!!!!!!
    it was SO powerful!

ReputationRep:
    well it's intoxicating isn't it?
    my grandma's got a fridge magnet saying smokers will be punished by pummelling blows

ReputationRep:
    yo mr.usama-bin-laden!
    really?

ReputationRep:
    i do know that it is intoxicating, but, NOT like alcohol...

ReputationRep:
    erm yh she really has got a fridge magnet like that.

erm it makes you light-headed and stuff- not that i've tried: it's from what people have told me lol.

well if its intoxicating its haram isnt it- doesn't have to be on the same level as alcohol.

the name's usama bin faruque
    i dont really mind people calling me bin laden- tall, handsome, rich: what more could you want?

btw has anyone ever tried sniffing glue? pritt-stick smells the best

ReputationRep:
    i did, when i was young (like around 10 :p:)
    didnt please me at all.
    stopped when i found out it was Haram

ReputationRep:
    so everytime a Terrorist is mentioned, Islam is frowned upon.
    what would YOU do to improve the current 'situation'?

ReputationRep:
    any 1?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.... *waits*

ReputationRep:
    i'd go blow them up. serves them right for questioning islam.

no not really.
    educate them is the easy answer.

anyone been watching the news- the damn americans are so cunning: offereing to reopen talks with iran. now it's gonna make it look like iran are in the wrong. america will definitely go to war with Iran.

and what do you guys think of Ahmedinajad?
    i personally like the guy- at least he's calling for shi'a/sunni unity esp. in Iraq.
    and he's straight talking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    I also want to say, i'm really really happy today.

My mums decided to wear the hijab. :proud: Alhamdulillah!
    Assalamu Alaikum, that is fantastic! Really happy for you sis!
    Was there any particular thing that influenced this? Masha'Allah give her my salaams and i'll make du'aa for her! That's great news!

(Original post by A Y A Z)
    a lot of people smoke. ofcours it is bad for health.
    but is it Haram?
    It is completely haraam. It was asked at a Q&A session i attended with Mufti Ismael Menkh. He's very highly qualified and i'll put it to you the way he put it to us.

He said there are two reasons you would ask this, 1.) If you do smoke, and 2.) If you sell and profit from cigarettes.

Then he said, if you look at any cigarette packet the non-believers will tell you that it's bad for you (i.e. the warning on the packet) so why should we tell you any less?

Also, if you walk outside the Haram you'll see a huge board with a cigarette wrapped around a human heart and a Qur'aanic verse. Even if you don't understand the verse you'll get the idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    erm yh she really has got a fridge magnet like that.

erm it makes you light-headed and stuff- not that i've tried: it's from what people have told me lol.

well if its intoxicating its haram isnt it- doesn't have to be on the same level as alcohol.
    Precisely, Ecstacy is intensely stronger than Marijuana, doesn't make Marijuana any more halaal Same reasoning applies :congrats:

Anyway, it's unnecessary killing yourself and burning money away, so even without the intoxication it's still dodgy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Islam = peace (among other things) Practise Islam = practise peace

In most cases at least... :p: I think it's through peace and good dealings, patience and remembrance of Rasoolullah's (SAW) actions that we can hope to make progress Insha'Allah.

Admittedly there are situations where armed struggle are permitted, but primarily peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Assalamu Alaikum, that is fantastic! Really happy for you sis!
    Was there any particular thing that influenced this? Masha'Allah give her my salaams and i'll make du'aa for her! That's great news!
    Jazakallah brother

I don't know really. I think she was fed up with the constant critisisms i was recieving from my family and the amount of pressure they were putting on me to take of my scarf. She just came up to me this morning in a hijab. I've never seen her in one before. To be honest, it felt slightly strange. :p: Also clothes wise, i think she has to change as well. You can't wear the hijab and walk around in jeans, can you? :rolleyes: So i'll be telling her to wear the abayah My dad was suprised :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Jazakallah brother
    You can't wear the hijab and walk around in jeans, can you? :rolleyes: So i'll be telling her to wear the abayah My dad was suprised :eek:
    Tabarakallah fihi Why not? If they're not tight then i don't see anything too wrong with em, she doesn't have to wear an abaya right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Tabarakallah fihi Why not? If they're not tight then i don't see anything too wrong with em, she doesn't have to wear an abaya right?
    Tabarakallah fihi?

Her jeans are tight. She doesn't have to wear the abaya...its her decision. I personally think she'll look very nice in an Abayah...

ReputationRep:
    Salaam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Tabarakallah fihi?

Her jeans are tight. She doesn't have to wear the abaya...its her decision. I personally think she'll look very nice in an Abayah...
    It's the reply to JazakhAllah, not sure what it means exactly *watch this space*

Ah right, that's a bit of a prob then :p: I think lots of people look nice in Abaya, same with alot of guys in Kurta and oriental/ middle eastern clothing Some of the designs are beautiful, got some lovely ones from Makkah

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know who Peter from Christianity is in Islam?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.