Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    I know you don't bro... I was just stating what the mufti said were the 2 reasons for someone to 'sincerely' ask the question, instead of if they were asking out of curiosity (as you were)

oooooooh!
    but i have tried sheesha... (thats a local fruit flavoured pipe.... just once; was sick for weeks!)

ReputationRep:
    my favourite islamic personality has to be.....

Sheikh Yusuf Estes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    ooooo ok bro :confused:

hope you do wel inshalah

apology accepted :p:
    InshaAllah i will and same to you Why'd u put Mary Jane in bold? It's another name for Marijuana... :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey rahmara?
    doing critical thinking again..? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i really do not know many famous 'Islamic' personalities, so dont know what you guys are talking about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    oooooooh!
    but i have tried sheesha... (thats a local fruit flavoured pipe.... just once; was sick for weeks!)
    Wa Alaikum Salaam,
    How come bro? What happened?

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum guys!
    any topics?
    walykumm salam bro

yh, favourite islamic personality

ReputationRep:
    well you see, im allergic to smoke like smoke from a fire and, in particular smoke from burning tobacco (Alhamdullilah!!!)
    so i tried it once, on my farewell, and became really sick!

ReputationRep:
    well you see, im allergic to smoke like smoke from a fire and, in particular smoke from burning tobacco (Alhamdullilah!!!)
    so i tried it once, on my farewell, and became really sick!
    Your not the only one

ReputationRep:
    How do you mean allergic? Are either of you Asthmatic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    How do you mean allergic? Are either of you Asthmatic?
    No its not asthma. I've asked. Its only that when someone smokes near me my eyes get all watery and they start to burn. I start coughing. Its just the common symptoms of smoke irritation.

I'm not sure about Ayaz. If he is suffering from shortness of breath as well as nasal congestion ( when the membranes lining the nose gets swollen from inflamed blood vessels so you have a congested nose) then he must have asthma.

ReputationRep:
    is sheesha allowed? i tried it once, but i won't ever do it again inshallah, cos i promised me mum i wouldn't.

it didnt really have a strong flavour- i was doing two at once

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone

InshAllah everyone is well.

Islamic Personalities? Hmmm... Ahmed Deedat and Hamza Yusuf. I'm also now inspirede by Hassen Rasool as his very multi-talented with his art and his voice, MashAllah. Its made me want to continue my art more
    Ahmed Deedat (may he rest in peace), was a brilliant scholar, and once saw a debate between him and a Priest with the topic: Is Jesus God? (istafullah). You can view the videos also on Google videos And Hamza Yusuf, a American Revert who his lectures are brilliant MashAllah.
    Can i also include my Sheikh? Mawlan Sheikh Nazim Al-Haqqani, my Sultan who guides me on the straight path of Islam Alhamdulilah and one of the most blesssed Sheikhs.
    Hmm, I have too many lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dr. Zakir Naik is also very good speaker IMHO, catch him on Islam Channel sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Assalamu Alaikum everyone

Ahmed Deedat (may he rest in peace), was a brilliant scholar, and once saw a debate between him and a Priest with the topic: Is Jesus God? (istafullah).
    Wa Alaikum Salaam,
    Don't know much about Deedat (RIP) himself, from what i've heard he's supposed to be very aggressive, but Mufti Ismael Menkh is really good, he was the one who conducted Deedat's Janazah Salaat.

(Original post by ashmufc)
    Dr. Zakir Naik is also very good speaker IMHO, catch him on Islam Channel sometimes.
    When SC mentioned a debate with a priest i thought of Dr. Naik who's also very good. Watched him debating Pastor Rookney, who was terrible... I'm sure our very own NathanL would've done better with Christian theology.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu'alaykum

I like maulana Tariq Jameel for his dramatic influence on most famous personalities like Cricketer Saeed Anwar and Singer Junaid Jumshed. Especially his cassettes are worth listening.

But they are in urdu, but go ahead if u understand it.

http://www.maulanatariqjameel.com

On the otherhand I loved Hazrat Omer persoanlity when i read articles and books about him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    No its not asthma. I've asked. Its only that when someone smokes near me my eyes get all watery and they start to burn. I start coughing. Its just the common symptoms of smoke irritation.

I'm not sure about Ayaz. If he is suffering from shortness of breath as well as nasal congestion ( when the membranes lining the nose gets swollen from inflamed blood vessels so you have a congested nose) then he must have asthma.
    ditto! include all of the symptoms DOCTOR milli just pointed out

ReputationRep:
    As-salam alikum everyone!

ReputationRep:
    was just going for Jummah; decided to drop in my hello's.
    i pray for you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum Salaam Ayaz, enjoy the Jummah. Are the lectures in Arabic btw? Or do you Masjid's that give the lecture in English?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.