(Original post by A Y A Z)
    k guys! im off!
    Allah Hafiz!
    me too

thnaks bro

asslamuakyum

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What's the dfference between a jilbab and an abayaa? (spelling?)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    What's the dfference between a jilbab and an abayaa? (spelling?)?
    Nothing to my knowledge. I asked here before and someone said they were the same. Anyone else care to clarrify?

:congrats: to the hijabi sisters! You'll make us proud

ReputationRep:
    A jilbaab is long garment(loose) that covers the entire body. They’re actual clothes that you can wear on day to day bases. An a’baaya on the other hand, is a long cloak-like garments you wear over your normal clothes.
    Both can come in different colours, although a’baayas are usually associated the colour black.
    Not much difference between the two really.

BTW- about that Shia question. I’ve asked my parents and both of them told me not to believe in everything people say. I’ve asked around on the Ali Shias Society, and got rather satisfying reply. Some of those who deny the Quran being the complete word of Allah(swt) might associate themselves with Shias, but apparently it’s a consensus amongst most Shias that they in fact committed kufr.

Assalaamu Alaikum everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

ReputationRep:
    The bad thing about Sami Yusuf is the use of musical instruments which really goes besides the point, but he does release a "percussion" version with no instruments.

My favourtie has to be Zain Bhika

Artists I don't like? I don't hate but not really into is Native Deen, but I do like "Intentions" by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    A jilbaab is long garment(loose) that covers the entire body. They’re actual clothes that you can wear on day to day bases. An a’baaya on the other hand, is a long cloak-like garments you wear over your normal clothes.
    Both can come in different colours, although a’baayas are usually associated the colour black.
    Not much difference between the two really.
    I know people who wear what they call an abaya on an everyday basis and in different colours, but after your post it's probably just a mix-up of terms. Assalamu Alaikum btw... Hope you're well InshaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmufc)
    The bad thing about Sami Yusuf is the use of musical instruments which really goes besides the point, but he does release a "percussion" version with no instruments.
    When you say 'release' is that like with an organisation or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    I mean, would you still go school without the hijab? This is a question to all female members. Lets say hijab in college's and universities were banned in the UK. What will you do?
    If I did live in the UK, I’d most probably home-school and finish my further education outside the country. Lots of people tend to home-school here. I know I probably would go crazy if I only had tuition lessons to attend with almost no social life .However, if I was ever put in such situation, I’d actually have the resolve to hold on to my sanity.

In my case, I don’t really have problem until universities decide to ban the headscarf. Then I might have to finish by further education, in Canada or worst case scenario, the Middle East.

Walaikum as Salaam bro Rashid. I'm fine alhamdulliah and yourself?

ReputationRep:
    If I did live in the UK, I’d most probably home-school and finish my further education outside the country. Lots of people tend to home-school here. I know I probably would go crazy if I only had tuition lessons to attend with almost no social life .However, if I was ever put in such situation, I’d actually have the resolve to hold on to my sanity.

In my case, I don’t really have problem until universities decide to ban the headscarf. Then I might have to finish by further education, in Canada or worst case scenario, the Middle East.

Walaikum as Salaam bro Rashid. I'm fine alhamdulliah and yourself?
    Fine Alhamdulillah. Yeah home-schoolings a good idea in such a situation, i didn't think of that... Where do you primarily want to go to university btw?

ReputationRep:
    yo green guy what are you applygin for by the way?

ReputationRep:
    My favourite nasheed: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...391&q=muhammed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    yo green guy what are you applygin for by the way?
    Erm, i'm applying for LLB Law and doing CIMA (writing exams for first stage) as i finished what people in the UK call college in Nov 2005

I finally understand the difference between college and uni after hearing of 'sixth-form' being called 'college'

BTW, have you guys seen the BEARDY SOC :p:

ReputationRep:
    Fine Alhamdulillah. Yeah home-schoolings a good idea in such a situation, i didn't think of that... Where do you primarily want to go to university btw?
    The UK inshallah...if that student-visa decides to come through...:hmpf:

Dimez- What nasheed is that and who sings it? I have a 56K modem and it'll taek me ages to load.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, have you guys seen the BEARDY SOC
    sutin to do with beards? i've only got some strands of hair protuding from me chin- cant be bothered to shave. malcolmx didnt shave until the age of 21. that is one inspiring guy (not cos of da shaving bit)

ReputationRep:
    Dimez- What nasheed is that and who sings it? I have a 56K modem and it'll taek me ages to load.
    It's Dawud Wharmsby performing in the Global/Peace Unity event. It's a story of the Prophet (PBUH) made into a song, very melodious and soothing indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    sutin to do with beards? i've only got some strands of hair protuding from me chin
    *Pats shoulder and sighs* all in good time, lad. All in good time

that is one inspiring guy (not cos of da shaving bit)
    That way you put that across had me laughing! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    hmm i remember at the global peace and unity event, d.w.ali was only on for a short while whilst they gave others a longer time. they kinda forced him off the stage in the end- he got really cheesed off and flew straight back to damascus where he had specially come over from.

some of me friends had to go and look for him- in his hotel room, everywhere...but he disappeared (now i feel like im telling a ghost story)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    It's Dawud Wharmsby performing in the Global/Peace Unity event. It's a story of the Prophet (PBUH) made into a song, very melodious and soothing indeed.
    If i didn't know what it was about, i would've thought that guy was mad from the first few verses...

But it's really nice, soothing and very nice voice.

Muhiba, it shouldn't take that long with 56k modem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    If i didn't know what it was about, i would've thought that guy was mad from the first few verses...

But it's really nice, soothing and very nice voice.

Muhiba, it shouldn't take that long with 56k modem
    Heh, I'd have to agree! I've only made sense of the song like half way into it!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.