Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Boys names: Abdur-Rahman, Yahya, Idrees (sp?), Ismail, Haroun, Umar amongst others... I thought of those just now, so there's possibly many others.

Girls names: Khadijah :love: and err... not many other i can think of... Nabeela also. Is there a name like Taahira? I have a cousin called Tahiya, is there Taahira?

ReputationRep:
    Inshallah you will do well sis!
    my practicals were pretty good so not to worried about 2mrw's exam!

ReputationRep:
    yep :p: i still havent revised some parts of unit 2 and havent done unit 3 yet :s:
    Good Luck, InshAllah you do brill I've got chemistry on wednesday and havent done any revision in that yet either :s: its also the day i go on Holiday, so straight after my exam im off to the airport lol

ReputationRep:
    yup. there is a name taahira.
    i lyk zeeshan and asif in boys....
    i hope i dont have to use them :p: (only girls remember?)

ReputationRep:
    yh im gonna have to do that to- and my customary du'a before the exam-
    rabbana zalamna anfusana wa inlam taghfirlana watarhmana lanaku nanna minal khasireen.
    O our Lord! we have wronged ourselves- and if Thou dost not forgive us and have mercy on us, we shall surely be of those who are lost!’

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Boys names: Abdur-Rahman, Yahya, Idrees (sp?), Ismail, Haroun, Umar amongst others... I thought of those just now, so there's possibly many others.

Girls names: Khadijah :love: and err... not many other i can think of... Nabeela also. Is there a name like Taahira? I have a cousin called Tahiya, is there Taahira?
    Abdur-Rahman is a beautiful name. I think Taahira is a name :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    by the way brother usama- what does your name mean? terrorist? no im just jokin (no offence meant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthe1)
    yh im gonna have to do that to- and my customary du'a before the exam-
    rabbana zalamna anfusana wa inlam taghfirlana watarhmana lanaku nanna minal khasireen.
    O our Lord! we have wronged ourselves- and if Thou dost not forgive us and have mercy on us, we shall surely be of those who are lost!’
    JazakAllah

ReputationRep:
    erm no (and no offence taken- bin laden really has become my name now)

i believe it means brave as lion
    and whats your name and wots it mean?

ReputationRep:
    well the name's gino
    and the meaning: im not sure what it is

ReputationRep:
    remember guys pray for me and everyone else
    good luck if you've got exams tomorrow- inshallah you'll do well
    wassalaam

ReputationRep:
    hey, bin laden is not half bad.
    hes tall dark handsome (:p:) rich.... usama, youd like that wont you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualikum,

Just a question. It is taught in Sikhism that eating halal meat is prohibited in their religion, anyone know why?

ReputationRep:
    i take back handsome...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    yup. there is a name taahira.
    i lyk zeeshan and asif in boys....
    i hope i dont have to use them :p: (only girls remember?)
    Oh yeah lol... Erm, i'd also strangely like to have a daughter (at least one InshaAllah) for some reason it's just appealing Honestly i wouldn't mind though, be happy enough if Allah blessed me with children of either gender

As you can see I like babies and kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    erm no (and no offence taken- bin laden really has become my name now)

i believe it means brave as lion
    and whats your name and wots it mean?
    I think laith means lion I have a cousin named Laith! :p: He's a small fellow whom i haven't even met yet as this family lives in England... Cool meaning though!

ReputationRep:
    because meat is only made Halal by invoking Allah's name on it.
    plus it is slaughtered by hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    i take back handsome...
    Too late sonny :whip

ReputationRep:
    Children are a blessing, the big main reason why i would like to get married is cos of children :p:

InshAllah we all have that oppotunity to have children and complete half our religion in getting married.

`Whoever has married has completed half of his religion; therefore let him fear Allah in the other half!' (Bayhaqi)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmufc)
    Assalamualikum,

Just a question. It is taught in Sikhism that eating halal meat is prohibited in their religion, anyone know why?
    No idea.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.