Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum:hello:

Taking a break from revision :p: hows everyone?

ReputationRep:
    It's Fajr prayer here, so I have to go pray and do what I’m supposed to be doing at this time...study.
    This is the 2nd all-nighter I'm pulling in 3 days time...

Sorry, but I have to go ...Take care and Salaams.

PS-can you give us the link to your thread?

Are you from the UK?
    Nope! From the Middle east...but don't ask me to narrow it down any further.

ReputationRep:
    W/salaam Munise :hello:

Listen to the link I posted up a few posts ago

Someone posted in that forum who's also on this forum! Who is itt :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu Alaikum

Taking a break from revision hows everyone?
    Assalaamu Alaikum Munise...How are you!
    It's shame ppl show up right when I have to leave.

I hope revison is going well!

Take care all and Assalaamu Alaikum!

ReputationRep:
    W/Salaams Muhiba :ciao: im planning on doing an all-nighter today as well, my exam in 8hours time :p:

Farhan - the radio station doesn't work for me :hmpf: an error message comes up :confused: But the forum looks good! Havent seen it before, are you a member?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Assalaamu Alaikum Munise...How are you!
    It's shame ppl show up right when I have to leave.

I hope revison is going well!

Take care all and Assalaamu Alaikum!
    W/Salaams! Im good Alhmadulilah, haven't talked to you for a while. InshAllah you have been well

Meh :hmpf: revision, well im gonna stay up all night trying to revise all 3 units of biology lol

W/Salaams :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    MF815, Somalia? Lol :p:

Munise, try another link.. Go all the way down on the forum.. And it'll show links for other programs i.e Realplayer, Windows Media Player etc..

Please try it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    MF815, Somalia? Lol :p:

Munise, try another link.. Go all the way down on the forum.. And it'll show links for other programs i.e Realplayer, Windows Media Player etc..

Please try it!

Ooo its working! It sounds like the mawlay you sent me ages ago!

I might join :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    MashAllah its beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah They're playing different tracks of the Burda

The Mawlay one was also of the Burda

The story of the Burda is beautiful! I trust you've read it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Yeah They're playing different tracks of the Burda

The Mawlay one was also of the Burda

The story of the Burda is beautiful! I trust you've read it
    I'm joining lol

Yeah i've read it You sent me the link long ago about the story of the Burda lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I remember now that I sent you that link Was last year! :eek:

I hope this radio is 24 hours! Perfect for when I can't sleep all nightt :five:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: that long?? lol i have a good memory :proud: lol

Good idea :five:

Just joined

ReputationRep:
    What's your username? :p: Post in my thread, I'm trying to find out who that person is who already posted on my thread, they're from TSR too lol

:five:

ReputationRep:
    That guy is very knowledgeable MashAllah. Almost 50% of what I know about Islam and its ethics, I’ve learned from his books and T.V programs (the other 50% comes from my parents). All the Islamic Education books our school uses are written by him.
    MashaAllah he is, he's part of the main site from where i took that Fatwa. We used to watch a program with him in Africa which was great! Then it stopped...

Gonna check out those forums Farhan

Assalamu Alaikum to all...

ReputationRep:
    Milli once asked about leadership for women in Shari'ah. I wrote to a Mufti, here's the reply:
    (Original post by I wrote)
    Assalamu Alaikum,
    One sister was asking about women being leaders in the Shari'ah. Is there any scripture (Qur'an or Hadith) which refers to this? And could you please give your thoughts on the questions. Your help is highly appreciated.

Jazakh'Allah Khair,
    Rashid
    (Original post by He replied)
    Assalaamu alaikum

A female can be a leader (imam) in salat for females only according to the Shafi'es & Hanbalis. However it is not permissible for a female to be a Prime Minister or President. Nabi SAW said: "A nation will not prosper who hands over its affairs to a woman". (Bukhari)

Abdul Kader Hoosen

ReputationRep:
    biology exams for myself and a few other people today- i've made du'a for you all so inshallah we'll be alright. if only Allah had made me realise sooner that i had more revision to do than i thought. then it would have been down to me as well. now i have to put my trust entierly in Allah and hope that he brings this knowledge back.

im gonna get off of here do a bit of tilawat and some unit3 revision.
    take care everyone wassalaam

ReputationRep:
    asslamakyum everyone

hmm, biology exams today

hope everyones fine inshalah

didnt realise i had missed out on a lot yesterday

ReputationRep:

Oh as for names...
    Girls- Muminah, Luluah(Pearl), and my all time favorite Malaak.
    Boys- Yousif, Faris, Mohammed, Ali and Ayub. (the last 3 are the names of my brothers and dad...in no particular order. I like all of them.)

I'd be happy with whatever Allah (swt) bestows upon me, but I would love to have at least one girl and one boy...at least. Inshallah.
    Very nice names

For me it has to be:

Girls: Beyza, Afra, Malaak, Humeyra, Naima, Hawaa, naayela, Feride, Rayhan, Randa.....Luluah is very nice 2 :p:

Boys: Yusuf, Yaqup, Ali Hamza, Sami, Huzaiyfah, Yunus Emre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Milli once asked about leadership for women in Shari'ah. I wrote to a Mufti, here's the reply:
    Jazakallah for that brother. I was thinking along the same lines.

For instance, Ayesha (Prophets wife) was of four persons who transmitted more than two thousand sayings.

It says in a book: As a teacher she had a clear and persuasive manner of speech and her power of oratory has been described in superlative terms by al-Ahnaf who said: "I have heard speeches of Abu Bakr and Umar, Uthman and Ali and the Khulafa up to this day, but I have not heard speech more persuasive and more beautiful from the mouth of any person than from the mouth of Aisha."

Also, we always talk about the Prophets daughter Fatemeh, but only mention merits of her housekeeping and mothering activities and how obedient she was. But we never mention her political activities....how she defended her husband and Islam.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.