The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
phatz00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by anisah)
jus say u want in and u will be added to the list-that goes for anyone who wants to join
Can i join please?
Thanks!
PapeeChumo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by phatz00)
Can i join please?
Thanks!

Sure and Welcome

P.S Abassi I am not taking over!
PapeeChumo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-black-stone-kiss.jpg

"significant" "Islamic" sites :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :toilet:
phatz00
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Assalamualaikum!

I'm an overseas student starting this fall at Kings College London. I was searching for an Islamic Society website, and couldn't find one! I found one for UCL and Imperial and other London uni's ...but none for KCL Does anyone know if it's active etc? Any KCL muslims on this forum?
Abbas6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by anisah)
Sure and Welcome

P.S Abassi I am not taking over!
No of course not, lol! :p:
I think if you were able to edit the Member's List it might've been alot easier when it comes to adding new members! And we have quite a few members now aswell, masha'Allah!

And when it comes to joining, I don't think anyone's been denied membership for whatever reason, so just to reiterate that everyone's welcome if they want to discuss Islam and share their experiences.

Oh, and welcome to all our new members!!!
Abbas6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by phatz00)
Assalamualaikum!

I'm an overseas student starting this fall at Kings College London. I was searching for an Islamic Society website, and couldn't find one! I found one for UCL and Imperial and other London uni's ...but none for KCL Does anyone know if it's active etc? Any KCL muslims on this forum?
I am sure that an active Islamic Society exists at Kings. The society did have a website at: www.jannah.net/kcl , which seems to be down at the moment. You can try asking at the KCL Forum where current and prospective Kings students might be able to help.
phatz00
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks

I've been doing some research about the Muslim community in London and i'm overwhelmed by the quanity of opportunities to learn/events/speakers/conferences daily!!! Do most people generally get involved through their university/college or more through their local masjid? How common are intercollegiate events? Will I get to meet Muslim students from other schools too?

as you can tell, i'm really excited and looking forward to coming to London this fall Inshallah.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd love to join, i am a muslim and i'm kinda busy right now but would like to weigh in on some of the debates here soon.

add my name to the list!
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Asalaam Alkeikum

Hi - I wondered what muslims here think about the RESPECT party. www.respectcoalition.org I believe that we are the only party to commit ourselves to defending muslims, and any other minority, against a racist backlash after 9/11 and assaults on our civil liberties by the government.

I was also wondering, if it would be possible for me to start a RESPECT party in the politics forum, if anyone here would join it?

Thanks- Shukran - Khayli Mamnoon - Teşekkür Ederim - Shukriya
®eAl ©uTe Eye$
Report 13 years ago
Salaam u aliakum,
With regards to your question about islamic society(ISOC) at Kings college london, let me tell you, mashAllah they work really hard to maintain it, while organising many events, An annual event they hold is Islamic awareness week,which i have to say was amazing,MashAllah, they had speakers through out the week, such as yusuf islam(cat stevens), yvonne ridley, Abdur Raheem Green, Usama Hassan and a panel held by muslim reverts, Other events involve barbeques n football for brothers, picnics n boat rides for sisters,
I cant remember the website address but try at kclsu.org thats the student union website for KCL.
Hope that helpes,
Allah Hafiz

Originally Posted by phatz00
Assalamualaikum!

hatty341
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im a muslim too!!! can i join in?
mkenani
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
good then. but u think that as much as we try and defend ourselves you must agree that the women do have a harder time than the men. and one can never say about someone elses or see someone elses suffering if they have not undergone it.
But i rest my case on the injustices....have a good day Abbasi
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can i join ??
troubles
Report 13 years ago
Assalamualaikum

Yes Yes

I'd like to join in ...
prospector60
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
i have qucik question. Since my last question was to do with something that i found out is haram :eek: the question this time is to do with PRAYING ..

Okai the situation: ur praying rite say 4 rakat for salat al Isha and say u read about three rakat and for some reason u loose count of the rakats what do u do??

This is what i do - finish reading to when i think the four are complete and then read the whole four from begining....is this the correct method? There was a special dua or something u cud read if u thought u made a mistake BUT

What i also wanted to know is that is it forbidden to pray the same prayer twice cuz u think u may have made a mistake the 1st time round????
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
A Salaam u Aleikum

I have created a TSR RESPECT Party. Please join and help give muslims a voice in future elections on this site.

Khodaa Hafez
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can anyone tell me how to add that i've joined the islamic society as my signature? it'll probably save me having to always say 'i'm a muslim and....'
yusufu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
can anyone tell me how to add that i've joined the islamic society as my signature? it'll probably save me having to always say 'i'm a muslim and....'
1) click on USER CP in to top left corner, just below the TSR logo.
2) then click on EDIT SIGNATURE in the control panel section on the left of the screen.
3) change your signature
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Undry1)
How come people who get three wishes from a genie don't wish for an unlimited number of wishes?
Because Robin Williams as the Genie from Alladin, said, "NO"
bengal_tiger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can i join please? ~jumps up and down with hand in air~

I do have some concerns as well, slaves and the treatment of women? ive been told that they can not be related to today and reflect the period of Islams beginning,
Slavery is wrong? and women are equal to men? but ive read books and it says men and women have different roles? why do they have different roles if they are equal? also, a woman has the right to divorce even if it is not agreed in the marriage contract? and can men have four wives now? or does that reflect the same time period and no longer applies? I jus cant see how you can treat more then one wife equally and if so then a woman has a right to have four husbands as well?
I have more questions but i'l leave them for a later date, thankyou for helping
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads