Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As-salam alikum all!

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse, you can not date.
    even if you are 'dating' 'muslim' women!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.. looks like no ones here...

ReputationRep:
    oh well... any body come up with an answer to my 'magic' question?

ReputationRep:
    ill be off! As-Salam alikum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigrico)
    Are muslim females still not allowed to date non - muslim men? are they allowed to marry?
    'Dating' isn't allowed anyway..whether they are muslim or non muslim

I don't think women are allowed to marry non muslim men.......what if he decides to convert after the marriage? Does the muslim woman still get the sin?

ReputationRep:
    yes; they are DATING.
    thats not allowed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    yes; they are DATING.
    thats not allowed!
    No i mean..'once' they get married...after the marriage, what if the guy decides to convert to Islam. Does the muslim woman still get the sin for marrying a non muslim guy. I'm sure she doesn't. By marrying him, perhaps she was able to teach him about islam....which is why he converted.

ReputationRep:
    well, if he wants to convert to Islam, he should do it BEFORE the marriage.
    this is encouraged coz the guy might change his mind after getting married.
    yes, the woman will be held on account (it is a sin), TILL he ACTUALLY converts to Islam.
    if she wants to save herself from it, it should be BEFORE the marriage

ReputationRep:
    i hope that was clear milli

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    i hope that was clear milli
    Thanks. I understand now

ReputationRep:
    brother ayazzzzzzzzz

:hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    'Dating' isn't allowed anyway..whether they are muslim or non muslim

I don't think women are allowed to marry non muslim men.......what if he decides to convert after the marriage? Does the muslim woman still get the sin?
    Assalamu Alaikum to all!
    Only issue i have is, is the nikkah valid? Allahu Alam, Allah knows best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Assalamu Alaikum to all!
    Only issue i have is, is the nikkah valid? Allahu Alam, Allah knows best.
    Wa alaikum salam

I don't see why it shouldn't be valid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    Wa alaikum salam

I don't see why it shouldn't be valid.
    Well, i wouldn't know. I'm not an Islamic jurist but i was thinking whether since it's not allowed if the nikkah is valid. Like would the nikkah of a man who marries a Hindu woman be valid? Obviously i don't know :p: So I think i'll ask someone professional and see what the response is I'll let everyone know.

ReputationRep:
    Check it out! I got a new bearded smiley haha! Bearded banana! Yay! :bban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Well, i wouldn't know. I'm not an Islamic jurist but i was thinking whether since it's not allowed if the nikkah is valid. Like would the nikkah of a man who marries a Hindu woman be valid? Obviously i don't know :p: So I think i'll ask someone professional and see what the response is I'll let everyone know.
    I don’t think it is valid. For starters, the Nikkah is a marriage contract that has to comply with Allah(swt) commands. So it’s not really a Nikkah if it doesn’t…
    I’ve heard that if a man marries a non-muslim woman who isn’t from the People of the Book, knowing exactly what he is getting in to, then the Nikkah is not valid and he has committed zinaah.
    However, if he didn’t know that it was not allowed beforehand, he hasn’t committed a sin. Once he is aware of it though, he must either separate from her (assuming she didn’t convert) or renew (or perform it properly, seeing as the other one isn’t valid) the Nikkah(if she did convert). If they are separating, he doesn’t even have to go through the hassle of divorce seeing as they weren’t married in the first place. However, if his wife did convert, and he hasn’t renewed the Nikkah consciously then any act between the two is considered zinnaah.
    I think the same applies to Muslim women who marry non-muslim man. I’m not sure though…I’ll try to confirm it and let you know…

Allahu A'lam...

Assalaamu Alaikum everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    brother ayazzzzzzzzz

:hello:
    :date: :aetsch: :girlhit: :wavey: :punk: :bunny: :diep: :hugs: :blow:

SIS
    where are you?!

ReputationRep:
    thats what im always telling everyone: mizfissy's posts are QUALITY!!! EXCELLENT sis...

(you have to agree with me; otherwise, you'll have to talk to my right hand man Rashid. and he has a black/blue/ green/pink/purple/indigo/violet/blue/crimson/yellow belt in karate! heck, he has so many colours on his belt, it looks like hes wearing a mini-rainbow!!!)

ReputationRep:
    heh heh.
    im hoping that put a smile on everyones face... :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.