The Student Room Group
Reply 16960
mmm...lemme think....heart monitor, women walks in with red dress or something, heart starts beating real fast? :smile:
Reply 16961
lol .. but is it the dress or the women :p: ...

psychology .. i knew it .. never be rid of it :rolleyes:

'The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.'

I think red also makes people think you're confident ... lol .. and obv its associated with many things socially
Reply 16962
rename
lol .. but is it the dress or the women :p: ...

psychology .. i knew it .. never be rid of it :rolleyes:

'The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.'

I think red also makes people think you're confident ... lol .. and obv its associated with many things socially

yeh possibly!:smile:
Reply 16963
lol i'm going on now ..aren't i? haha ... :rolleyes:
what you up to today bro?
Reply 16964
rename
lol i'm going on now ..aren't i? haha ... :rolleyes:
what you up to today bro?

nah not really....i might just stay in today and watch all the world cup games....looks a bit depressing outside and all me mates have got exams :frown:...what you upto...revising?
Reply 16965
yh .. kindof .. i'm reading through my english text today .. and then learn some quotes .. revision is sleep inducing lol .. :snoozing:

but it'll all be over on monday insh'allah :smile:

hehe .. then i can catch up on the movies i've missed during exam time ... and of course my lil bro's bday party .. highlight of the week .. :biggrin:
Reply 16966
well good luck....and have fun at your little brothers party :biggrin:
Reply 16967
#2(Laika)
well good luck....and have fun at your little brothers party :biggrin:

well as much fun as one can have .. when being attacked by hordes of 5-6 year olds .. not a pretty sight :ahhhhh: ... hehehe ..

me and my friend's are going to the pirates of the carribean premiere next week .. by going i mean .. standing outside and staring .. and wishing we were inside .. but yes .. it should be interesting..

have you finished your exams and stuff bro?
what are you studying?
Reply 16968
rename
well as much fun as one can have .. when being attacked by hordes of 5-6 year olds .. not a pretty sight :ahhhhh: ... hehehe ..

me and my friend's are going to the pirates of the carribean premiere next week .. by going i mean .. standing outside and staring .. and wishing we were inside .. but yes .. it should be interesting..

have you finished your exams and stuff bro?
what are you studying?[

yep all done..studied web design/web development...you going to Leicester Square for the premier?
Reply 16969
Hello everyone!

I have one quick question: Is it deemed Islamically legal if a girl was to wear fancy coloured jilbabs, altering the colour she wears from the day preceding it?

It negates the whole point IMO.

Gracias mucho!
Reply 16970
yep, i have no idea where it is though .. i mean which cinema, is it the odeon or the vue .. or the other odeon. i trust my friend's know the details .. lol i doubt it somehow .. better look it up.

hopefully it'll be a nice day of shopping around oxford street and bond street ... and i'm on a mission to find the halal chinese on oxford street my dad told me about ... but for some reason i'm thinking it's on bond street .. it'll be a mission anyway .. both streets are huge .. haha ..
Reply 16971
rename
yep, i have no idea where it is though .. i mean which cinema, is it the odeon or the vue .. or the other odeon. i trust my friend's know the details .. lol i doubt it somehow .. better look it up.

hopefully it'll be a nice day of shopping around oxford street and bond street ... and i'm on a mission to find the halal chinese on oxford street my dad told me about ... but for some reason i'm thinking it's on bond street .. it'll be a mission anyway .. both streets are huge .. haha ..

spotting a chinese place is gonna tricky on oxford street...only thing you'll see is Starbucks.....Starbucks.....Starbucks....and more Starbucks :p:...good luck!
Reply 16972
Dimez
Hello everyone!

I have one quick question: Is it deemed Islamically legal if a girl was to wear fancy coloured jilbabs, altering the colour she wears from the day preceding it?

Gracias mucho!

lol well i suppose if she's doing it for the wrong reasons .. i.e. to attract attention it's wrong .. you would have to ask a jilbab wearer .. in my opinion .. its depends on the situation .. and there is really nothing to say about colour .. but if it was say extravagant there may be a difference .. nowadays a lot of muslim shops are selling jilbabs in all sorts of different colours and designs .. so i suppose it may be seen as more culturally acceptable nowadays ..

either way .. a brightly coloured and no jilbab .. which one is better?
Reply 16973
#2(Laika)
spotting a chinese place is gonna tricky on oxford street...only thing you'll see is Starbucks.....Starbucks.....Starbucks....and more Starbucks :p:...good luck!

i'll probably get distracted by hmv ... instead .. oh yeah .. so i was wondering .. what does islam say about listening to music? i mean i know the general stuff .. but what is set down .. :confused:
Reply 16974
rename
i'll probably get distracted by hmv ... instead .. oh yeah .. so i was wondering .. what does islam say about listening to music? i mean i know the general stuff .. but what is set down .. :confused:

i know its haram...but its very tempting and i do listen to music quite frequently which is bad i know.....
Reply 16975
but a lot of muslim cultures and countries listen to a lot of music
and also their is the religious music as well .. like naat and stuff like that

i mean i listen to music quite frequently too .. but during ramadhan i think that's about the only time of year we (as in me and my older bro) don't intentionally listen to music .. its quite difficult with tv advertisements and everything .. but we try ..

i mean i listen to music more for its lyrical content than the music .. i'll listen to anything as long as the lyrics are good .. so i don't know .. i know its harem .. but then most muslim cultures tend to ignore .. or whitewash that ..
Reply 16976
rename
but a lot of muslim cultures and countries listen to a lot of music
and also their is the religious music as well .. like naat and stuff like that

i mean i listen to music quite frequently too .. but during ramadhan i think that's about the only time of year we (as in me and my older bro) don't intentionally listen to music .. its quite difficult with tv advertisements and everything .. but we try ..

i mean i listen to music more for its lyrical content than the music .. i'll listen to anything as long as the lyrics are good .. so i don't know .. i know its harem .. but then most muslim cultures tend to ignore .. or whitewash that ..

yeh same here...
Reply 16977
hmm .. music is a strange topic i guess .. a lot of the religious channels .. i have noticed have sessions of singing and music (naat) - they're about allah but still .. all black and white and shades of grey i guess

i don't know .. music doesn't apply to me at the mo .. my brother broke my ipod .. :frown: so right now i'm not listening to anything really .. but i do usually listen to music quite a bit ..
Reply 16978
Dimez
Hello everyone!

Gracias mucho!

The primary purpose of wearing a Jilbab is to cover Muslim women. Black Jilbabs are more commonely used.

I believe that if it does not attract a non - mahram's attention or makes her so conspicuous, as far as its color, shape, and cut are concerned, it is not a problem.

I think it also depends on your intention. If your intention is not to look attrative to non -mahrams, then i dont think there is anything wrong with wearing something nice and smart.

Muslim women don't 'have' to wear the jilbab. You can still look modest with a skirt and a top.
Reply 16979
rename
hmm .. music is a strange topic i guess .. a lot of the religious channels .. i have noticed have sessions of singing and music (naat) - they're about allah but still .. all black and white and shades of grey i guess

i don't know .. music doesn't apply to me at the mo .. my brother broke my ipod .. :frown: so right now i'm not listening to anything really .. but i do usually listen to music quite a bit ..

yeh its a bad habit...one which is extremely hard to let go of.....

Latest