Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigrico)
    Why if a muslim wants to marry a non muslim, does the non muslim have to convert?

Is Allah so vain, he has to have everyone worshipping and praying for him?

Basically as far as I can see it, muslims dont want to mingle with non-muslims persons and keep themselves within their own community so is it any wonder why peoples are suspicious of them?

Chinese, Indian, and other communities have settled peacefully in Britain, and they are not Christian, so it seems to me that the problem is with Muslims and their belief that everyone should follow Islam.

If islam is so great then why would muslims want to live in predominently non muslim countries, surely it cant just be about money?
    1) God is not vain he is omnipotent .. and he is the once who created us and looks after us ... why would we not worship him? And i think you'll find worship is an integral part of every religion ... not just Islam ...
    i'd like to add foool .. but i think that's self evident

2) When have muslims specified that everyone should follow Islam? When i walk around my local town centre on the weekend .. i usually meet the same bible basher .. and he rants and he annoys and freaks the hell out of a lot of people .. even those who are christian ... i haven't seen any muslims doing this? :confused:
    I do believe all the fundamentalism is about power and war ... Islam is a religion that seeks peace ... a jihad is not a war .. its striving to help your fellow man .. and if these fundamentalists have taken it out of context i believe they are wrong ..

how many times? Muslims and muslim fundamentalists (terrorists - suicide bombers etc) are not the same! :rolleyes:
    Muslims do agree with what these fundamentalists are doing ... they do not even believe them to be fellow muslims
    I mean did all christians agree with what the Ku Klux Clan were doing?
    how many times is someone going to have to say it ...

3) Which muslims have not integrated peacefully? My little brother attends an Arabic class every tuesday and friday using the hall of a local church .... the majority of my friends are non muslim .. they are white, black, japanese, indian, korean, austrian etc. I seem to have found myself integrated into British society .. i haven't found myself disturbing the peace ...

4) and as for muslims not living in predominantly muslim countries ... why should they? Just every person of every other faith do not live in their faith-based countries .. neither do muslims .. it happens .. deal with it

and a question for you? are you actually reading what anyone posts back .. and forming and changing your opinions... or are you just here to antagonize? because if you are .. don't bother posting back ..

ReputationRep:
    well explained sis

marshaalah

ReputationRep:
    Salaam sis :hello:

ReputationRep:
    walaykum salam warhamtulahi wabaraktu

you ok?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm good, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigrico)
    Why if a muslim wants to marry a non muslim, does the non muslim have to convert?
    It is their own choice. No one has the right to force them. Qur'an 2:256 makes this quite clear.
    Basically as far as I can see it, muslims dont want to mingle with non-muslims persons and keep themselves within their own community so is it any wonder why peoples are suspicious of them?
    I lived in Botswana, my best friend was a Serbian Atheist/ Agnostic. I still keep to myself/ my 'kind'?
    Chinese, Indian, and other communities have settled peacefully in Britain, and they are not Christian, so it seems to me that the problem is with Muslims and their belief that everyone should follow Islam.
    Why can't a muslim be Chinese or Indian? They're nationalities, not religions. I am Sri Lankan, i am also muslim. I know British white muslims living in England too. Also, we don't believe everyone should follow Islam, of course we'd like em to (put any religion in the same place you'll get the same answers i assure you) but matters of faith are purely upto them. My personal philosophy is to educate them and them let them make an informed decision (of their own choice). Again, Qur'an 2:256 deals with this. You might want to check the quote in my sig also, Qur'an 16:125. Emphasis on goodly exhoration and kindest manner.

If islam is so great then why would muslims want to live in predominently non muslim countries, surely it cant just be about money?
    Quite frankly i would love to live in Malaysia, which has muslim majority population. Also, it might be for education, health care benefits, weather... Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    yep im happy

this weeks been quick and great

my teacher took picstures of us

do you want to know why?

ReputationRep:
    oooooooooooh

i love it when you do things like that bro rashid

good explanation

:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    This has been discussed a number of times…I’m not even going to bother.

Is Allah so vain, he has to have everyone worshipping and praying for him?

Say’s who? Have you met the majority of non-muslims? I doubt it. Lets look outside of Britain for second, shall we. Most of the Asian countries and some Arab countries have large non-muslim community and they get along just fine. Why is it that you seem to believe that for every bloody problem, Islam must be the cause.
    Plz get your fact straight before you start whining.

Really? And how did you come to that conclusion? Have you asked all the muslims? Better yet, have you asked any muslims or are you just incredibly good at mind reading?

:rolleyes:
    Some muslims decide to move to other countries for many reason and I can guarantee you that religion rarely has anything to do with it. Sometimes families are put in situations where maybe their home country isn’t even habitable or just provide a poor quality of life. Either way they just want a better life just like anyone else who decides to immigrate. There isn’t a Islamic conspiracy behind it, I’m afraid.

I’m sorry if I seem hostile, but I’ve heard these allegations so many times, it just gets tiring after a while. (That and I had bad day…)
    If you are honestly interested in Islam, then by all means post, otherwise don’t bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    yep im happy

this weeks been quick and great

my teacher took picstures of us

do you want to know why?
    go on tell me

Salaam bro!

ReputationRep:
    hehe

well sis, we have a new sixth form building and my deputy headteacher told us that she was going to pick 20 people to do a job for her,

i was chose as one of them, didnt know what the job was, then my teacher told me tht we (20 of us) were selscted to take pictures outside and inside the new 6th form building so that my teacher can out it in next years prospectus.

i was shocked,. my teacher was like telling us we were slected because we lloook like we're coming to learn, we're wearing formal clothes etc.

so , i got inviolved and my teacher took quite a lot of pictures, my teahcer put me in most of them,. i was also in a picture where, i had to act like i was a teacher and teaching the class

my teacher was like telliong me, "it's good practice for you if you want to beome a teacher"

so , there you go sis

ReputationRep:
    oooooooooooh

good explanation

Why thank you sis It's good to know some people like my explanations Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    oooooooooooh

good explanation

:ditto:

and cograts on the sixth form stuff!

Excuse me if I don't reply...my connection is 19.2 Kbps...having some problems today.

Salam Everyone
    Inshallah everyone is in the best of salama
    I have been researching Islam in Latin America, and especially in Brazil, and from what I have found, Islam is struggling in these countries. Whats more, is the stereotype views of Islam in Brazil. Its kinda upsetting to be honest, and I was wondering if anyone else knows more about this. I have a couple of articles regarding Islam in Brazil if anyone would like to read them
    All the best
    Mittow xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Why thank you sis It's good to know some people like my explanations Thanks!
    your welcome bro

your explanations are easy and simple to undertsand

thats what my teacher always says about me

ReputationRep:
    hmm true, btw i think there is a decent muslim population in mexico (central america) not sure bout the country

ill see if i can get the link up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    :ditto:

and cograts on the sixth form stuff!

Excuse me if I don't reply...my connection is 19.2 Kbps...having some problems today.
    thanks sis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    hmm true, btw i think there is a decent muslim population in mexico (central america) not sure bout the country

ill see if i can get the link up
    hey wheres the wag1 bit?

lol

ReputationRep:
    thats for wen im in a good mood.
    but anyways wag1 w/salaam
    hows everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usama-ahmed)
    thats for wen im in a good mood.
    but anyways wag1 w/salaam
    hows everyone?
    everytinhg good bro

have you started 6th form yet bro?

havent seen your friend latelt,y think he's bunking

:mad:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.