Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    rename is an Aquarian too. :five:

Not that I believe in star signs ^o)
    that i am ... :p: ... are you one of the random people who added me on msn?

i'm a dragon too .. by the chinese thingy bro!

oo i know all about that citizenship thingy .. my friend was born in UAE ... theyre so .. weird .. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juicy Fruit)
    I was born and live in England, but I'd never refer to myself as 'English'.
    Personal preference I guess.

I was born here, I've been living here all my life, I'm here to stay, and I'll probably die here, so It'd be hard for me to think of myself as an outsider..

My parents were actually born in Pakistan, but they're Bengali. So am I, but I'm no outsider, and I don't care what the minority of this country think of me, they do not determine my nationality.

With all respect to you, of course!

ReputationRep:
    salaam alaikum

am smelling biddah

ReputationRep:
    yeh, see its not the easy, even if you are born here.
    so getting a citizenship while being a non-Arab, counts for BEING an arab!
    confusing? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Salam bro Fenix (i prefer this spelling :p:)
    whats kicking?

ReputationRep:
    Wa Alaikum Salaam Phoenix CG! :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Personal preference I guess.

I was born here, I've been living here all my life, I'm here to stay, and I'll probably die here, so It'd be hard for me to think of myself as an outsider..

My parents were actually born in Pakistan, but they're Bengali. So am I, but I'm no outsider, and I don't care what the minority of this country think of me, they do not determine my nationality.

With all respect to you, of course!
    I don't think of myself as an outsider. I have as much right to be here as anyone, but biologically I'm not English, so it makes little sense for me to claim that I am.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much dude, bloody bored as hell, need to get a new rim, but can't carry it on my back lol. you?

ReputationRep:
    rename, what's your name? Lol. I think I have.. :hmmmm: Was quite a while ago, no?

Ayaz, shukarya, laykin main is society kay bohat thayr say hoon, aap say pehlay. mainay aap ko rep thay thee, thayk lo.

ReputationRep:
    Zara, but you were born here? Surely that must have some affect on your identity? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Zara, but you were born here? Surely that must have some affect on your identity? :p:
    Of course it does, I'm not denying that. All I'm saying is that I'm not English, since neither of my parents are English, they're Irish and Iraqi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juicy Fruit)
    Of course it does, I'm not denying that. All I'm saying is that I'm not English, since neither of my parents are English, they're Irish and Iraqi.
    Oh ok, I give up lol :suitc:

ReputationRep:
    My name's Sabah
    and Juicy Fruit .. i don't see myself as 'English' as such .. just a british citizen ... and i think that's diff .. lol but i always end up accidently writing pakistani on forms (no idea why .. its inherent in me maybe) .. my dad always has to go ... u muppet! .. ur a british citizen!

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, I give up lol :suitc:
    Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rename)
    My name's Sabah
    and Juicy Fruit .. i don't see myself as 'English' as such .. just a british citizen ... and i think that's diff .. lol but i always end up accidently writing pakistani on forms (no idea why .. its inherent in me maybe) .. my dad always has to go ... u muppet! .. ur a british citizen!
    Well, you are Pakistani ethnically, but British by nationality. I guess it's up to the individual to decide which characteristic is more important or significant to their identity.

ReputationRep:
    Sabah, you're not gameplayer_no1 with a different username are you? Hence 'rename' :p:

Zara, agree to disagree, or just too tired to show you you are wrong?

ReputationRep:
    lol ... no that's another Sabah ...

ReputationRep:
    What gets me is that, I have no culture from "back home", was born here, learnt everything here, all i know is what i've learnt here, so...I guess that makes me just muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    ok this is fast becoming a general chat thread
    i browsed a few pages.

so tell me:
    when you are praying Salah, and go to Sajdah, how should your feet be?
    i mean to say, that the toes and the fingers; should they be pointing outwards (feet flat) or should they be curled up to point inwards (toes facing Kiblah).
    Assalamu Alaikum to all,
    I keep my toes pointing towards the Qiblah with my soles off the ground. I don't think anyone's agile enough to keep soles on the ground with toes pointing towards the Qiblah in such a position :p: Perhaps a yogi... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Sabah, you're not gameplayer_no1 with a different username are you? Hence 'rename' :p:

Zara, agree to disagree, or just too tired to show you you are wrong?
    Huh? There's no right or wrong in this, it's personal opinion.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.