Turn on thread page Beta

The TSR Islamic Society watch

Announcements

(Original post by A Y A Z)
    Btwn, how was your B'day?
    it was cool....had a good time :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    dont ever get in an argument on here...you'll just be digging a really big hole......Deftones are cool...im into lots of bands....off the top of my head....The Kooks..erm...Arcade Fire....Death Cab For Cutie...Coldplay....Howie Day...i doubt you'll like 'em.....
    Wow, you've actually heard some stuff by them. I'm impressed.

I've heard of those bands, but other than Coldplay I haven't listened to anything by them.

Where are you from originally by the way?

(Original post by Juicy Fruit)
    Wow, you've actually heard some stuff by them. I'm impressed.

I've heard of those bands, but other than Coldplay I haven't listened to anything by them.

Where are you from originally by the way?
    well i live in London but originally from Yemen...you?

ReputationRep:
    How can you interpret the Quran yourself?!!
    Leave the topic; im least bothered about it anyways.
    Im off!
    See ya guys!
    Rafael, Juciy Fruit (whats your name anyways? Not Ayesha i know :p:)

Salaam dude...take care!

ReputationRep:
    Atleast dont talk MUSIC in here!!! :p:
    And dont listen to Rafael; if you were expecting EVERYONE to go along with you... well, thats what difference of opinion is all about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    How can you interpret the Quran yourself?!!
    Leave the topic; im least bothered about it anyways.
    Im off!
    See ya guys!
    Rafael, Juciy Fruit (whats your name anyways? Not Ayesha i know :p:)
    By reading it and using your brain to figure out what it means. What's so difficult about that?

My name's Zara by the way.

ReputationRep:
    As-Salam alikum!
    Take care y'all! Peace out!

ReputationRep:
    well i live in London but originally from Yemen...you?
    Cool. I was born in Leeds but I'm half Iraqi and half Irish.

ReputationRep:
    Ok Zara; like I said in that little 'statment' do what you want to
    *Pst! remember what I said*

Cool. I was born in Leeds but I'm half Iraqi and half Irish.
    nice one....you live in Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    nice one....you live in Palestine?
    Haha no I still live in Leeds, I just have the Palestinian flag as a show of solidarity.

Haha no I still live in Leeds, I just have the Palestinian flag as a show of solidarity.
    ah right ok...and theres me with my Man Utd flag..how pathetic...lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha no worries, at least you don't have the Israeli flag there. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Abuzaid)
    Does it really matter if you believe in their authenticity or not? Since the Quran does command you to follow them and Allah does say he will protect both, and hence the authenticity!

Alhamdulilah I am in this country but I really do suggest you don't come here sister, unless you have a goal, or already coming form a non-muslim country lol.

And instead of introducing myself I guess I can just paste this link:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...62#post5108662
    I only asked because there is a Muslim sect that only follow the Quran and disregard the ahadeeth completely. I just wanted get that clarified before continuing…

No, I’m only going to the UK for university Inshallah.

Haha no worries, at least you don't have the Israeli flag there. :p:
    hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I knew posting in this thread would be a bad idea, but I'd like to clear up a few points that have been raised.

'Khimar' comes from the word 'khamr' meaning 'to cover'. Since that's what all clothes are designed to do, it doesn't really mean anything in that context.
    Could you plz post a link where that derivation came from. I am pretty sure that nouns cannot be driven from other nouns; verbs, on the other hand, can.
    However, I will retract that statement if given a proof. I’ll have to ask my dad about that. The only meaning for the word Khamr I know of is alcohol.

I'm not advocating that the Quraan applies to some and not others, read the above extractions from three different interpretations of the Quraan and hopefully you'll understand what I'm talking about.
    Alright…It’s good to know you are following a Sheik and thank you for that extract. However, I have to say I disagree completely as do many more learned Scholars.

I have a question, where in the Quran or Hadeeth does it say or even hint that the interpretations for either one is liable for change with time? If any Islamic commandments were only meant for a specific period of time, it would have been abrogated by another verse or hadeeth.
    To say that it does without any strong evidence is treading on a thin line, in my opinion. And the vagueness of the verse can hardly be considered evidence. The Quran only highlights the commandments… how they are to be followed can be found in the hadeeth and Sunnah of the Prophet(Saws).

I believe in the authenticity of some, but I am wary of them.
    Fair enough…I’m wary of some myself, those being the Dha’eef ones. But if a provide Hadeeths from Saheeh Al Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim, a collection of Saheeh Hadeeths by Abu Dawuud and Al Tirmidhi, would you believe in their authenticity?

Yes, precisely. And I've come to that conclusion from the words of the Quraan itself.
    Alright…Here’s my question.
    Do you think that on the Last Day that a woman who did not cover her neck in a country like Saudi Arabia would get punished for it, while another Muslim woman who didn’t living in a western country, does not? Despite the fact that they are both following the Quraan and Sunnah?
    If two woman were following the Allah(swt) commandments living on the 2 opposite ends of the world, do you honestly think that one will get special treatment over the other?

If you want evidence, I’ll give it to you…I promise and I’m woman of my word. However, it’ll have to wait I’m afraid…I would do my little research now, but I’m in a mood and half at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I have a request to ask from all of you.
    My aunt passed away early this morning and I’m heading of to Somalia tomorrow evening InshAllah after my last exam.
    If you guys could plz spare a time for a du’aa for her, I would be eternally grateful.
    Could also make a du’aa for my Dad, to make this whole ordeal easier for him.
    He isn’t taking this well and has been absolutely quiet since Fajr and I don’t blame him. My aunt (Allah yerhamha) was the one who raised my dad and his siblings after their parents passed away at young age. She sacrificed her education and life to give the best she could and get them out of the country for a better education and life.
    If you could plz spare a couple of seconds for them, I’d be much obliged.

Thank you and Assalaamu Alaikum.

(Original post by mizfissy815)
    I have a request to ask from all of you.
    My aunt passed away early this morning and I’m heading of to Somalia tomorrow InshAllah after my last exam.
    If you guys could plz spare a time for a du’aa for her, I would be eternally grateful.
    If you could also make a du’aa for my Dad, to make this whole ordeal easier for him.
    He isn’t taking this well and has been absolutely quiet since Fajr and I don’t blame him. My aunt (Allah yerhamha) was the one who raised my dad and his siblings after their parents passed away at young age. She sacrificed her education and life to give the best she could and get them out of the country for a better education and life.
    If you could plz spare a couple of seconds for them, I’d be much obliged.

Thank you and Assalaamu Alaikum.
    im sorry for you loss....have a safe journey!

Wa Alaikum Salaam

ReputationRep:
    inaalilahi wainalilahi rajiiooon

yes sister, will make dua inshalah

take care and speak to you soon

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.