i don't wear a hijab sis ..

Oh okay :smile:
wow

portugal have scored already

manichhhhhhhhhhh

:smile:
Reply 17442
rahmara
not to put any pressure on you sis, but are you planning on wearing a hijab at the moment?

:smile:

haven't really though about to be honest sis ... i know that's strange but as none of my cousins etc. have wore a hijab ... its not really been something i've thought about .. and i guess its because i'm pakistani too .. i know hardly any pakistani women or girls who are hijabis (not an excuse i know). i gotta go now sis .. but will defo have this convo at a later date :smile: allah hafiz
Assalaamu Alaikum everyone…
Jazakullah Khair everyone…much appreciated.
Rashid- ina lillaahi winna illayhi ragi’oon…I’ll do my part brother…you have my condolences.

Milli- hmmm…good question.
I think what moved me most was my Arabic/Quran teacher who would always tell us stories about the Sahbah and Ummhat al Mumineen. We’d always end up discussing the hijab (or music :rolleyes:) in class and she would explain the virtues of the Hijab in such a way, that I’d just sit there wondering why on earth aren’t many other Muslim women aren’t muhajabas or Hijabis. This is back in 7th grade btw.

As to why I decided to go ahead with it, I have to say it was for many reasons. Primarily because ( I believe that )Allah (swt) commanded us to do so…and to be honest one other reason is because I’ve always been the quiet shy type and I don’t like attracting attention of any sort. I thought of it as way to divert attention and a huge ‘Leave me the heck alone’ sign…:p:
Salaamz mizfissy :smile:

I thought I'd let you know - I've started learning Arabic. Such an amaaaazing language!!

I can't wait to get really advanced in it (inshallah). I'm going to Marrakech (Morocco) this year, so I'll try and learn loadsa loadsa phrases before I go (I know they speak French there too though.. which means it won't be too much of a problem!)
linguist786
Salaamz mizfissy :smile:

I thought I'd let you know - I've started learning Arabic. Such an amaaaazing language!!

I can't wait to get really advanced in it (inshallah). I'm going to Marrakech (Morocco) this year, so I'll try and learn loadsa loadsa phrases before I go (I know they speak French there too though.. which means it won't be too much of a problem!)

Assalamu Alaikum,
MashaAllah bro! I've wanted to learn to speak Arabic, inshaAllah in the future :biggrin:
aye! you! milli! :motz:
u making me wear a hijab?!!!!
first you call me the bogeyman!
then you make me wear a hijab!

this is the best day of my life!!! *sob* i love you all!
btwn, Salams all!
Wa Alaikum Salaam Ayaz. I'm gonna be an ass right now and ask what's wrong with making you conform to 'hijab' eh?
yeh well for one, ill be called a drag queen.
a MUSLIM one who is MODEST at that (at the very least!)
for another, dude, im a DUDE!
dudes dont wear Hijabs!
do they...?
comeon guys, say it with me
AYAZ IS A D.U.D.E
HE IS A B.O.U.Y
HE IS NOT A B.A.B.E
HE IS A G.U.Y

isnt this fun?
oh, i think i got boy spelled out wrong...
ah! bouy, boy same difference right?
you noe i dont come online so i can TALK TO MYSELF!!!!
where is everybody?! :motz:
A Y Z
for another, dude, im a DUDE!
dudes dont wear Hijabs!
do they...?

To my knowledge there is something of a 'dude' 'hijab' i.e. state of mind, as to me, hijab is more than a headscarf.

So i would argue that you could observe your 'hijab' by keeping trousers above your ankles, having a beard, keeping your head hair within limits, lowering your gaze in presence of females and such :p:

The use of the word 'hijab' in this concept is in a jocund manner and could be wrong. But there are guidelines for males, whether labelled as 'hijab' or not :p:

:biggrin:
aye! you want me to get ARRESTED by the fashion police?! :motz:
people wear their pants so low that they START at the ankles! and ur telling me to wear it above them!
so that means my pant will probably go upto my chest...
head hair within limits? what you think ive got a flowing mane or somthing?
dude, ill luk like an ALIEN!
(:p:)
Assalaamu Alaikum everyone.
Finished my last exam today and alhadmulillah it was the best exam I have sat this session. Went out for lunch afterwards with my firneds and I just got home. A good day alhamdullilah.

Question- I've heard that women aren't allowed to attend funerals...agreed.
I heard that women aren't allowed to visist graveyards at all...but now I hear the women are allowed to visit graveyards so long as it is they are not still mourning the dead at that point.

Which is true?
it was not at all i think...
congrats on your exams! finished at last eh :wink:

Latest