The TSR Islamic Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
mortderire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh guys, there's someone who i know, basically she's just started reading the qur'an yesterday (so pleased- she's non-muslim)

any recommendations for books etc? although, she is sometimes critical of islam, so i hope she's not reading it to find faults with it
*Ridwan*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not it's just that I want to get past the break-even opint of rep here, cmon who likes negativity attached to their name?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rizzyh)
not it's just that I want to get past the break-even opint of rep here, cmon who likes negativity attached to their name?
Green again :p: Welcome to the club :cool:
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rashid your such a godsend. 31 points +, thankss a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARSHALLAH and Respect to Usama bro too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As-Salam alikum all!
anyone got a topic? *fingers crossed*
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Umm photography?

I know it's haraam but imagine it's your honeymoon and you can't take a picture of you, your pious wife and the beautiful country/city you are in
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rizzyh)
Umm photography?

I know it's haraam but imagine it's your honeymoon and you can't take a picture of you, your pious wife and the beautiful country/city you are in
I know...! :eek:
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
photography is haram?
Juicy Fruit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
photography is haram?
It's also haraam to breathe too quickly, in case the hyperventilation affects your brainpower too much and makes you worship idols.

I feel I need to highlight the sarcasm in the above post, just in case anyone is too dense to detect it for themselves. Obviously it's not haraam to breathe too quickly, although it might not be Sunnah. :rolleyes:
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:p: I dunno why photos are haraam, although there is scholarly opinion to suggest so. I still do it though... :s:
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juicy Fruit)
It's also haraam to breathe too quickly, in case the hyperventilation affects your brainpower too much and makes you worship idols.

I feel I need to highlight the sarcasm in the above post, just in case anyone is too dense to detect it for themselves. Obviously it's not haraam to breathe too quickly, although it might not be Sunnah. :rolleyes:

The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Zaz, are you digging at me for what was said in that D&D thread? :p: About beards and Sunnah...
Juicy Fruit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hold on a tic! Read that Laika!

Hmmm it's interesting because alot of scholars do allow videos and photos
Juicy Fruit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
Zaz, are you digging at me for what was said in that D&D thread? :p: About beards and Sunnah...
Nah, I'm just digging at this new sect in Islam - the Haraamis - who say everything is haraam. In fact, I shouldn't even be typing this, because the clicking noise of the keys is sort of musical in a way, and it's making me feel tempted to belly dance to it. :rolleyes:
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Nah, I'm just digging at this new sect in Islam - the Haraamis - who say everything is haraam. In fact, I shouldn't even be typing this, because the clicking noise of the keys is sort of musical in a way, and it's making me feel tempted to belly dance to it. :rolleyes:
LMAO
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Although in some cases I'd have to agree with you...
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Although in some cases I'd have to agree with you...
im naturally sarcastic..i cant help it lol...
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im naturally sarcastic..i cant help it lol...
Nah i'm just kidding. Anyway, it's what 'they' say... And who really cares what 'they' say?! :p:
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Nah i'm just kidding. Anyway, it's what 'they' say... And who really cares what 'they' say?! :p:
too right...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads