oh the usual stuff brother
    how about yourslef?
    its 7/7 today so you know, its quite emotional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmara)
    how about yourslef?
    Not really. Every day brothers and sisters..families..children...el dery... are being killed in Palestine and Iraq. Why don't we have a 2 minute's silence for them? What make's their lives less precious?

I agree..innocent people died on 7/7 bombings, but what makes their lives any more valuable then those in Iraq or Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    how about yourslef?
    i know its 7/7, so bad one year on to the day when the bombs took place.

today i been doing the useual stuff playing ps2 and watch tennis, wimbeldon, with the semi final just finishin now, and i was happy nadal won atleast i will see a competitive final featchering nadal and federer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Ayesha-)
    Not really. Every day brothers and sisters..families..children...el dery... are being killed in Palestine and Iraq. Why don't we have a 2 minute's silence for them? What make's their lives less precious?

I agree..innocent people died on 7/7 bombings, but what makes their lives any more valuable then those in Iraq or Palestine?
    yh i do agree with what your saying sis
    i mean there were muslim brothers and sisters who died in 9/11 and 7/7
    but then again, yh theyre are people in our ummah dying in the countries youve listed, why dont we have a 2 minute silence for them, exactly?
    im going to go to the houese of parliament and debate :mad: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza09)
    i know its 7/7, so bad one year on to the day when the bombs took place.

today i been doing the useual stuff playing ps2 and watch tennis, wimbeldon, with the semi final just finishin now, and i was happy nadal won atleast i will see a competitive final featchering nadal and federer.
    oooh tennis
    my firend wathces that
    im more of a badminton fan

ReputationRep:

i agree with that but we have two minute scilence because it happend in the uk where the security is at its highest and terrosim at its lowest so we would not espect these things happening in the uk but i agree that innocent people die in other countries and we cant do nothing about it, and also we dont find about whats happens in other countries day to day because we live in the other side of the world

ReputationRep:
    yh i do agree with what your saying sis
    i mean there were muslim brothers and sisters who died in 9/11 and 7/7
    but then again, yh theyre are people in our ummah dying in the countries youve listed, why dont we have a 2 minute silence for them, exactly?
    im going to go to the houese of parliament and debate :mad: :rolleyes:
    Count me in :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    right, lets get a petiton form or something ready
    im just reading the bbc site and ive just coem across these articles
    so horrifc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5158454.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5118048.stm

ReputationRep:
    ok i must be off now and pray asr
    speak to you all soem other time inshalah
    allah hafiz

ReputationRep:
    so horrifc

oh gosh thats terrible...i agree properly with what ayesha said, i hate the way this country remembers deaths in this country and in the US but they seem to regard lives in places like Afghanistan/Palestine/Iraq as worthless. Its really sad.

ReputationRep:
    so horrifc

i dont think its going to be good wasting your time doing a petition casue it take a huge responsibillity and also it will take commitment from yourself and if your petition fails then you just wasted your time

You dont know if you dont try brother. I am all with this petition or anything to help our cause.

ReputationRep:
    hmm im really disenchanted with this system but anything's worth a go in our situation.
    at least it will let them know we dont approve

ReputationRep:
    Salam everyone
    I was reading a few (well 10 pages) back about going to uni, and living at uni. I've always wanted to move out of home, and live at the uni, even if I go to a London one, but a lot of problems arise. How big are they dorms usually?

And I was talking to an undergrad Muslim mate at Oxford, he said that there is a strong Muslim society and it has helped him to be a better muslim. And another at Birmingham uni, who said that the Muslim society is big, they have there own Taraweeh pray as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmufc)
    Salam everyone
    I was reading a few (well 10 pages) back about going to uni, and living at uni. I've always wanted to move out of home, and live at the uni, even if I go to a London one, but a lot of problems arise. How big are they dorms usually?

And I was talking to an undergrad Muslim mate at Oxford, he said that there is a strong Muslim society and it has helped him to be a better muslim. And another at Birmingham uni, who said that the Muslim society is big, they have there own Taraweeh pray as well!
    Yeh there are ISOC's in lots of unis i know there one in oxford. The dorms vary in size to size..it properly depends even within one uni there are different halls with different size roomings..but i dont see how this could be a major problem so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    yup this disbelieving land is bad.

It's called Selective Sympathy, they cry when terrorism hits but don't hear the cries of 3rd World countries...hmmm?

And in the Iraq war they do the bodycount for American/British soldiers yet refuse to take down how many innocent civilians have died.

I wait for Muslim Domination in this country or Ethnic Growth (whichever is faster)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    Aliya but shh :P
    Pretty name I have a niece with that name...

ReputationRep:

True, there are bombs going off here in Sri Lanka too :motz: Also, what's with the big commotion about knife crime in the UK? People should be happy they still use knives there! :eek2: Knives are a whole lot easier to dodge than bullets... And they say Africa is less modern! Pfft!

(Original post by hamza09)
    i agree with that but we have two minute scilence because it happend in the uk where the security is at its highest and terrosim at its lowest
    Depends how you define terrorism.

Count me in :rolleyes:
    That's all good and well, but how're you gonna get in? :p: Thus, you guys definitely need a Sri Lankan on that team!
    I'll fuel up my stealth lear jet and you at Heathrow in a bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    Pretty name I have a niece with that name...
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    there's a wonderful brother at our local mosque who does talks and a cuple of khutbas etc. called abu aaliyah

wow, he is sooo inspiring, and alhamdulillah his stuff is so deep as well

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.