Economics at LSE OR Cambridge? Which is the best?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Cambrdige vs LSE
http://www.lse.ac.uk/lsehistory/lse_..._cambridge.htm
EDDERS!
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
Cambrdige vs LSE
http://www.lse.ac.uk/lsehistory/lse_..._cambridge.htm
edders
Yank
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by EDDERS!)
edders
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!1 AGHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HAAA HAAAA

That's so funny man!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LSE. Easily.
HammaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
LSE. Easily.
yes it seems like it but then again Cambridge has had Keyns and Marshalls and Robinsons...many many great economists....but personally i prefer LSE's course (more flexible) but don't like to live in London...
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LSE. Easily.

The answer to this is well known in academic circles. For prestige anyway, Cambridge for undergraduate Econ., and LSE for it's graduate faculty in Econ (MSc/PhD). Although both are excellent either for under/postgrad study, needless to say.
HammaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by J.S.)
The answer to this is well known in academic circles. For prestige anyway, Cambridge for undergraduate Econ., and LSE for it's graduate faculty in Econ (MSc/PhD). Although both are excellent either for under/postgrad study, needless to say.
yes LSE's more concern about research and and cambridge is more into quality of teaching.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
yes it seems like it but then again Cambridge has had Keyns and Marshalls and Robinsons...many many great economists....but personally i prefer LSE's course (more flexible) but don't like to live in London...
Cambridge bloods most of the top economists, who go on to study at LSE :confused:, did Friedman go there by any chance?
HammaL
Rep:
?
Cambridge bloods most of the top economists, who go on to study at LSE :confused:, did Friedman go there by any chance?

yes Milton Friedman did go there
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

http://www.lse.ac.uk/lsehistory/index.htm

Some of them are economists', many are not (i.e. LSE's more than a school of Econ).
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
yes Milton Friedman did go there
No, Univ. of Chicago.
HammaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by J.S.)
No, Univ. of Chicago.
ahh ok , i remmeber seeing his name in LSE's website somewhere he must ve been a lecturer or something
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
ahh ok , i remmeber seeing his name in LSE's website somewhere he must ve been a lecturer or something
He's very closely associated with an Austrian fellow known as Fredrich Von Hayek. Their theories were a critique of the then ‘Keynesian consensus’. He was a prof. at the LSE, and Nobel Laureate. Ah what the hell, don't need Friedman, the alumni list for LSE over the 20th century, considering it's only a school of the social sciences is as impressive as either Oxford/Cambridge:P It's just, as someone else has said, LSE's not a particularly good teaching institution, primarily a research centre. I fully agree with that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.16%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.32%
Live streaming events (51)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.42%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.29%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.09%