edders
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!1 AGHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HAAA HAAAA

That's so funny man!

ReputationRep:
    LSE. Easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    LSE. Easily.
    yes it seems like it but then again Cambridge has had Keyns and Marshalls and Robinsons...many many great economists....but personally i prefer LSE's course (more flexible) but don't like to live in London...

ReputationRep:
    LSE. Easily.

The answer to this is well known in academic circles. For prestige anyway, Cambridge for undergraduate Econ., and LSE for it's graduate faculty in Econ (MSc/PhD). Although both are excellent either for under/postgrad study, needless to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    The answer to this is well known in academic circles. For prestige anyway, Cambridge for undergraduate Econ., and LSE for it's graduate faculty in Econ (MSc/PhD). Although both are excellent either for under/postgrad study, needless to say.
    yes LSE's more concern about research and and cambridge is more into quality of teaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    yes it seems like it but then again Cambridge has had Keyns and Marshalls and Robinsons...many many great economists....but personally i prefer LSE's course (more flexible) but don't like to live in London...
    Cambridge bloods most of the top economists, who go on to study at LSE :confused:, did Friedman go there by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge bloods most of the top economists, who go on to study at LSE :confused:, did Friedman go there by any chance?

yes Milton Friedman did go there

ReputationRep:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/lsehistory/index.htm

Some of them are economists', many are not (i.e. LSE's more than a school of Econ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    yes Milton Friedman did go there
    No, Univ. of Chicago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    No, Univ. of Chicago.
    ahh ok , i remmeber seeing his name in LSE's website somewhere he must ve been a lecturer or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    ahh ok , i remmeber seeing his name in LSE's website somewhere he must ve been a lecturer or something
    He's very closely associated with an Austrian fellow known as Fredrich Von Hayek. Their theories were a critique of the then ‘Keynesian consensus’. He was a prof. at the LSE, and Nobel Laureate. Ah what the hell, don't need Friedman, the alumni list for LSE over the 20th century, considering it's only a school of the social sciences is as impressive as either Oxford/Cambridge:P It's just, as someone else has said, LSE's not a particularly good teaching institution, primarily a research centre. I fully agree with that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.