The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Strumpet
Where are most people from your school going to? The London colleges seem to be most popular at my school (especially UCL), and the odd Oxbridge person. I'm the only one off to Durham :eek:
So where's popular with people from your school? And any subjects really popular? We have a lot of Medics!

Of the non-vocational students, there were a lot of psychologists and english students. Lots of them seemed to be going to Liverpool and Manchester, although not that many people from my college went to uni.
What's a phychologist?

:p:
-Sian-
What's a phychologist?

:p:

Typo.

:p: To you too.
Onearmedbandit
Typo.

:p: To you too.

Damn!

Mmm...algae *wants to switch course*
Bloody hell!

You girls happy now?
A lot of people applied to places like Sussex, UEA and Nottingham in my school, with a few going to Oxford.
Reply 66
I think the trend at my school seems to be either go on to Chelmsford or Uni of Herts, I dont know anyone else in my year who applied to Cardiff :frown:
Coventry is pretty popular at my school as well and the main courses people tend to be picking are law or psychology/criminology type subjects.
No-one I know in my whole year is off to Oxbridge, but then again a lot of them are going to get jobs and continue living at home. Personally i cannot WAIT to get away from this place; been here for all my 18 and a half years lol
About 35 people to imperial or hoping to at my college a couple of oxbridge people couple of UCL people including me and then some random ones. And we've got loads of engineers
there are 40 medics at my school, which is massive considering there are 120 people in my year (a third - if you do the maths :p: ). London seems popular for medics but otherwise its Nottingham, Oxford, Leeds and Birmingham.
Reply 69
PQ
Somone who studies Phycology (algae:biggrin:)

Etymologist! :p:

There's several people going to do Aeronautical Engineering in my year :confused:
Art and primary teaching are also popular.
Reply 70
mousey
Cardiff and Swansea! Everyone is going to Wales. We've got 3 that i know of going to Durham. And just me and one other in Notts. Geography is a really popular subject here. xx

Go Swansea! That's where I'm going (hopefully) to do psycholoy. At my school the majority seems to be on teaching and psychology. Most of the teachers are going to St Mary's, Twickenham
At my school, lots of people want to go to Oxford Brookes, Sussex, UEA, Cardiff and Manchester. About nine of us applied to Oxbridge, but only two were accepted, and it was exactly the same situation in the year above.
There seems to be a real mix at my school. Although, there are quite a few people that want to take business related degrees and psychology. Not many want to stay in London, there seems to be a large group of people going to Leeds Met and Manchester Met.

Latest

Trending

Trending