Why do you not eat meat? Is it because you're a selfish pig?!

Watch
Poll: Why don't you eat meat?
Because animals are cute and fluffy (16)
14.95%
Because I'm ignorant of the true consequences of my abstinence (5)
4.67%
Because I have the mental capacity of an anemone (4)
3.74%
I love meat (82)
76.64%
PorcineAviation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Why are vegetarians so selfish? You halt the natural development and evolution of animals with your abstinence, and then to assuage your guilty conscience you claim meat-eaters are in the wrong? In reality, by refusing to eat meat you create an artificial environment for animals which prevents their evolution through natural selection. The fittest don't survive, they all do, and as such you perpetuate their subservience to the human species. ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS TOO.
edanon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Benh842)
Why are vegetarians so selfish?
I know you're trolling, but i'd just like to take the time to destroy your post:

You halt the natural development and evolution of animals with your abstinence, and then to assuage your guilty conscience you claim meat-eaters are in the wrong?
Herbivors are natural.... animals have naturally not eaten meat for thousands of years. Whatever we do is natural. We have naturally evolved to not need to eat meat to survive.

In reality, by refusing to eat meat you create an artificial environment for animals which prevents their evolution through natural selection.
Evolution doesn't have a plan. Whatever happens IS it's development. Vegetarians are a part of it.

The fittest don't survive, they all do, and as such you perpetuate their subservience to the human species.
Whats wrong with everything surviving? Survival of the fittest is a result not a requirement.
wildcat123
Badges: 6
Report 12 years ago
:lolwut:

I'm vegetarian because I don't like the taste. And because I love animals. And it's my choice.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by edanon)

Herbivors are natural.... animals have naturally not eaten meat for thousands of years. Whatever we do is natural. We have naturally evolved to not need to eat meat to survive.
Thats why you're all so weak with no muscle :yep:
PorcineAviation
Rep:
?
I know you're trolling, but i'd just like to take the time to destroy your post:

Evolution doesn't have a plan. Whatever happens IS it's development. Vegetarians are a part of it.

Whats wrong with everything surviving? Survival of the fittest is a result not a requirement.
You're equally ambivalent to global warming, plastic surgery and abortion?
PJ991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This was a question in my Italian speaking test.

I said I ate meat so butchers and famers don't lose their jobs, and that it tastes nice.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood the question, but I stand by what I said.
edanon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
Granted i'm pretty unhealthy and it's hard to find decent food because i'm not only a vege, i'm fussy... and i hate vege **** as much as your average meat eater.
ONEMORETRY
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
you're an idiot.
people have the right to choose if they want to be vegetarian.
I am because I don't believe in eating anything I couldn't kill myself with my own two hands.
I hate meat eaters who don't have the courage to kill the animals they eat themeselves.
magicmuffin15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wildcat123)
:lolwut:

I'm vegetarian because I don't like the taste. And because I love animals. And it's my choice.
This :yep:
The Fat Controller
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why are vegetarians so selfish? You halt the natural development and evolution of animals with your abstinence, and then to assuage your guilty conscience you claim meat-eaters are in the wrong? In reality, by refusing to eat meat you create an artificial environment for animals which prevents their evolution through natural selection. The fittest don't survive, they all do, and as such you perpetuate their subservience to the human species. ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS TOO.
Even if your argument did make any sense, it would be easily countered by the fact that the meat industry doesn't promote natural selection among animals :rolleyes:
edanon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're equally ambivalent to global warming, plastic surgery and abortion?
I don't follow.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
Granted, it would be hard to get muscles like body builders, but as a vegetarian, I'm just as muscley as the people who eat meat and do a similar level of exercise - I'm not distinguishable from them and people are surprised when I say I'm a vegetarian (probably because they have the same stereotypes as you, small and weak with pasty skin).
PorcineAviation
Rep:
?
(Original post by ONEMORETRY)
you're an idiot.
I am because I don't believe in eating anything I couldn't kill myself with my own two hands.
I hate meat eaters who don't have the courage to kill the animals they eat themeselves.
Grow your own vegetables then?
Dispose of your own sewage?
Built your own house?
PorcineAviation
Rep:
?
I don't follow.
By your logic they're all natural.

I hope you chose the anemone category.
oldrafiki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, because by eating a cow that comes from an intensive farm that was marked down to be slaughtered for a meat from the moment it was born you're really buying into the whole 'survival of the fittest' system of evolution. it's not like you're out there in the woods chasing deer with a spear is it?
edanon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ONEMORETRY)
you're an idiot.
I'm a vegetarian and i think vegetarians who think like this are idiots who get caught up in emotive crap that actually doesn't have any logic.

Why do you need the courage to kill an animal to be able to eat it? What? Why?

People have the freedom to eat things they didn't kill so they do... why not?
PorcineAviation
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Fat Controller)
Even if your argument did make any sense, it would be easily countered by the fact that the meat industry doesn't promote natural selection among animals :rolleyes:
Yes it does. The clever ones escape. See Chicken Run for details.
PorcineAviation
Rep:
?
(Original post by oldrafiki)
yeah, because by eating a cow that comes from an intensive farm that was marked down to be slaughtered for a meat from the moment it was born you're really buying into the whole 'survival of the fittest' system of evolution. it's not like you're out there in the woods chasing deer with a spear is it?
No, I took a rifle. I think it's of human construct.
acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-PP-61jqY

Who wouldn't want to eat meat after watching that?
jen_biochem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
why are you so selfish? If everbody became vegetarian, there would be enough food to go around for everyone. there would be no food crisis like there is now.

ehm..are you saying that meat eaters leave the fittest animals to survive and eat all the ill dying ones?:yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads