Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    an evening service at about 5 ... the catholics have vespers as a equivalent.

Its basically a sung service consisting of hymns (some sung by choir and some by all) and prayers and usually a couple of short readings.. its a couple of hours long and a good way to hear the college choirs and see their chapels.

A weekday evensong shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so, often less. Even on Sundays with a sermon it only lasts about an hour .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan)
    A weekday evensong shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so, often less. Even on Sundays with a sermon it only lasts about an hour .
    sorry i meant an hour... lol i go to st pauls quite regular so thats just me typoping incorrectly... goes back to edit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    my last day is a week on friday :mad:
    blo*dy hell! when are your exmans? Ill have had zillions over by then

ReputationRep:
    umm AS general is on 23 and then the ones that matter are from 15th till 29th of june

ReputationRep:
    wow. that's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)
    wow. that's amazing.
    what my exam dates... no its depressing... i know about enough to get E's in them... which would be fine but my offer says AAB

that and i avoid work by sitting on here :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)
    lol true, we had our last day thing the other day- tea with the headmistress(!) and all the fools were crying (except me- i am an unemotional rock.)

We got pissed in a nearby pub, the Headmistress got out of a cab on the road below, I had to be restrained from flashing her from the pub's terrace, she gave a quick glance and wave before not looking back as she walked to the school....

I'll stick it to her yet..... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't leave for a fortnight either, and my first exam is a week on Monday, AND it's a proper, scary, real one!

ReputationRep:
    I left school a week early beacue my 1st exam was so stupidly early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Have you guys checked the graduation wear yet? I need to wear a white bowtie for it... if I ever get around to graduate.
    Don't forget the bands and the fluffy hood!

(Original post by Zebedee Funk)
    Nope....haven;t thought that far ahead yet!! I suspect normal black tie white shirt will apply though.....we graduate through the "gate of honour"......exciting!! :p:
    Not a dress shirt though, plain shirt and black or very dark dinner jacket or lounge suit.

Meh, I'm supersticious(sp?) I have none of this stuff sorted out yet, I haven't taken the exams to decide if I'm going to pass yet!

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Have you guys checked the graduation wear yet? I need to wear a white bowtie for it... if I ever get around to graduate.
    meh, that's practically everyday wear here - matriculation, all university exams as well as graduation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stewie)
    Thanks, I had no idea it depended on College, I always assumed there were set rules/regulations

You'll quickly find that everything depends on the college in a collegiate (as opposed to a centralized) university; the colleges are for the most part autonomous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    don't leave for a fortnight either, and my first exam is a week on Monday, AND it's a proper, scary, real one!
    Me too. is it P3?

Out of curiousity. do people wear the white shirt/black skirt thing for the martriculation dinner as well? I was hoping to wear a pretty dress/nice skirt and top...

...ooh and the topic of formal halling...anyone interested in Trinity? (for next year lol)

ReputationRep:
    i'll trade a jesus for a trinity

ReputationRep:
    deal
    (in theological term what you just said sounds funny, whatever happend to the Father and Holy Ghost?!)

ReputationRep:
    pah i'll get to kings and corpus

ReputationRep:
    nono, you're very welcome at Trinity, i'm in a nice mood, have some rep, you make me laugh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    nono, you're very welcome at Trinity, i'm in a nice mood, have some rep, you make me laugh!!
    lol, thanks... i am aiming to be a non-boatie and make it to all the college formals :rolleyes: not sure it can be done but i'll bloody try

ReputationRep:
    Excellent. I'm a non-athlete as well, I try to steer well away from any boatie talk.

ReputationRep:
    what subject are you up for btw?

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.