Eton Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bunkam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is a great difference between tradition and new-fangled-mutual masterbation crap
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LondonBoy)
Eton isnt that academic at all, compared to other public schools. We get in about 33% a year, and even at Harrow and Winchester they usually get more in.

for figures, goto www.tatler.co.uk, click on the school guide, and it gives you the % for each public school.

Edit: not that tatler counts for anything, social climbing bs.
how nice my old school is in there ...it lists us as 28% for oxbridge, though in my year (i finished alevs in '04), something like 47/79 got in, higher than a 50pc success rate! though i dont know what it was for this year.
We also seemto have a higher success rate for oxb than the boys school (they only have 21%)...this obviously proves girls are better than boys.

When/if i have kids, my old school is definatley one of the places i shall be considering for them.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (114)
46.34%
Pro-humanity (132)
53.66%