Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
You know nothing.

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure...pecies/121.htm

Starmie has some of the best stats.

Starmie is indeed weak to electric types, but then why would you put a water type in against an electric type, or keep it in against one? :confused:
Well, i may not be the best at the game, but i know alot.
And from my experience, it only takes one electric attack most of the time to knock a water 'mon out, so there isn't really much choice in the matter usually.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Surely Blastoise was a superb Pokemon.

Strong, reliable, didn't die easily, very good powers, and a water pokemon as well.

Hydro Pump was superb.
Well yes, i know that. Blastiose was pretty good (although it didn't often make it onto my team), but, as i said, electricity was obviously its weak point, and i find that most players have alot of 'mon using electric attacks.
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)

Strong, reliable, didn't die easily, very good powers, and a water pokemon as well.

Hydro Pump was superb.
Blastoise was OK, however Starmie is better because it can learn water moves, electric moves (thunderwave and thunderbolt), ice and even psychic. It also learns recover naturally. It is an incredibly powerful pokemon - it is much faster than most pokemon, and will generally hold it's own against anything.

If it comes up against a an electric type, i'd swap out to a rhydon or something. :rolleyes:
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Well, i may not be the best at the game, but i know alot.
And from my experience, it only takes one electric attack most of the time to knock a water 'mon out, so there isn't really much choice in the matter usually.
Slowbro is the best water 'mon, followed by Starmie. Simple as.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blastoise was OK, however Starmie is better because it can learn water moves, electric moves (thunderwave and thunderbolt), ice and even psychic. It also learns recover naturally. It is an incredibly powerful pokemon - it is much faster than most pokemon, and will generally hold it's own against anything.

If it comes up against a an electric type, i'd swap out to a rhydon or something. :rolleyes:
Well, my style was to keep them in there as much as possible, unless there was obvious weakness, so thats why i wouldn't personally choose it.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Hydro Pump was superb.

EDIT: But that was the normal pokemon, the best Pokemon was Mewtwo!!!

Mewtwo on Gameboy rocked.

I also had a friend who's dad owned a gameshop, and in the japanese gameboy version they had mew - but he was really rare.

Luckily, there was a method to transfer Mew onto the normal gameboy me and my friend had (UK Version) and my pokemon battle time was as follows:

Blastoise - Everything to max.
Charizard - Everything to max.
Zapdos - Everything to max.
Mewtwo - Everything to max.
Mew - Everything to max.

I never lost a game, ever.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Slowbro is the best water 'mon, followed by Starmie. Simple as.
Well, i'd disagree. Slowbro is good, i agree. But i was always a fan of Gyarados myself.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)

Hydro Pump was superb.

EDIT: But that was the normal pokemon, the best Pokemon was Mewtwo!!!

Mewtwo on Gameboy rocked.

I also had a friend who's dad owned a gameshop, and in the japanese gameboy version they had mew - but he was really rare.

Luckily, there was a method to transfer Mew onto the normal gameboy me and my friend had (UK Version) and my pokemon battle time was as follows:

Blastoise - Everything to max.
Charizard - Everything to max.
Zapdos - Everything to max.
Mewtwo - Everything to max.
Mew - Everything to max.

I never lost a game, ever.
Even though you were only using 5 mon?
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Even though you were only using 5 mon?
I never, ever got to use more than 3 pokemon.

My team was simply the best, it had the best Pokemon, at max. everything, with the best moves.

Mewtwo.
Mew
Blastoise

Were my first 3.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I never, ever got to use more than 3 pokemon.

My team was simply the best, it had the best Pokemon, at max. everything, with the best moves.

Mewtwo.
Mew
Blastoise

Were my first 3.
Looks like you never dueled a real opponent then.
My mate had Mewtwo and Mew in his team, and i decimated them.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Looks like you never dueled a real opponent then.
My mate had Mewtwo and Mew in his team, and i decimated them.
No, I had played good opponents, but my pokemon were truly immense.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
No, I had played good opponents, but my pokemon were truly immense.
Well if they couldn't beat your first three, then they couldn't have been that good.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, i'd disagree. Slowbro is good, i agree. But i was always a fan of Gyarados myself.
Gyrados is 4x weak to electric and 2x weak to ice.

There are much better pokemon available with better stats, better movesets and less weaknesses.

Come to http://porygon.math.miami.edu:7137/ sign-up, enter your team and have an online battle with me. I'll be in there under "dazmanultra".

Should be fun!
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I forgot to mention Exeggutor, he's also seriously good with the right moveset.

Most common moveset is probably leech seed/double edge/solar beam and then either stun spore or sleep powder.
Lamb Chop
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
ohh, wow, i didn't hear bout them, sounds cool, me an a couple of m8ts are pokefans, 1 likes eeveelutions, i like psycics and dragons, one is just well rounded, and the other is just a git who won't actually buy the games, he just gets the emulaters!
you probably dont realise how sad you all are why dont you all get a life
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lamb Chop)
Pokemon is actually a very enjoyable RPG game, it's seriously deep, and can get very complicated. If you don't like it, fair enough, but don't **** off others who do - they're not harming anyone. Personal attacks really aren't welcome on this forum.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lamb Chop)
Pokemon is more popular than you relise. When the new games came out, Ruby and Saphire, they sold over a million copys.
Ryoku
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
leaf green and fire red will be cool, going through kanto again, in full colour! Oh yeah, in blue i had 2 Mewtwo, the three legendary birds and i forget the last one i had (spot the mewtwo fan).
In silver i had more common pokemon, but i've forgotten which.
In Ruby i have Flygon, Salamance,Absol, Mightyena,Metacross and my Blaziken, but she's just untill i find a way to get a mewtwo on the game!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
leaf green and fire red will be cool, going through kanto again, in full colour! Oh yeah, in blue i had 2 Mewtwo, the three legendary birds and i forget the last one i had (spot the mewtwo fan).
In silver i had more common pokemon, but i've forgotten which.
In Ruby i have Flygon, Salamance,Absol, Mightyena,Metacross and my Blaziken, but she's just untill i find a way to get a mewtwo on the game!
a fellow games fan. Which one are you going to get. Fire Red or Leaf Green.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Somebody come and fight at http://porygon.math.miami.edu:7137/ i'm bored!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads