The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If you heat lime (not the fruit!), with say, a blowtorch, it gives off a very bright light (think burning magnesium and you're half way there). They used to use this fact to make spotlights for theatres, hence the phrase "in the lime light!"

Sticking your index-and middle fingers up at someone as a sign of defiance dates back to the years of the longbow, where the French just loved to cut those finger's off of Brits so they couldn't make use of the weapon. The gesture thus was born, meaning, basically: "Look here you Frenchy, I've got my two fingers here, I can still kill you with my trusty longbow, mwahahahahah"
Reply 41
If you heat a jelly baby over a bunsen burner it gives off a very bright white light and makes a screaming noise!
tiger_babe
If you heat a jelly baby over a bunsen burner it gives off a very bright white light and makes a screaming noise!

Remove the word "jelly", and it still works just as well.
Reply 43
:eek: thats horrible :eek:
Life is horrible.
Sometimes.
Reply 45
Quantophrenia
Life is horrible.
Sometimes.

Lol fair enough. I agree after being thumped 6-0 by Fulham yesterday :bawling:
Reply 46
:hahaha:
Pseudonymity
Remove the word "jelly", and it still works just as well.

lolz :laugh:
Quantophrenia
Life is horrible.

It's good to see others sharing my outlook. Soon, they'll all see. And they'll know we're right...
tiger_babe
Lol fair enough. I agree after being thumped 6-0 by Fulham yesterday :bawling:

Aww. :redface:

It was always gonna be an uphill task. =\

Remember the good times. E.g. Norwich 2-0 Man Utd....or Delia's half time speech. =)
Reply 49
Quantophrenia
Life is horrible.
Sometimes.

I guess you're having a tough time with it
Janealams
I guess you're having a tough time with it

Nah. My life's great atm. :cool:
Reply 51
Quantophrenia
Aww. :redface:

It was always gonna be an uphill task. =\

Remember the good times. E.g. Norwich 2-0 Man Utd....or Delia's half time speech. =)

None of the fans knew what had happened, it was only the next day when it got in the papers that everyone understood what she said.

It was a long journey back with plenty of tears I have to say.
Reply 52
Felicity
Cat's urine glows under a blacklight.

Black light doesnt exist :confused:
Reply 53
Pseudonymity
It's good to see others sharing my outlook. Soon, they'll all see. And they'll know we're right...

its a test from God if you make good use of it you'll end with countless gifts.
dont curse life your weakness
Reply 54
Quantophrenia
Nah. My life's great atm. :cool:

still you think its horrible :rolleyes:
Reply 55
Cortez
Black light doesnt exist :confused:

what :rolleyes:
Reply 56
Janealams
what :rolleyes:

How do you make black light?
Janealams
I know theres already a thread like this just wanted to change the title
Did You Know?

As the starter of the 'thread like this', I challenge you to a contest. Whoever can find the most interesting random fact wins. We should carry on finding some, and when you think you have found a really good one, send it to me via Private messaging. I'll then start a poll to see if people think my fact or yours is most amusing. That is, if your not too afraid to lose...

Make sure your fact is true, as i've had quite a few false rumors posted in mine.
Cortez

Did you know?
Reply 59
Cortez

wats so difficult abt that
simple just turn off the lights :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending