Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    'Woohoo look at me I got 4 A's at AS doing less work than at GCSEs arent I good'

Yeh brilliant, go brag to someone who cares dude. Concentrate on how you do and not how everyone else does, because to put it bluntly, no one gives a **** how you did.

ReputationRep:
    It's weird with me. I got 4A* 5A and 2B for GCSE which I think is amazing. I only managed to get BBBBC for my AS-levels. I worked really hard for them and that's what I got. It's no wonder I didn't get into med school this year. But I did work hard, and now I am working even harder trying to get those B's up to A's, but I'm finding it really hard.

Not being egoistical or anything, but I'm the kind of guy who is pretty good at most things. I'm not amazing at anything in particular, but can do a whole range of things pretty well. This is probably why I'm not doing as well as people think I should be at A-level. They are so indepth for each individual subject, and I just cant hack it! University will be a scary place! That is even more indepth!! Argh!!

I also was "advised" to do certain A-levels to get into Med school (ie, Maths and Physics) which I despise and am not doing very well in. I wanted to do Music and French, but was told not to. Maybe if I had done those, I would have gotten better marks. You never know, stranger things have happened.

Exams suck. That's all I can think at the moment. Evil things! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, its wierd how it goes, igot 1A, 2B's 7C's and a D at GCSE, which i didn't work for at all, and at As, i got bloody 2D's and 2 U's how rude is that, i didn't deserve it, as i thought i worked quite hard, but the next year i then did ok, you know in the january resits to i can't complain

ReputationRep:
    my cousin got 10 A* for gcse (i know - wow) and AAAAAA at maths, further maths, chem, history and english lit, and is know studdying at oxford at history!

I think its because of the lesser subjects to concentrate on

ReputationRep:
    and bio - sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    How come many ppl have had like amazing GCSE grades...i.e 8a* 3A....and then only managed AAAB at AS level? i got 6A 3B at GCSE....and AAAAB at AS level...but worked a hell of a lot harder for GCSEs.........
    Because at AS Level the class sizes are smaller and people are generally more bothered about their education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    and bio - sorry
    6 Full A-Levels, and 6 very academic ones at that? Bloody hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    my cousin got 10 A* for gcse (i know - wow) and AAAAAA at maths, further maths, chem, history and english lit, and is know studdying at oxford at history!

I think its because of the lesser subjects to concentrate on
    Nice, and you did other things such as work experience, clubs etc as well I believe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Nice, and you did other things such as work experience, clubs etc as well I believe?
    It was the cousin who got those grades.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh well, same question applies.

ReputationRep:
    i never had the chance to do GCSE's or even go to yr11
    ...i think im lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i never had the chance to do GCSE's or even go to yr11
    ...i think im lucky
    yeah really lucky :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... for me I worked consistently all through my two gcse years but didnt do any revision and got 1*,7A, 1B. Didn't work through AS year, and for whatever reason did not work my hardest and got AABC, in phys bio french chem. need AAA this year or else im screwed so retaking all my chem and should be working my ass off right now!

ReputationRep:
    Quote : Nice, and you did other things such as work experience, clubs etc as well I believe?

She did duke of edinborough gold award

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.