Size 12...to Size 8...

Watch
electro_girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok I am a size 12 at the moment and although I know that this size is not fat or anything I really want to be a size 8! (Don't we all I hear you all say!:p: ) I have been skipping everyday for about half an hour and I walk alot I also use a 3kg dumbell to try and tone my arms. Thing is I seem to have hit a wall, I dont seem to be losing any weight?! I am really frustrated!!!:mad:

Help pleaseeeee!!!!

Oh and before anyone says anything I eat healthily too
BumperBo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
skipping...
electro_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by BumperBo)
skipping...
lol with a skipping rope
ChaoticMaster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Count your calories. Count the carbs, protein and fat you get in each day and in each meal. Do a HIIT work out with skipping. 30 secs fast skip then 30 secs slow skip then 30 secs fast the 30 secs slow and so on for 20 minutes. If doing it properly you won't be able to do more than 20 minutes. Get bigger dumbbells, 3kg won't do much for you unless your stupidly weak. And you can't 'tone' as such. You build muscle and burn off fat. You need bigger dumbbells to build up muscle as I said.

Also it would help if you gave an example of what you eat in a day. Can give more advice then.
danny111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
and what you drink.

losing weight is a battle. you need to push yourself to the limit during exercise and resisting sweets and the like. and when you look in the mirror and you like what you see you have lost.

in the words of dr cox. "hate your body".
electro_girl
Rep:
?
I wake up and have tea and a piece of chicken and then maybe a sandwich and for dinner rice and a boiled egg and mashed potatoes! I drink water during exercise and pepsi other times (bad i know)

aaarargh its not like im fat its just i REALLY want to be slimmer! I thought it would be easier than this!!!
munn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
3kg dumbbell pft get it up to something that actually works
danny111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by electro_girl)
I wake up and have tea and a piece of chicken and then maybe a sandwich and for dinner rice and a boiled egg and mashed potatoes! I drink water during exercise and pepsi other times (bad i know)

aaarargh its not like im fat its just i REALLY want to be slimmer! I thought it would be easier than this!!!
pepsi otherwise. that is it. unless its like the calorie/sugar free one, drinking this stuff really adds to your calorie amount and sugar amount.

i think pepsi would have about 200 calories for 500ml bottle. im sure u drink at least that during a day, otherwise ud also be drinking too little. and those 200 just add up. if u skip for half an hour u lose prolly 400-600 calories, so 1/2 - 1/3 of ur exercise is rendered useless just by that one pepsi.

get rid of it.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

A piece of chicken for breakfast? An egg for dinner? Interesting.
electro_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by danny111)
pepsi otherwise. that is it. unless its like the calorie/sugar free one, drinking this stuff really adds to your calorie amount and sugar amount.

i think pepsi would have about 200 calories for 500ml bottle. im sure u drink at least that during a day, otherwise ud also be drinking too little. and those 200 just add up. if u skip for half an hour u lose prolly 400-600 calories, so 1/2 - 1/3 of ur exercise is rendered useless just by that one pepsi.

get rid of it.
thanks, will do. im swigging from a bottle of water right now!!:woo:
electro_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by la fille danse)
hah i was wondering when someone would mention this. I am a weirdo
Jarexi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I understand you completly, im size 12 (GAH) and i already excercise tons, don't eat major carbs (rice, bread, cereal etc) and i usually eat under 800 cals cause i guess i have a small appetite? Anyways i would love to lose weight but im gunna have to but serious effort into it to acheive that =p. Anyway goodluck to you.
SSshrinky
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you eat too little then your body will go into 'starvation' mode, and then you end up making more fat than you did before...

It's best to have 3 balanced meals a day. 1 piece of chicken and an egg? You can't live like that long term. :s

Good luck
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Make sure you're eating enough - what you're eating is the right food, but if you're body goes below 1500 calories a day, you'll begin to struggle, because it will just store everything I can
Make sure you're not holding water by eating foods with high salt content
Drink milk and eat other dairy products, as the calcium helps aid prevention of the absorption of fat
And drink lots and lots of water - avoid fizzy drinks at all costs, not only do they have lots of calories but they also bloat you up
Good luck!
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Do you mean you have tea and a piece of chicken for breakfast and then maybe a sandwich for lunch or you have tea, a piece of chicken and then maybe a sandwich all for lunch?

I think portion sizes maybe be your issue here.. :holmes:
Also pepsi = not good for weight loss.

Cut out fizzy crap altogether.

Get a good HIIT workout :dontknow:
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by la fille danse)
I agree.

I was at least hoping for some type of wholewheat cereal to be mentioned, but nevermind...

Also OP you need to realise that this is going to take a long time, you can't just magically wave a wand and reach your goal in only a few weeks. This will take longer so I think if you want to be a size 8 then you'll have to change your lifestyle choices too. And eat a proper breakfast! x
AngelofPeace
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
Count your calories, drink lots of water, plenty of fibre, avoid saturated fats and snacks, regular exercise. Eat breakfast and try to cut out any snacks in between meals. Try not to eat after around 8 at night cos this Japanese study thing said your body can put more weight on then?? Don't know if it's true but my Japanese friend is super skinny and she eats like crazy. Dunno how she does it.
Plath89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok I am a size 12 at the moment and although I know that this size is not fat or anything I really want to be a size 8! (Don't we all I hear you all say!:p: ) I have been skipping everyday for about half an hour and I walk alot I also use a 3kg dumbell to try and tone my arms. Thing is I seem to have hit a wall, I dont seem to be losing any weight?! I am really frustrated!!!:mad:

Help pleaseeeee!!!!

Oh and before anyone says anything I eat healthily too
Hey, i'm in pretty much the same position. Well, with my frame i'm more aiming for a size 8-10, but to be slimmer and healthier before I start uni even though i'm not overweight to start with.

I would recommend glamourdiets.com, it helps you track your calories easily and gives you a sustainable daily calorie and exersice target. I'm also keeping a blog on the "fitness blog," section of this TSR forum to keep myself motivated.

Oh, and if you google "from couch to 5k," you'll find a great basic fitness plan which I find is working really well for me, and I am not a fitness person at all nonono.

xxx
MR.PINK
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wholy F#ck size 12!!!
jesus christ girl!!!
Lady_KaKa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

So for dinner you eat rice, boiled egg and mashed potatoes? That's 2 lots of carbs, which would not be conducive to you losing weight.
I suggest swapping one of them for quite a generous amount of vegetables (but make sure you cook them without using oil or butter), and reducing the amount of carbs.
Try eating a salad (with no dressing) for lunch instead of a sandwich.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.32%
I'm not sure (3)
2.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (41)
32.28%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (58)
45.67%

Watched Threads