The Student Room Group

A-Level in two months.

Just thought give all those who haven't got/don't get their A-level results that there is still hope!

I've been at Bath University for the last year, I've been doing well, been getting good grades etc. Sadly I've been in the wrong degree. I decided I wanted to be studying at Exeter on a slight change of course. One of the entrance requirements was a Geography A-level so back in April I decided I'd give it a bash.

I've been studying/courseworking for just over two months now and have my last exam tomorrow. It hasn't been easy to do it at the same time as my degree! I've deliberately tried not to sound like I'm showing off, just trying to get the word out that its possible to change direction! We all change our minds occasionally and realise we want to go in a different direction right? Just do it! All A-levels are available to enter yourself as an independent candidate through your old college.

Cheers guys.

Sam
That sounds like hard work!...what grade are you hoping to get?
I didn't know you could apply for a undergraduate course at another university while doing a degree at another uni. (if that makes any sense!)
good luck for your exam tommorow.
Reply 2
Geography is definitely a good subject to learn in a short space of time. Its an 'acedemic' A level which is very interesting, and not too hard.

I've done it for 2 years and have recently felt that most people could easily learn the whole AS+A2 course in 1 year or less.

If you're good at English, and can write good essays, its a doddle.

So good luck in your last exam.. you'll be fine! :smile:

Latest