Young, free, and single, - alright for some? What does he mean Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I saw a text on boyfriend phone’s to his mate Joe, he asked Joe if he had a girlfriend yet. Joe answered back with ‘no, I’m young, free, and single’. My boyfriend then replied ‘alright for some. Don’t tell the misses that tho”. does anyone know in what way this was meant? Like did he mean, he wished he was ‘young, free’ and single’? or was it just a saying? :confused:
queenselphie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
I saw a text on boyfriend phone’s to his mate Joe, he asked Joe if he had a girlfriend yet. Joe answered back with ‘no, I’m young, free, and single’. My boyfriend then replied ‘alright for some. Don’t tell the misses that tho”. does anyone know in what way this was meant? Like did he mean, he wished he was ‘young, free’ and single’? or was it just a saying? :confused:

sorry, sounds like he was making a joke at your expense. Saying he wishes he wasnt tied down and could go out and act like he was single :rolleyes: some people dont appreicate a good thing when they have it, and some have to say these things so they appear tough, even when they are actually happy with you. I wouldnt be pleased. Its not nice to make you the butt of this joke.
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's just a throwaway comment. Don't make a big deal of it.
SilverWings
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
It's just a throwaway comment. Don't make a big deal of it.
I agree... its a joke...
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SilverWings)
I agree... its a joke...
:dito:

let it go.
lost_puppy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think he's just trying to make his mate feel better saying it's a good hting.

I don't think he'd say I'm in a relationship so you're **** to him.
Ferret_messiah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He wants to have sex with strangers in seedy motels, while dressed as Boris Yeltsin. It's always the same.
shazzam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ferret_messiah)
He wants to have sex with strangers in seedy motels, while dressed as Boris Yeltsin. It's always the same.
they're all the same!
Herleif
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hes JOKING, dont read to much into it.

Please don't get mad at him
kateington
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Will he be mad that you read his text messages? Surely if it's common place for you two to read each others' phones then he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave that in his sent messages if he really meant it.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think "joking" is exactly the right word, but he's not serious. Blokes in relationships all occasionally wish they could still go out "on the pull", but it doesn't really mean anything so don't worry about it. My best mate says things like that all the time, and he's been with his girlfriend for over 2 years and is still crazy about her.
ciara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
This is a typical blokey thing to do. Even if he completely adores you and would weep for ages if you dumped him, he would NEVER admit this to his mates. Much better to act all casual and pretend he doesn't care. Think nothing of it.

Also, "the misses"?? Give him a slap!
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Absolutely! Everyone knows it's spelled "missus"!
ciara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
Absolutely! Everyone knows it's spelled "missus"!
Or maybe he did mean misses and is having an affair..
Pseudonymity
Report 13 years ago
In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter? Every relationship ends eventually.
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah maybe he did mean that because at least then he wouldn't have someone poking through his messages :rolleyes:
Dipsomaniac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Only someone with an avatar of Marvin the paranoid android could make such a post! lol!
Dipsomaniac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But seriously... Really don't read too much into it whatsoever... It is just a throwaway remark which means nothing... There is no point fretting about it whatsoever!
Hayley_2k4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Butterfly)
Yeah maybe he did mean that because at least then he wouldn't have someone poking through his messages :rolleyes:
we always read each others messages :p:
Hayley_2k4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dipsomaniac)
But seriously... Really don't read too much into it whatsoever... It is just a throwaway remark which means nothing... There is no point fretting about it whatsoever!
thanks
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads