Turn on thread page Beta

meeting deadlines watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi! i've jsut had a carreers course and they mentioned about my "inability" to meet deadlines.
    Has anyone got any tips as to how i can change this so I can meet deadlines ( for homework and stuff)
    Lyd
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by giddylid1)
    hi! i've jsut had a carreers course and they mentioned about my "inability" to meet deadlines.
    Has anyone got any tips as to how i can change this so I can meet deadlines ( for homework and stuff)
    Lyd
    Why exactly do you miss deadlines? Do you just not get down to work quickly enough? Aren't you motivated to work? Do you work so slowly you find you don't have enough time? Or are you like me and only really motivated by pressure....in which case:

When you get something set ask your teacher (or your tutor or your parents or anyone who you're a little bit scared about disappointing) to set an earlier deadline for you...a few days or a week before. Then you will have the pressure to produce the work well in advance of the real deadline and you get extra time to redraft/correct any mistakes.

Other than that just do what I did and work your arse off when the pressure is on, I've never once missed a deadline in spite of being completely disorganised. My dissertation was finished at 11pm the night before the deadline and was printed out by midnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Why exactly do you miss deadlines? Do you just not get down to work quickly enough? Aren't you motivated to work? Do you work so slowly you find you don't have enough time? Or are you like me and only really motivated by pressure....in which case:

When you get something set ask your teacher (or your tutor or your parents or anyone who you're a little bit scared about disappointing) to set an earlier deadline for you...a few days or a week before. Then you will have the pressure to produce the work well in advance of the real deadline and you get extra time to redraft/correct any mistakes.

Other than that just do what I did and work your arse off when the pressure is on, I've never once missed a deadline in spite of being completely disorganised. My dissertation was finished at 11pm the night before the deadline and was printed out by midnight.
    basically i think have too much on, but everyone else is coping. I feel really bad about it cos I know everyone thinks i'm useless
    Lyd

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.