I hear voices when I'm high Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have recently started to hear voices sometimes when I smoke weed. Its quite weird, and I think it happens because I'm paranoid. Like the other week I was on the train and had my headphones in and imagined that the people sitting opposite me were taking about me. Apart from this I think i'm perfectly sane, the only thing is i'm scared that soon I might not be able to tell the difference between reality and these imaginay voices.

Has anyone had this before...I don't think it's that much of a big deal..yet, but can anyone give me some advice/ stories

I'm definately going to stop smoking weed for a while.

Thanks everyone x
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
You're alright. I hear voices all the time, high or not! I've got issues!
Jiktori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really have any constructive input, but that is rather cool.
punktopia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not paranoia, they're definitely talking about you. Suspect everyone.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How about stopping smoking the weed?

Sorry if that's a ridiculous suggestion..
Major Spoiler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're probably just picking up radio interference from a government spy satellite.

Which means they're onto you.

Run.
j.rawr
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
buy better weed
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's your brain saying "get me out of this retard".
Anonymous #3
Report 10 years ago
It happened to me once, pretty scary. I don't do it anymore after i had a rather weird turn and ended up punching my best friend in the face
ToomanyManz
Report 10 years ago
skitzo
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe.... because your high??

Or:

:iiam:
Snore
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Actual voices heard out loud in your head could possibly point to predisposition to schizophrenia, which more and more studies indicate can be triggered and then exacerbated by weed. Which is probs best avoided.
kingtoke
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have recently started to hear voices sometimes when I smoke weed. Its quite weird, and I think it happens because I'm paranoid. Like the other week I was on the train and had my headphones in and imagined that the people sitting opposite me were taking about me. Apart from this I think i'm perfectly sane, the only thing is i'm scared that soon I might not be able to tell the difference between reality and these imaginay voices.

Has anyone had this before...I don't think it's that much of a big deal..yet, but can anyone give me some advice/ stories

I'm definitely going to stop smoking weed for a while.

Thanks everyone x
Mate that's the first signs of schizophernia. Stop toking now! If you are predisposed to mental health problems then it could bring on an episode. In most people this isn't the case, but you will regret it for the rest of your life if you don't stop and then end up developing the condition.

I like to get high, but it is not worth it if you start hearing voices and becoming paranoid all the time. Definitely stop for a few months and if you feel like toking up in the future then keep it to small ammounts and not regularly
project_natal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I smoked weed for two years, 7 days a week. I can tell you it will only get worse. I've now been drug free for 7 months =] I used to get really paranoid and have panic attacks and nearly dropped out of school. Then I wised up for my AS levels and it was the best thing I ever done.! How often do you smoke it? And what do you buy dope or grass. I found that smoking grass made me a lot more trippy and paranoid. I'm so glad that life is behind me tbh!
Roo23
Report 10 years ago
It's happend to me like once/twice when high, i don't see it as hearing voices, it's just seems my brains more aware of what actually's going on, it's like my brains in third person view assesing everything in the scenario and then talking about it in my mind... Pretty Mucked up.
sandro
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Like nabokov, I get that just before I get to sleep sometimes, when I'm half-dreaming. Never had it on cannabis. Did someone lace your drugs with PCP - that happens occasionally in london
Bong-Bong
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ToomanyManz)
skitzo
Schizo.
lekky
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cannabis enduced psychosis? You have no idea how many friends of mine have gone literally psychotic from prolonged smoking of cannabis...

... stop smoking weed. srsly.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by project_natal)
I smoked weed for two years, 7 days a week. I can tell you it will only get worse. I've now been drug free for 7 months =] I used to get really paranoid and have panic attacks and nearly dropped out of school. Then I wised up for my AS levels and it was the best thing I ever done.! How often do you smoke it? And what do you buy dope or grass. I found that smoking grass made me a lot more trippy and paranoid. I'm so glad that life is behind me tbh!
I used to smoke about once a week for two years before september, then I stopped, but then started again at the start of the spring and was smoking everyday without fail until the start of my exams a few weeks ago. Usually it's normal weed, somtimes skunk.
Dijobla
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are someone who shouldn't be smoking weed. It's a some can, some can't kind of situation. Most people are fine, some people get ****** up.
X
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (175)
24.07%
Pop (180)
24.76%
Jazz (29)
3.99%
Classical (42)
5.78%