The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think you can leave it off, but then they wont give you an offer depending on it. It would probably be worth checking if the unis and courses you are applying for do accept it. In which case you could put it on, and they probably wont mind to much about a low grade in that if your other subjects are ok.
i'm sure your supposed to put grades on even if you get a U
Reply 3
I dont know - I know key skills might be different, but I was told I didnt have to put that down. My college made me take it, but the unis i applied to didnt want it, so I never did any work for it, just concentrated on my other subjects. So I just left it of my form, I thought you could leave things off, but then they wont take it into account later if you do well in it and then want them to include it it an offer. I could be totally wrong though, prehaps check with your school/colleges person who deals with UCAS forms.
Reply 4
You even put the U's on. Otherwise they might ignore your application and pick up someone's who told the truth, even if it might not be helpful or straight A's. Can't hurt to tell the truth. If you lie it says they get you done or at least don't offer you a place due to fraud.
Reply 5
really? even though you can refuse to disclose all of your grades? (I think you can anyway)
Reply 6
The Colonel
i'm sure your supposed to put grades on even if you get a U

There is no requirement to enter 'U' grades on one's UCAS application. U grades are 'unclassified' and are not certificated - therfore it is as though the exam was never taken - thank the Lord! :wink:
Reply 7
It depends whether your college/institution has cashed in the AS grades I think... General studies is supposed to be a doddle though isnt it? To be honest... I dont tihnk many unis will care if you havent done particular well in G Studies... and it shouldnt affect their opinion of you if you have 4 other good AS levels.
Reply 8
For us, we have to include all grades. If the AS is declined, you don't put it in.
Reply 9
As of this year, all universities have acces to the main database with all of your module marks and grades for both GCSEs and GCE A-levels, hence, if you leave it off, they can find out about it - much better to just put them on.
Reply 10
ok, cool. thanks everyone! guess i better go revisse for general studies then! :smile:

btw daaavo, those are some seriously good grades! congrats!
Reply 11
*steph 247*
ok, cool. thanks everyone! guess i better go revisse for general studies then! :smile:

btw daaavo, those are some seriously good grades! congrats!

You can't really prepare for general studies. However, you could revise some math forumlas though.
Reply 12
where did you hear that they can see all your scores?
Reply 13
theres quite a bit of revision you can do on the as guru site... I found it helped a bit with the social paper yesterday!

Latest

Trending

Trending