Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do I have to put all my AS grades on my ucas form? Cos if I don't get a decent grade for general studies it'll look really bad. Can I just leave it off if the unis don't accept it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can leave it off, but then they wont give you an offer depending on it. It would probably be worth checking if the unis and courses you are applying for do accept it. In which case you could put it on, and they probably wont mind to much about a low grade in that if your other subjects are ok.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure your supposed to put grades on even if you get a U

ReputationRep:
    I dont know - I know key skills might be different, but I was told I didnt have to put that down. My college made me take it, but the unis i applied to didnt want it, so I never did any work for it, just concentrated on my other subjects. So I just left it of my form, I thought you could leave things off, but then they wont take it into account later if you do well in it and then want them to include it it an offer. I could be totally wrong though, prehaps check with your school/colleges person who deals with UCAS forms.

ReputationRep:
    You even put the U's on. Otherwise they might ignore your application and pick up someone's who told the truth, even if it might not be helpful or straight A's. Can't hurt to tell the truth. If you lie it says they get you done or at least don't offer you a place due to fraud.

ReputationRep:
    really? even though you can refuse to disclose all of your grades? (I think you can anyway)

(Original post by The Colonel)
    i'm sure your supposed to put grades on even if you get a U
    There is no requirement to enter 'U' grades on one's UCAS application. U grades are 'unclassified' and are not certificated - therfore it is as though the exam was never taken - thank the Lord!

ReputationRep:
    It depends whether your college/institution has cashed in the AS grades I think... General studies is supposed to be a doddle though isnt it? To be honest... I dont tihnk many unis will care if you havent done particular well in G Studies... and it shouldnt affect their opinion of you if you have 4 other good AS levels.

ReputationRep:
    For us, we have to include all grades. If the AS is declined, you don't put it in.

ReputationRep:
    As of this year, all universities have acces to the main database with all of your module marks and grades for both GCSEs and GCE A-levels, hence, if you leave it off, they can find out about it - much better to just put them on.

ReputationRep:
    ok, cool. thanks everyone! guess i better go revisse for general studies then!

btw daaavo, those are some seriously good grades! congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *steph 247*)
    ok, cool. thanks everyone! guess i better go revisse for general studies then!

btw daaavo, those are some seriously good grades! congrats!
    You can't really prepare for general studies. However, you could revise some math forumlas though.

ReputationRep:
    where did you hear that they can see all your scores?

ReputationRep:
    theres quite a bit of revision you can do on the as guru site... I found it helped a bit with the social paper yesterday!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.